Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

1 hour ago, Blues Forever said:

This article mentions Raheem Sterling as a potential option for us. Don’t know quite how I’d feel about signing him. He almost reminds of of Willian in that he’ll have long spells during the season where he looks amazing and then long spells where he is painfully average.

As a fallback option if Dembele isn’t possible I’d probably be happy with Sterling. So long as he isn’t the only attacker we sign…

11 minutes ago, Vesper said:

We could have easily gotten Tchouameni for much less than even 100 million pounds. Unfortunately our board, Tuchel and even ex-players want us to sign Rice..

Edited by Beigl

12 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Rice will have to wind down his contract. I have always said this summer isn't possible and let's be real, he isn't moving anywhere but here. This will be like one of those deals Barca and Real pull where they just tell the player they'll get them when it is cheaper and stay put. 

17 minutes ago, Pizy said:

This article mentions Raheem Sterling as a potential option for us. Don’t know quite how I’d feel about signing him. He almost reminds of of Willian in that he’ll have long spells during the season where he looks amazing and then long spells where he is painfully average.

As a fallback option if Dembele isn’t possible I’d probably be happy with Sterling. So long as he isn’t the only attacker we sign…

Not a fan of Sterling but he he does graft which is important for our type of play, otherwise you have a Lukaku situation where the player just stands around (which you can only get away with if your peak Hazard on the ball.) 

That said, of all the City players who are a possibility Jesus is the one I would want as he is the type of CF we actually need rather than the type people imagine we need. 

Just now, Vesper said:

there are only two players on the planet worth £150m

Mbappe and Håland

no others are worth over £100m, due to age for some (Salah is now, in 2 weeks, 30yo, De Bruyne is 31 in 4 weeks, VVD is 31 in 6 weeks, Heung-min Son is 30yo in 6 weeks, and Benz and Lewa and are WELL past 30)

the only three (and 2 are DMF's !) £100m players (on the nose) for me

Kane (soon less as he turns 30 in summer 2023)

Kimmich

Rice

perhaps soon (or perhaps not)

Jude Bellingham

Vini Jr

Osimhen

Dušan Vlahović

Rúben Dias (if he goes back to 2020/21 levels)

that is it atm

15 minutes ago, Beigl said:

We could have easily gotten Tchouameni for much less than even 100 million pounds. Unfortunately our board, Tuchel and even ex-players want us to sign Rice..

£51-55m would have done it last summer, absolutely convinced of that (that is 60 to 65m euros)

fucking idiots (as if I have not said that hundreds of times, lol, but usually have been spot on)

and we then could have sold at least one of the MFers we will now get shit for (age and contracts)

17 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Not a fan of Sterling but he he does graft which is important for our type of play, otherwise you have a Lukaku situation where the player just stands around (which you can only get away with if your peak Hazard on the ball.) 

That said, of all the City players who are a possibility Jesus is the one I would want as he is the type of CF we actually need rather than the type people imagine we need. 

if we signed Dembele, Sterling, Jesus, Koulibaly, Gvardiol, one LB (Borna Sosa or David Raum), plus RB Djed Spence I will do a fucking naked jig on Hornsgatan

I do not see (assuming we miss out on Tchou) how we address DMF this summer, and IF we did all above, I doubt the money is there for Nkunku

If Kounde and Gvardiol end up being the two main centre back targets we are getting a much younger profile of player, especially considering the age profile of some of the players most expect us to rebuild around.

It could be the start of a more patient building plan with a longer term in mind.

Regarding Sterling I think he'd potentially be an excellent signing, the main reason being the way he has been drilled by pep the last few years to attack the goal and especially the back post. 

In the wing back formation someone whether it's the attackers or the wing back should always be attacking the back post and its something our players don't seem to do well enough. Our players prefer to drift wide where there's more space whereas Sterling has a knack of staying on the fringes of a game then suddenly come alive when an opportunity arises.

With the way we play I think we'd benefit so much from a player capable of doing so and there would probably be a fair few 'easy' goals available to them. He isn't the best player but he could be a very good fit.