Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

6 hours ago, Strike said:

Only area where it doesn't appear there are viable targets anymore is at CDM/CM

pretty much every sub 30yo (so no Casemiro, etc) DMF option out there

(I am not convinced Jude Bellingham, potentially the best player overall listed in this post, even topping Kimmich down the road perhaps, is a full on DMF type, the same for Ryan Gravenberch (just signed with bayern today, arfff), who is a wee step down from Bellingham IMHO, but still a superb player potentially)

the list (and ones off the board)

Joshua Kimmich       never leaving Bayern in his prime, and to show you how time flies, he only has 2 full sub 30yo seasons left
Declan Rice  £150m is madness, but he IS clearly the best option if no price limit
Aurélien Tchouameni     Real Madrid
Nicolò Barella (closest thing out there to Kante, and with better offensive skills, but he is not at a classic DMF, and would be an insanely hard pull, he has said over and over he doesn't want to leave Italy)
Frenkie de Jong (not convinced he is a true DMF, if so, he would be a Jorginho replacement)
Wilfred Ndidi (not sold on him for the price Leicester will demand)
Kalvin Phillips    Citeh
Rúben Neves (big problem though, very likely to end up at Manure or Barca)
Boubacar Kamara     Villa
Yves Bissouma (not convinced he is a true DMF, interesting option)
Sandro Tonali  super hard pull, basically impossible barring a crazy overspend, plus, like Barella, he doesnt want to leave Italy)
Bruno Guimarães  (Jorginho replacement, but a hard pull, he is a believer in the headchopper project)
Douglas Luiz  (not sold on him)
João Palhinha  (1.90m, late bloomer (turns 27 in 6 weeks) at Sporting Lisbon)
Julian Weigl (Tuchel knows him well from Dortmund, not sure he is up to EPL physicality)
Ismaël Bennacer  (Kante type, regressed a wee bit, and also a hard pull)
André Zambo Anguissa  (was oki, note great in the EPL, a beast at Napoli on loan, still under contract to Fulham)
Mohamed Camara  (dice roll, 22yo from RB Salzburg, not sold on him, but he is hard to judge)

youth players

Pape Sarr    Spuds, was out on loan at Metz this season
Danilo (Palmeiras, played well against us in the FWCC)
Khéphren Thuram (1.91m, at Nice)
Lucas Gourna-Douath (18yo, 1.85m at Saint-Étienne)
Amadou Onana  (1.95m at Lille)

Edited by Vesper

1 minute ago, Vesper said:

Barcelona have almost given up on Ousmane Dembele’s renewal

https://barcauniversal.com/barcelona-have-almost-given-up-on-ousmane-dembeles-renewal/

As I've previously said, he should be the first target we aim to secure, providing PSG hasn't done so already.

3 minutes ago, Vesper said:

fuck

This kid looks awesome, must be said. Another Bayern steal in the transfer market. He looks like he can become a £100m player in a couple of years of development at Bayern.

Frenkie De Jong seems like a saga that will be CR7 in reverse. Everyone and their mother assumes he’ll joking ten Hag at United but I can see Guardiola really pushing to get him instead. Which will cause RedCafe to crash for a week. 😂

From what it sounds like the new board are big on Tuchel and ready to essentially give him the keys to the kingdom like klopp and pep have had. 

So long as we don't tank, I think this needs to be looked upon as at least a 2 year project to build towards challenging for the title. With this in mind and considering how many positions probably need being worked on I'd rather we don't try and do everything this summer if the right player isn't available. The best player available in some positions might still not be good enough and I'm getting those vibes in centre midfield.

Let's position ourselves over the next year or two to get Rice at a lower fee when his contract winds down a little or look to be the young exciting team on the up which may prove attractive to Bellingham.

This summer a pair of centre backs is a must and I'd love us to address our wing back options and bring in Dembele if possible. For me Perisic and Djed Spence would bring genuine depth in quality in the wing back roles without costing a fortune. One is obviously a short term fix but like Silva proved it shouldn't be dismissed due to age if the player is still good enough to offer something.

5 players like above shouldn't be anywhere close to £200m like is being bandied around but if I'm honest I'd rather us be spending more money next summer when we've had more time for the new ownership to lay the foundations for things with regards to scouting, recruitment, etc.

1 hour ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Imagine keeping Werner and Lukaku but selling Broja. 

Honestly think Broja should go out on another PL loan next season. See if he’s good enough for Chelsea or not. Didn’t show enough this season and we can’t really afford to let him learn on the job here.