Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

43 minutes ago, chelsea_4_eva said:

Rapinha release clause £60M now?

Yet Leeds’ Director of Football Victor Orta has poured some cold water on the optimism of culers that a deal might be struck. Speaking to RadioMarca, he had this to say on the matter.

“Fortunately, the person managing his career knows what he is doing and that is Deco [Raphinha’s agent].”

“In this case, he helps me. I can’t say all agents do but in this case he is a help to me. The only target he has placed in front of his client is to help Leeds survive – everything else in the future will come after that.”

Unprompted, Orta wanted to make it clear where things stood with Raphinha’s availability.

“I say this because a transfer guru said that he had a clause, sometimes that guru is wrong. Raphinha does not have a release clause if Leeds stay in the Premier League.”

7 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

Thoughts on Antony? 

He's someone I was a fan of and wanted him ahead of the much favoured Raphinha (around here). However, I've started to lean more on Danjuma, as we are in dire need of a goal scoring winger.

If that wasn't the case, Leao is probably the most promising WF around.

10 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

I'd rather avoid all Eredivisie players moving forward. 

Got to judge players on skill and traits. Because that ultimately translates not what league they played.

I liked Ziyech, but not as FW. I was hoping he would be utilized like he was early in his Ajax career as a #8. If he was at City he would probably an alternative to KDB.

In the PL you have to have the acceleration to beat players 1 on 1 if you are going to play as a wide forward. 

29 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

He's someone I was a fan of and wanted him ahead of the much favoured Raphinha (around here). However, I've started to lean more on Danjuma, as we are in dire need of a goal scoring winger.

If that wasn't the case, Leao is probably the most promising WF around.

I see Danjuma as a better finisher/scorer but I like Antony close control and acceleration. See a bit of the left footed version of Hazard. 

4 hours ago, Clockwork said:

The disrespect smh. There is no point arguing with someone who downplays a player of Jorginho stature and accomplishment, while elevating Tchouaméni who has done nothing. Ndombele and Bakayoko were all supposed to be the next great thing.

I wouldn’t mind signing Tchouaméni, but how about he proves something before we sell a strong performer on this team.

its not disrespect, it is truth telling

Jorginho slows our play down to toddler crawl speed far too often plus is often overrun like a kebab vendor outside a SoHo nightclub at closing time

If our #9 spot was totally vacant like it was last summer I think we’d have a legit chance at Lewa. We’d probably offer Bayern €50m and he’d come here.

But it seems he has a genuine desire to go to Barca and with Lukaku being virtually unmovable any time soon we aren’t in any position to move for Lewandowski. 

If we sign any strikers this summer I think it’s going to have to be more of a hybrid type like Nkunku. No more traditional #9’s.

39 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

If Lukaku is still here think im with @Tomo in saying I’ll just refuse to watch. 

He’s going to destroy the dressing room with his sulking. 

Well you better get ready to not watch Chelsea next season because that bag of bones is staying. 😒

Unless an Italian club comes in with a loan offer, where could Rom even possibly go otherwise? Don’t know where some of you expect him to be moved to. 

The only destination that really makes sense would be Milan since Zlatan and Giroud are ancient. But would he go there with his Inter history and professing his undying love for that club?

Our best chance of any kind of dramatic move went out the window with Spuds securing 4th today. I could’ve seen a Kane for Rom swap since Conte loves him and Kane would’ve been itching to leave without CL footy.

Think we have to accept that Lukaku will be a Chelsea player next season. Just have to hope that we build a strong enough team that our whole season doesn’t depend on him scoring 20+ like it did this one. 

6 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Unless an Italian club comes in with a loan offer, where could Rom even possibly go otherwise? Don’t know where some of you expect him to be moved to. 

The only destination that really makes sense would be Milan since Zlatan and Giroud are ancient. But would he go there with his Inter history and professing his undying love for that club?

Our best chance of any kind of dramatic move went out the window with Spuds securing 4th today. I could’ve seen a Kane for Rom swap since Conte loves him and Kane would’ve been itching to leave without CL footy.

PSG or Inter are probably the only two realistic options. Atletico could be an outside shot with them getting rid of Suarez & are happy to spend big on a CF (just look at Morata).