Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

40 minutes ago, milka said:

Aurélien Tchouaméni has signed for Real Madrid on a 5 year contract. The transfer would be around €80million plus bonuses. 

The one of our targets is gone .

and West Ham have went full bonkers and want £150m for Rice, so that is not happening

Boubacar Kamara is off to Villa

so the top 3 DMF targets are washed

more on Rice

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/declan-rice-transfer-manutd-Chelsea-27031825

Declan Rice won’t quit West Ham this summer despite massive interest in him from Manchester United.

The 23-year-old’s refusal to sign new terms at the London Stadium has thrown his future into doubt. But Mirror Football understands there is no great desire from the player for him to quit the Hammers ahead of a season which will be busy enough with the World Cup in Qatar in November.

United have made Rice one of their top targets as Erik ten Hag looks to start his overhaul of the playing squad at Old Trafford. However, the player is understood to be willing to give West Ham another season before looking to make the move to one of the Premier League ’s really big boys.

Boss David Moyes and co-owners David Sullivan and David Gold have been adamant that Rice would not be for sale this summer and there is a growing feeling around the club that the player is on the same page.

Rice himself recently hinted he was ready to rebuff approaches from elsewhere, with his full focus remaining on ‘going again’ after suffering Europa League heartache at the semi-final stage. "We've proved that we can play in big European games and our fans and our stadium have shown we can handle those big European nights, and that's what we want more of,” he said earlier this month.

"I'm proud of the lads because we're not the biggest of squads, so to go week in, week out again and again and again, training and playing Thursdays and Sundays, away from home and away from families has been tough, but in the end we've had a great year and we're ready to go again.”

Well at least it’s not Liverpool. 

I guess now unless we get creative we’ll be sticking with Kante and J5 again next season. Should we try for Bissouma? He’s a beast and maybe the closest thing to Kante out there in terms of playing style. Premier League ready and wouldn’t cost mega money.

38 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I guess now unless we get creative we’ll be sticking with Kante and J5 again next season. Should we try for Bissouma? He’s a beast and maybe the closest thing to Kante out there in terms of playing style. Premier League ready and wouldn’t cost mega money.

I'd be willing to take a punt on Bissouma making the step up but his current legal situation would make me assume no one would be willing to risk buying him currently with that hanging over him.

Ironically I think he has a year left now so if he doesn't move this summer he could be a great pickup on a free.

I honestly don't see a need for a out and out DM if we continue with 3atb. For sure, we need to freshen up CM, but unless you're getting a Rice calibre player, then I don't see the need. 

For me, in a 3atb system, you really need No.6 types rather than No.4 types as otherwise it can quickly end up with 4 back the whole time and we already don't score enough. 

Personally, I have very high hopes for Gallagher. I think he'll slot in nicely here as he can take 25-30 games which means we can wrap Kante in cotton wool and wheel him out when needed and not continue to run him into the ground. Now don't get me wrong, that still isn't perfect but with the other issues we face it is secondary. 

I say this as the following issues at:

CB

CF

The lack of goals from AM

The depth issues at WB

As a result, a big name CM or DM is a long way down the list; especially as we need to get real and acknowledge that we aren't going out and buying 6+ players for mega money i.e. £35m+. 

At this point, the absolute priority is that we get at least one decent CB. If we don't get that, then regardless of other players in other areas we're going to be in for a rough ride. That means premium dollar being spent here. Gvardiol looks decent and I think he is someone who could transition to the PL, however I do have a worry about Bundesliga CB's transitioning to the PL.

After that Colwill is also someone I have faith in, maybe not for 50+ games but certainly for 20+. There really isn't a need to see another young boy with potential go elsewhere yet again so I want him back in the squad next year and given an opportunity.

Obviously in an ideal world we would get 2 CB's that are ready to replace Rudi/AC but equally I really don't want to be spunking £30m+ plus on someone who gets called a dreg after 6 mouths again. There is part of me that thinks owing to circumstances we should just go for Romagnoli as a low risk option as long as his contract demands aren't too much while that would allow Dave to leave as it appears he wants to do so. 

Then we come to WB, which for me, is actually a major, major concern. I have been one of Alonso's biggest supporters down the years but his legs have lost a yard of pace he already didn't have. For sure, Emerson can come back but let's face facts. There is a reason Alonso got picked ahead of him whenever he got more than 2 games to show what he is about.

Then we come to Chilwell, who we have absolutely no idea about what condition he is going to return in. Now I do not want this to come across as being uncaring (especially as I know personally what depression is like) but Chilwell's injury concerns me more from his mental position than his ACL.

At the start of last season he didn't start pretty much due to him being depressed about what happened with England, his form dropped off massively at Leicester in his last five-six months due to him admitting mental health issues and in general in his first 18 months he was up and down with his performance levels (which I think was mentally adjusting to playing for a club like Chelsea.) As a result, I have major worries that an ACL that cut him down, especially when he was flying, is going to have had a big impact on him. That is also before we get to the implications of a ACL on a player with his running style and reliance on pace. 

That leads me to think we need to get someone like Cucurealla. However that would require a sizable fee which won't be offset by Alonso and Emerson going. Gaya only has a year left at Valencia and is someone that I think we maybe should also look at. Either way, I think we're going to have to do something at LWB/LB and not just pray Chilwell is ok and that Emerson can string some form together. 

Then we come to RWB. James is obviously No.1 but what do we have behind that? Not much, especially if Dave leaves. Now there may be a case for Sterling but that is a risk, however equally I am not sure we can persuade anyone more than half decent to sit behind him, unless we pay through the nose. 

CF is a position I don't even know where to start. Lukaku was obviously always a disaster to anyone that knows about football and now we're lumbered with him. Kai, I think will have a big season next year but we still require more options. There is of course Broja but after thinking about it more, I do not think I have seen a CF benefit from sitting on the bench too much. Hence, I am leaning towards him having another year at Soton or somewhere else in the PL. However, that places all our hopes on Kai, which is too much risk. Personally, I would really like Jesus as I think he could slot in nicely, even if I don't think he is great, but I cannot see him coming here to take up a position that far divorced from the one he has at City. CF for me is a conundrum but whatever happens I don't want to see Lukaku taking up too many minutes. 

Lastly there is AM. On one hand, I actually don't mind all of our AM's individually but as a unit they just don't work. That means we need to get one in to mix things up and sell one or two so not to have too many bodies. Dembele has been linked but I am not keen on him as he is injury prone and he strikes me as someone that only turns up when he knows he needs a new contract, not sure we need to take that risk. Raphina is probably were I would look to go as he knows the league but he'll be difficult/in demand. After that, I am not so sure as I haven't watched enough football outside of Chelsea this year but what I do know is that a decent AM always costs a lot. 

So, yeah. Not sure of the need to spend shed loads of money on a DM when we have all the above issues. 

High hopes for Gallagher to be a success in a two man midfield when his success at Palace came at the ability to have free roam in a midfield 3, whereas in Tuchel's system the 2 central midfielders have to be disciplined. 

If we don't get a DM this summer then we will yet again continue to look frail in midfield. 

Just saw someone point out on Twitter that Koundé is in the La Liga team of the season (for the 2nd straight year) and that Gvardiol is in the Bundesliga team of the season at just 19/20 years old.

We’d be setting ourselves up for the very long term if we can get both. They can lock down those left and right CB spots and give us such a different dimension than what we’ve been used to. And if both can get a season under their belts it’ll make getting Silva’s long term replacement in the middle spot easier next summer.

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

Barella, for me is the closest to Kante (albeit he can be rash), and is far better offensively, BUT he is an impossible pull atm

he has said so many times he doesn't want to leave Italy

Tchouameni and Kamara signed. Rice valued at 150m. I don't think we are signing a DM. Jorginho should go to Juve this year and we sign a Milinkovic savic type midfielder instead.

17 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Just saw someone point out on Twitter that Koundé is in the La Liga team of the season (for the 2nd straight year) and that Gvardiol is in the Bundesliga team of the season at just 19/20 years old.

We’d be setting ourselves up for the very long term if we can get both. They can lock down those left and right CB spots and give us such a different dimension than what we’ve been used to. And if both can get a season under their belts it’ll make getting Silva’s long term replacement in the middle spot easier next summer.

Problem with Kounde isn't that he is a poor defender, the problem is that he doesn't look right for the PL. His habit of dangerous passing at the back, plus his lack of size is a dangerous combination in the PL. Additionally, if we did have to revert to a back 2 he would then be struggling to get into the team, even if he was good in a back 3. 

5 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Barella, for me is the closest to Kante (albeit he can be rash), and is far better offensively, BUT he is an impossible pull atm

he has said so many times he doesn't want to leave Italy

We are never signing a quality player like Barella. Conte pushed for him and Tonali. We signed Bakayoko and Drinkwater both injured.

laughable

West Ham reportedly eyeing move to sign £40 million Chelsea midfielder this summer

https://www.hammers.news/transfer-news/west-ham-reportedly-eyeing-move-to-sign-40-million-Chelsea-midfielder-this-summer/

West Ham United are reportedly keen to sign talented midfielder Conor Gallagher from Chelsea in the summer transfer window.

That’s according to a report from The Daily Star who claim that the Hammers will face competition from Crystal Palace and Everton for the Chelsea ace’s signature.

Central midfield is definitely an area at the London Stadium where West Ham manager David Moyes will want to strengthen in the summer transfer window.

1 minute ago, Hashishi said:

Tchouameni and Kamara signed. Rice valued at 150m. I don't think we are signing a DM. Jorginho should go to Juve this year and we sign a Milinkovic savic type midfielder instead.

I have been high on SMS for a while, however he comes with some risks. Firstly would be his ability to deal with the intensity of the league, I can see him having some difficulties with that. Then there is the fact that I do imagine Rice here at some point. Either 2023 or on a free in 2024. If it is 2024 then it isn't such an issue, if it is 2023 then the question is would he just become squad filler after a year, as you wouldn't pair the two together. 

3 minutes ago, Hashishi said:

We are never signing a quality player like Barella. Conte pushed for him and Tonali. We signed Bakayoko and Drinkwater both injured.

well, I would not go that far at all, we do toss out the big bucks on occasion

and Bakayoko and Drinkwater were not just injured, they were SHIT!

lololol

Donkeybaka is the main miss I have had in past 5 years (in terms of me being happy with a buy who then went bust)

most of the other shit buys I opposed from the start

the big test the other way (meaning I am opposed to the buy and yet they turn good, even great) will be Kounde

I am probably the most negative on him out of all the most active 100 plus posters here

I hope he makes me eat my words

would much rather have a black mark on my predictions and have him become WC and lead us to trophies

8 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Problem with Kounde isn't that he is a poor defender, the problem is that he doesn't look right for the PL. His habit of dangerous passing at the back, plus his lack of size is a dangerous combination in the PL. Additionally, if we did have to revert to a back 2 he would then be struggling to get into the team, even if he was good in a back 3. 

I just don’t see his height as that big of a deal. If he had that lack of height AND was also very sleight and skinny I’d be cautious. But he’s built like a tank and has a great leap on him. I don’t really ever hear about his height being a weakness when I read about him.

Him taking chances on the ball is definitely something that needs to be taken out of his game and cleaned up. But l’d take someone who is slightly risky with the ball than someone who is totally passive and soft like Christensen was in that right CB position.

As for the back 4 vs back 3 thing, he is well capable of playing as a RB if necessary. He has done it numerous times. Not worried about that.