Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

7 minutes ago, Pizy said:

That’s the dream. Add a new wingback and it would be a great window.

Wonder if it would be possible to tempt West Ham with cash + a player for Rice. There were reports yesterday that they are interested in Broja. They’ve been interested in RLC in the past. 

If not I’d absolutely love for us to go for the guy I’ve been wanting for the past couple of windows: Renato Sanches. He looked awesome against us in that CL game. 

Bin Rice....nothing special about him....

Go all out for Jude Bellingham....that kid is gonna be phenomenal...

1 hour ago, Alabama said:

He already is but I have a feeling that we will never get him. I've been reduced to celebrating the fact that Liverpool will not get him this summer as had been rumoured.

Edited by OhForAGreavsie

1 hour ago, Alabama said:

Bin Rice....nothing special about him....

Love Bellingham but he’s nothing like Rice. He’s a #8 whereas Rice is a #6. With Kova, Gallagher, Kante, and even Mount I think we’re set for the long term in that more advanced, ball carrying midfielder role.

We need a DM.

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

Renato Sanches. He looked awesome against us in that CL game.

I have no interest in us signing this player. I predicted he would fail at Munich and at Swansea and I believe he would fail here. Why? He's a limited footballer. He acquired some fame when Bayern spent an absurd amount of money on him ahead of Euro 2016. A decision which was shown up for what it was by Sanches's dreadful performances in that tournament.

People who remember that Sanches was named young player of those Euros will be amazed by my description of his displays but instead of that award showing how well he played, it simply showed, once again, that voted awards are almost always worthless. The bloke got the award partly because he scored a good goal but mainly because he had name recognition due to the transfer fee and Portugal's win. For those who doubt me all touches videos of Sanches's games in Euro '16 were available last time I checked. If they are still there, and his agents have not paid to have them replaced with edited versions, no one will be able to argue he deserved the award. He did not.

Not a Chelsea player in my book. Steer well clear.

Edited by OhForAGreavsie

12 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Love Bellingham but he’s nothing like Rice. He’s a #8 whereas Rice is a #6. With Kova, Gallagher, Kante, and even Mount I think we’re set for the long term in that more advanced, ball carrying midfielder role.

We need a DM.

I agree we need a DM but if Bellingham was available to us, which he isn't of course, we'd have to take him. Boy's a star.

24 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

I have no interest in us signing this player. I predicted he would fail at Munich and at Swansea and I believe he would fail here. Why? He's a limited footballer. He acquired some fame when Bayern spent an absurd amount of money on him ahead of Euro 2016. A decision which was shown up for what it was by Sanches's dreadful performances in that tournament.

People who remember that Sanches was named young player of those Euros will be amazed by my description of his displays but instead of that award showing how well he played, it simply showed, once again, that voted awards are almost always worthless. The bloke got the award partly because he scored a good goal but mainly because he had name recognition due to the transfer fee and Portugal's win. For those who doubt me all touches videos of Sanches's games in Euro '16 were available last time I checked. If they are still there, and his agents have not paid to have them replaced with edited versions, no one will be able to argue he deserved the award. He did not.

Not a Chelsea player in my book. Steer well clear.

It’s pretty well known that he has improved massively since then. He was just a teenager when he burst onto the scene so of course he was overhyped.

He has turned himself into a great player in France. I’m not saying we should make him our priority but if other options are off the table or we are priced out we could do a lot worse than Sanches.

21 minutes ago, Pizy said:

It’s pretty well known that he has improved massively since then. He was just a teenager when he burst onto the scene so of course he was overhyped.

He has turned himself into a great player in France. I’m not saying we should make him our priority but if other options are off the table or we are priced out we could do a lot worse than Sanches.

How is his injury record lately? He's a super player no doubt. I see Milan and PSG want him. 

37 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Overrated, not overhyped.

I'll be dismayed if we sign this bloke. It will be a very discouraging sign from the new owners.

18 minutes ago, Strike said:

I see Milan and PSG want him

Possibly agent hype of course but I'll be delighted if true. 

I do not rate this bloke at all. Like any professional footballer he is capable of great moments and the occasional good game but his talent level is such that he will not be a reliable contributor to top level sides.

2 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Overrated, not overhyped.

I'll be dismayed if we sign this bloke. It will be a very discouraging sign from the new owners.

Don’t think we have to worry about our owner getting involved in transfers anymore. Roman was a genuine transfer muppet like a lot of us supporters are and he was enamored but shiny names. Boehly doesn’t know a thing about footballers so I’m going to assume that all signings going forward are going to be in the recommendation or request of Tuchel.

21 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Don’t think we have to worry about our owner getting involved in transfers anymore. Roman was a genuine transfer muppet like a lot of us supporters are and he was enamored but shiny names.

Spot on analysis in my opinion. I think he bought Chelsea because he loved playing football manager and wanted to play for real. Evidence...

Close to the very beginning Bruce Buck gave an interview extolling Roman's love for football and described how you could name any player, no matter how obscure, and RA would have data about him. While Roman had the dosh to employ an army of scouts and IT operatives to build an independent database if he wanted to, Football Manager is obviously what he was using to impress Bruce.

In that same extended interview, Peter Kenyon was asked who was buying the players. Trying desperately to square the circle between admitting that Roman was buying some and outright lying, he said it was a 'committee decision' with input from everybody. Personally I have never blamed Roman for this because, as I've confessed before, if I owned CFC I'd have made the football decision on all incoming transfers. Certainly I'd have taken recommendations from coaches and scouts but the final decision would have been mine and mine alone. Bad but true. 😒

Edited by OhForAGreavsie