Super Frank Thread

Part of me was really hoping Frank went back down to a Championship club and worked his way back up eventually to another PL job. Everton is in such a rotten state and needs such a big rebuild that I can see him struggling to make it work there. And if he fails at another big club it could forever taint his career prospects. He may never get a shot at a top club again.

Not to mention I fucking hate Everton who have raised their game against us to a seemingly impossible degree when they’ve been in a moment of crisis the last 2 times. 😒 Scouse bastards.

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

Part of me was really hoping Frank went back down to a Championship club and worked his way back up eventually to another PL job. Everton is in such a rotten state and needs such a big rebuild that I can see him struggling to make it work there. And if he fails at another big club it could forever taint his career prospects. He may never get a shot at a top club again.

Not to mention I fucking hate Everton who have raised their game against us to a seemingly impossible degree when they’ve been in a moment of crisis the last 2 times. 😒 Scouse bastards.

They actually don't, we just constantly let them off the hook with poor finishing.  The last time they properly nullified us was the 0-0 under Sarri.

12 minutes ago, Tomo said:

They actually don't, we just constantly let them off the hook with poor finishing.  The last time they properly nullified us was the 0-0 under Sarri.

In that game shots on target were 0:8 for us. Last 3 visits there they always had more. We did controlled every game with possession tho. 

• 1 month later...

5 defeats in 6 PL games now. 4 in a row without scoring. 

Only Brentford seems winnable game left for them this season. Leeds and Watford won today. Burnley have solid schedule. Very good chance he gets relegated. 

10 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

5 defeats in 6 PL games now. 4 in a row without scoring. 

Only Brentford seems winnable game left for them this season. Leeds and Watford won today. Burnley have solid schedule. Very good chance he gets relegated. 

They have 3 games in hand..duno who against. I dont get the decision to hire! Or why they sacked Rafa. Know he wasn't doing great but he has experience.

Big risk for Lampard taking this job..then again the clubs a mess to start with

• 2 weeks later...

Be surprised if he remains at Everton beyond the summer.

Their owner is notorious for going through managers and Frank hasn’t really turned anything around, in fact they’re struggling just as much if not even more.

Theres also huge talk of a clause in his contract which means they have to avoid a big pay out to get rid of him.

Still can’t believe he thought going to Everton was going to be a good move for him.

Edited by OneMoSalah

• 8 months later...

Sack watch. 

2 points more than bottom of the table with City next. Just lost to bottom of the table before the game Wolves at home. 

In the summer he got 2 great free agents CBs in Tarkowski and Coady. Plus they spent 80m euros on very solid 5 players. And still zero improvement. No chance he gets another top flight job after another failure. 

Edited by NikkiCFC

I don't get why some people seem to enjoy he isn't doing well, but Lamps failure and Mou demise only prove that motivator-type, tactics and sport-science comes later managers are not enough for top flight football nowadays

Pre lockdown i thought we showed a decent amount of promise under him but after lockdown it was pretty brutal to be honest (although i did try to convince myself he'd find a way to fix it for a while).

Pulisic's form then the Silva/Mendy novelty kept results good for a while but his tenure peaked in those Gilmour vs Scousers games.

Edited by Tomo

• 3 months later...

I think the team is going to improve for 3 reasons.

1. Lampard is a club legend and regardless of his managerial career, the players will respect him. 

2. He brought through a lot of academy during his first stint, like James, Mount, Tomori, Abraham. I think he could do wonders in a few months with the young talent we have in the squad now. 

3. Lamps is fine as a temporary solution. It is nice to see the club is learning from their mistakes and not hiring the first Fancy Joe that is performing well. Waiting until summer is a smart tactic. Plus always remember, lampard set tuchel up with a really good drilled squad for him to win the UCL.

Edited by Hashishi

Can Frank Lampard become the permanent manager ?

- Lamps has gained experience since he left us two years ago.
- Everton's dismal performance cannot be attributed to him, they are a poor side this season.
- It's difficult to win the champions league but he may do it.

We have n't played a single match yet under Frank Lampard so it's a tall order. But is it impossible ?

Edited by cosmicway

28 minutes ago, Hashishi said:

I think the team is going to improve for 3 reasons.

1. Lampard is a club legend and regardless of his managerial career, the players will respect him. 

2. He brought through a lot of academy during his first stint, like James, Mount, Tomori, Abraham. I think he could do wonders in a few months with the young talent we have in the squad now. 

3. Lamps is fine as a temporary solution. It is nice to see the club is learning from their mistakes and not hiring the first Fancy Joe that is performing well. Waiting until summer is a smart tactic. Plus always remember, lampard set tuchel up with a really good drilled squad for him to win the UCL.

hope he gives chances to young players in the league.  Carney and fofana in particular

Edited by lucio