Super Frank Thread

In the last 5 games the only teams which dont have a single win  , Southampton , Everton and Chelsea  - relegation stats .

In these 5 last game Chelsea have the lowest points from all  -  1 points , Southamton (2) and Everton (3points) . Even Leicester (4) and Forest (3) have more in that period - relegation stats . 

Only Soton (27) , Everton (24) Forest(29) and Wolves (29) have less goals than Chelsea - relegation stats .

I haven't watched many matches of these teams, but I can bet that they put more fight and desire than us .

They won points from Arsenal - Soton  scored 3   on Emirates  and led until the final minutes there and took a point . Let's see our shitshow there next  week with 10 defenders and Kante ST . 

Edited by milka

1 hour ago, OneMoSalah said:

Why did he bother taking it if he thought he couldn’t improve us though? Just defeats the purpose of doing so. He might as well resign if he thinks he can’t change it no?

Because this is real life and he was probably offered good money. You have to stop thinking like a sentimental fan and more like a normal working person to understand some decisions taken in entertainment/sports. At least that's what I think.

Edited by manpe

5 hours ago, manpe said:

Because this is real life and he was probably offered good money. You have to stop thinking like a sentimental fan and more like a normal working person to understand some decisions taken in entertainment/sports. At least that's what I think.

I get that bit but he wants to step back into management after this right, so he’s hardly doing himself any favours and he’s certainly not doing the club any favours (although neither were the owners appointing him). And all the reasons/quotes he’s coming out with now - basically just saying he cannot do anything and its not because of him, deflecting the blame.

I don’t think anybody would of said a bad word if he didn’t take this on particularly for the reasons of which he has now said, weeks after taking it on. Just seems pointless, oh I can’t do anything because of this or that but I’ll stay here because well why not… he’s really tarnishing his legacy here from the success he had as a player and proving himself to be completely incompetent in the hot seat for the second time round (and throw in Everton spell on top). I genuinely believe no PL club is going to look to appoint him in the next 18-24 months based on what he has done at Everton and here. Nobody.

Looking at it, from both points of view, it seems like a really stupid move on his behalf and certainly was on the clubs behalf. Whoever thought “Oh we can maybe win the CL, lets appoint the man who’s probably 75% responsible for maybe relegated Everton this season” needs their head checked - be it Eghbali, Boehly, the football people, whoever. 

7 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

I get that bit but he wants to step back into management after this right, so he’s hardly doing himself any favours and he’s certainly not doing the club any favours (although neither were the owners appointing him). And all the reasons/quotes he’s coming out with now - basically just saying he cannot do anything and its not because of him, deflecting the blame.

I don’t think anybody would of said a bad word if he didn’t take this on particularly for the reasons of which he has now said, weeks after taking it on. Just seems pointless, oh I can’t do anything because of this or that but I’ll stay here because well why not… he’s really tarnishing his legacy here from the success he had as a player and proving himself to be completely incompetent in the hot seat for the second time round (and throw in Everton spell on top). I genuinely believe no PL club is going to look to appoint him in the next 18-24 months based on what he has done at Everton and here. Nobody.

Looking at it, from both points of view, it seems like a really stupid move on his behalf and certainly was on the clubs behalf. Whoever thought “Oh we can maybe win the CL, lets appoint the man who’s probably 75% responsible for maybe relegated Everton this season” needs their head checked - be it Eghbali, Boehly, the football people, whoever. 

Those quotes are recent when he was already on the job, he might not have thought so before taking the job as he wouldn't have been in the know then. Maybe he thought that Potter was the main problem, that coming in right after him would boost morale and uplift the team, ride on the new manager bounce and possibly win/get to the final of the CL - all of which would have boosted his job credentials for the future. Unfortunately it hasn't turned out that way.

So I do see where Lampard's coming from. After Everton he probably wasn't getting another EPL job any time soon, Chelsea presented an opportunity to change that and prove himself. It was a calculated risk.

Edited by manpe

Some members' behaviour on here is just shambolic.

First, we are not in a relegation fight and will not even be close to going down even if we lose all remaining matches. FFS get a grip. All this doom-wallowing is disgusting. Spending 600m on a world cup winning team and ending up lower half of the table is bad enough. We have to face it as it is, no need to talk it up or down. There are even harsher times ahead for this club but we will not be relegated in the forseeable future.

Second, while he is obviously not a good coach and the wrong person at the wrong time for the job this is by no mean Lamps's fault only. He is clearly out of his depth and unable to turn things around but the problems we have do indeed predate him. Lampard should get his share of blame for the poor recent results and craven lineups but he doesn not deserve to be singled out as a scapegoat for the crisis we have been in for months. If there is one person to bear this responsibility it is Boehly. He storms into the dressing room and plays little emperor, buys shit players till the chaging room bursts, hands out crazy contracts, fires competent staff and hires amateurs. Lampard took the emergency call to help his club - foolish enough but noble nonetheless. As clueless a coach as he might be he still deserves our respect as a true blue and as our best ever player.

37 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Some members' behaviour on here is just shambolic.

First, we are not in a relegation fight and will not even be close to going down even if we lose all remaining matches. FFS get a grip. All this doom-wallowing is disgusting. Spending 600m on a world cup winning team and ending up lower half of the table is bad enough. We have to face it as it is, no need to talk it up or down. There are even harsher times ahead for this club but we will not be relegated in the forseeable future.

Second, while he is obviously not a good coach and the wrong person at the wrong time for the job this is by no mean Lamps's fault only. He is clearly out of his depth and unable to turn things around but the problems we have do indeed predate him. Lampard should get his share of blame for the poor recent results and craven lineups but he doesn not deserve to be singled out as a scapegoat for the crisis we have been in for months. If there is one person to bear this responsibility it is Boehly. He storms into the dressing room and plays little emperor, buys shit players till the chaging room bursts, hands out crazy contracts, fires competent staff and hires amateurs. Lampard took the emergency call to help his club - foolish enough but noble nonetheless. As clueless a coach as he might be he still deserves our respect as a true blue and as our best ever player.

To top it off Boehly and co. have even reinstated the physio they fired last year.

Shows how shambolic their decision making has been.

They really need to make amends next season 

Frank hasn’t improved markedly since his Derby days, fundamental issues are still present in all his teams since, albeit not a huge pool, it’s a fair statement. Elevated sense of self is all I think when I listen to his interviews about issues predating him etc etc 

I know this isn’t related but I saw Frank and Petr on my flight to Stuttgart years ago, day after we got beat by United, Petr was fine with the people who recognised him, Frank had the hump by it all, fans this, fans that, players need to understand Chelsea this, Chelsea that, yawn, spin the other one, I’ll be shocked if he gets another job, interview today with a little dig praising Arsenal as they stuck with Arteta but another club may have changed manager two or three times - Heard on the radio from a presenter so I can’t direct quote.

Either way, get out Frank.

9 hours ago, DH1988 said:

I know this isn’t related but I saw Frank and Petr on my flight to Stuttgart years ago, day after we got beat by United, Petr was fine with the people who recognised him, Frank had the hump by it all

Can you explain what that means? What did Frank do?

if he can beat Arse (which pretty much will guarantee they lose the title) AND beat Manure (hopefully knocking them out of the CL), I will be satisfied with his brief spell this time

granted, HUGE ifs, lolol, and we probably will get hammered in both matches, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

He said that Roman's hire and fire policy costed him trophies as a player. He won 3 PL but he feels he would have 5 or 6 if we had long term manager. Probably thinks about Mourinho. 

3 hours ago, Vesper said:

if he can beat Arse (which pretty much will guarantee they lose the title) AND beat Manure (hopefully knocking them out of the CL), I will be satisfied with his brief spell this time

granted, HUGE ifs, lolol, and we probably will get hammered in both matches, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Lol..I keep joking that he has a better record against Arteta than Tuchel did.

Imagine if history actually repeats itself 

4 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

He said that Roman's hire and fire policy costed him trophies as a player. He won 3 PL but he feels he would have 5 or 6 if we had long term manager. Probably thinks about Mourinho. 

He is right tho. I think Mourinho mk I had one more good season in him. We finished just 2 points short of ManUre s best ever season with fkin Grant as manager and showed in Moscow we could dominate Utd.
 And who knows what Carlo could have done with a bit more time. His sack was unfair given the amount of injuries we had plus we severely underinvested in summer 2010 after deco and Ballack left. 
Still I think with that amazing team we had 2005 to 2010 we could have easily won 5/6 titles if we had not had the most formidable rival in SAF and the best ManUre side ever. Plus we should have won it in 2014 

Believe me, I am just as pissed as the next guy at how a disappointment Frank is as our manager but let’s never forget his greatness as a player. Still for me our most important player ever and greatest midfielder in PL history. 

Edited by Magic Lamps

9 hours ago, Vesper said:

Ahahahah unfortunately...we can't score a goal!! Be nice to be Arsenal..dont think beating Man U make a difference cause they're comfy. Prob somehow beat City and help Arsenal somehow..