Super Frank Thread

15 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

You'd like to think so but widely reported, and wouldnt put much beyond them. Signing players based on their astrological star signs ?

I mean to be honest no....nothing would surprise me anymore. He'll be announced as manager next...

Edited by Laylabelle

8 hours ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Chelsea owner Todd Boehly 'asked for James Corden's opinion' before appointing Frank Lampard | Daily Mail Online

James Corden the West Ham fan. 

Did he ask him about transfers as well ?

Oh boy 🤣

What is it going to be tomorrow/next week? “Todd Boehly asked Kim Kardashian for her opinion on signing Mudryk” 

I mean anyone else I’d find it hard to believe but Boehly aye why not. Fucking clown. 

Edited by OneMoSalah

13 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Oh boy 🤣

What is it going to be tomorrow/next week? “Todd Boehly asked Kim Kardashian for her opinion on signing Mudryk” 

I mean anyone else I’d find it hard to believe but Boehly aye why not. Fucking clown. 

Almost every even remotely decent source basically say Boehly is at best a second in command to Eghbali these days (I say at best because from what I can gather he's one of those bosses where being a second in command to him may aswell be an employer).

Even if this story that "broke" in the sun (ffs) was true he'd have to get it past Eghbali, a bloke who ground Rui Costa down in negotiations would okay something Corden suggested? Sound plausible!

11 hours ago, Tomo said:

Almost every even remotely decent source basically say Boehly is at best a second in command to Eghbali these days (I say at best because from what I can gather he's one of those bosses where being a second in command to him may aswell be an employer).

Even if this story that "broke" in the sun (ffs) was true he'd have to get it past Eghbali, a bloke who ground Rui Costa down in negotiations would okay something Corden suggested? Sound plausible!

It is one of these very much take it with a pinch of salt but there is just something off with Boehly & Eghbali’s decisions this last year in general. I mean regardless of what they seem to do it doesn’t look good 90% of the time. 

The signings of Fernandez and Badiashile maybe the exceptions as it stands.

There is an element of the club being a circus and a laughing stock at the moment. Its mainly been because of the decisions that have stemmed from the owner/owners. Maybe where this stories come from.

But either way - Boehly & Eghbali haven’t done much right and need to seriously leave the decision making to footballing people from now on.

Stupid article from the Sun. Click bait article only made to poke fun of Chelsea which is the theme these days.

That being said, the club have acted stupidly of late with a decision not to have a proper replacement lined up before giving Potter the boot. 

3 hours ago, Special Juan said:

I forgot how boring FL's press conferences and if the players want motivating he's defo not the bloke to be doing it.

Could be 3 out of 3 losses tonight

You mean 4 out of 4?

8 hours ago, Special Juan said:

I forgot how boring FL's press conferences and if the players want motivating he's defo not the bloke to be doing it.

Could be 3 out of 3 losses tonight

4 hours ago, manpe said:

You mean 4 out of 4?

Yup. 

On 18/04/2023 at 22:31, Fernando said:

If we lose all our game do we have a high change of getting relegated? 

Because at this rate is more likely we lose all our games. 

its possible but pretty unlikely

we are at 39 points

only 3 teams have ever been been relegated with 40 or more points (in the EPL era with 38 games)  None since 20 years ago (so it's never happened since Chelsea became a true league power starting when Roman bought us in summer 2003 and we finished 2nd to that undefeated Arse side, then won the EPL the next 2 (and almost 3) seasons)

Sunderland with 40 in 96/97

Bolton with 40 in 97/98

West Ham with 42 in 2002/03

Middlesbrough was relegated with 39 points in 96/97

Birmingham and Blackpool were both relegated with 39 points in 2010/11

that's it

Edited by Vesper

I see he isn’t taking any responsibility regarding not playing a CF tonight from minute 1. Just blaming a lack of goals in the squad saying it predates him.

Perhaps that is partly true on goals being an issue before him but playing no more than 1 recognised attacking player at home v Brentford and Real Madrid is on him.

Part of the problem, not the solution but looks like he is now trying to cover his own back with comments like that.

Hope he enjoys managing in the championship because there will be no PL clubs touching him with a 9 ft barge pole.

Edited by OneMoSalah

32 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

I see he isn’t taking any responsibility regarding not playing a CF tonight from minute 1. Just blaming a lack of goals in the squad saying it predates him.

Perhaps that is partly true on goals being an issue before him but playing no more than 1 recognised attacking player at home v Brentford and Real Madrid is on him.

Part of the problem, not the solution but looks like he is now trying to cover his own back with comments like that.

Hope he enjoys managing in the championship because there will be no PL clubs touching him with a 9 ft barge pole.

I understand the Madrid game, and considering we had 3 or 4 really good chances before they scored, I think the way we were set up for that return leg was justified.

But there's simply no argument for tonight. With the greatest respect, this was home against Brentford. Having had 10 days since the Madrid game, to roll that team out for this game is embarrassing. What was particularly damning was after the game Thomas Frank saying he was surprised we gave them that much respect and set up that defensively in the first half. 

I didn't watch the game, partly due to the fact it was at 4:30am here in Australia, but also due to the lack of respect the club and players show for the badge at this point. 

Frank himself can sit and look at himself with that team selection. You'd think we were playing prime Barca with the way he setup the team. Conor should never play a minute for this team, yet he is a nailed on starter. Kante on the wings. Brilliant tactics. 

Just hope we get enough draws from this season that we don't get relegated. 

57 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

He will end up as worst manager in the history of football. 

Honestly Lampard is one of the biggest and most influential coaches right now in world football, basically relegated Everton and fighting to relegate Chelsea as well all in the same season, the balls of his man, he could probably relegate Bayern if he was given the job.

4 hours ago, TheHulk said:

Honestly Lampard is one of the biggest and most influential coaches right now in world football, basically relegated Everton and fighting to relegate Chelsea as well all in the same season, the balls of his man, he could probably relegate Bayern if he was given the job.

Just 4 wins in 28 games this season for him for both clubs. Let's see if he can bring 5th 😁