Super Frank Thread

6 minutes ago, Cosmin said:

I have always wondered where he and we would be, if Roman didn't sack him back in 2020 and allowed him to get rid of the players that he had a conflict with, instead. Could that have been our "Arsenal with Arteta" moment? 

Lol no - Remember Lampard got schooled in the FA Cup final vs Arteta too. Arsenal with Holding, Luiz, Bellerin etc in the lineup comfortably merited the win that day. He really is a limited coach - everything from his time at Chelsea, Everton has already spelt this out. Being a white, ex-player with connections will help you keep getting opportunities it seems. 

This nostalgia appointment won't help us a lot now. Carefully drilled attacking patterns will help - that is how City, Liverpool are far ahead, how Arteta is developing Arsenal. 29 goals in 29 games this season. Even though the finishing is an issue, there is a bigger underlying problem - we don't have a coherent attacking plan for a long time at the club. 

Club needs to nail the next appointment in the summer and Lampard should be far from the shortlist. 

3 hours ago, Hashishi said:

I think the team is going to improve for 3 reasons.

1. Lampard is a club legend and regardless of his managerial career, the players will respect him. 

2. He brought through a lot of academy during his first stint, like James, Mount, Tomori, Abraham. I think he could do wonders in a few months with the young talent we have in the squad now. 

3. Lamps is fine as a temporary solution. It is nice to see the club is learning from their mistakes and not hiring the first Fancy Joe that is performing well. Waiting until summer is a smart tactic. Plus always remember, lampard set tuchel up with a really good drilled squad for him to win the UCL.

What is this rewriting of history. Tuchel devised a plan in the flight to London that completely changed the way we played and brought a lot of control to our game. Rudiger and Jorginho were installed as first-teamers - they would go onto be crucial in the CL win. Lampard was playing Zouma over Rudiger - look at the difference in their careers. 

From the first game vs Wolves, you felt this was a completely different Chelsea under Tuchel and Lampard did very little to set any of that up. Defense and midfield were great, the attack somehow managed to scrape the goals needed in the knockout games - really should have won vs Atleti, Real and City by bigger margins if the attack could finish then. 

40 minutes ago, Strike said:

Lol no - Remember Lampard got schooled in the FA Cup final vs Arteta too. Arsenal with Holding, Luiz, Bellerin etc in the lineup comfortably merited the win that day. He really is a limited coach - everything from his time at Chelsea, Everton has already spelt this out. Being a white, ex-player with connections will help you keep getting opportunities it seems. 

This nostalgia appointment won't help us a lot now. Carefully drilled attacking patterns will help - that is how City, Liverpool are far ahead, how Arteta is developing Arsenal. 29 goals in 29 games this season. Even though the finishing is an issue, there is a bigger underlying problem - we don't have a coherent attacking plan for a long time at the club. 

Club needs to nail the next appointment in the summer and Lampard should be far from the shortlist. 

I do not want Frank to be the permanent manager either. That ship has sailed in 2020. However, there are a few things that I disagree with you on.

• Lampard lost the FA Cup final, but remember his achievements during that season: top 4 with a transfer ban, an FA Cup final (lost, but still a final after a difficult run-in, with games against Liverpool, Leicester and Man United), and a lot of great academy players promoted in the first squad and even first 11. Of course, the next season things started to go bad, but in my opinion Frank's management during 2019-2020 is underrated by many football fans.
  • I don't want to get into this topic, but bringing up his race as an argument is not a good idea. He only had one more job since leaving Chelsea, and that was at a disaster of a club, where even Ancelotti has failed. 
  • Liverpool are far ahead? Liverpool are in a mess currently. Klopp's players are worn out, just look at Mane. On a side note, all that "drilled attacking patterns" got them one UCL trophy, and one Premier League title and five other trophies (EFL Cup, FA Cup, Community Shield, CWC, European Supercup) since Klopp took over. During the same time, Chelsea have almost the same achievements, except for the Community Shield. So I wouldn't really take Liverpool as a performance standard, compared to us. 

Of course there are problems at Chelsea, problems that Lampard cannot fix. But things were looking just as bad at Arsenal, when "Holding, Luiz, Bellerin etc." were starters there. The difference is that Arteta had the time and patience from the club to deal with those problems, while Lampard was sacked in January 2020. I am just wondering what would've happened if he had a little bit of extra trust from the club. Just like I wonder what would've happened to Arteta's career, if he got fired during his second season at Arsenal.

Edited by Cosmin

1 hour ago, Cosmin said:

I do not want Frank to be the permanent manager either. That ship has sailed in 2020. However, there are a few things that I disagree with you on.

• Lampard lost the FA Cup final, but remember his achievements during that season: top 4 with a transfer ban, an FA Cup final (lost, but still a final after a difficult run-in, with games against Liverpool, Leicester and Man United), and a lot of great academy players promoted in the first squad and even first 11. Of course, the next season things started to go bad, but in my opinion Frank's management during 2019-2020 is underrated by many football fans.
  • I don't want to get into this topic, but bringing up his race as an argument is not a good idea. He only had one more job since leaving Chelsea, and that was at a disaster of a club, where even Ancelotti has failed. 
  • Liverpool are far ahead? Liverpool are in a mess currently. Klopp's players are worn out, just look at Mane. On a side note, all that "drilled attacking patterns" got them one UCL trophy, and one Premier League title and five other trophies (EFL Cup, FA Cup, Community Shield, CWC, European Supercup) since Klopp took over. During the same time, Chelsea have almost the same achievements, except for the Community Shield. So I wouldn't really take Liverpool as a performance standard, compared to us. 

Of course there are problems at Chelsea, problems that Lampard cannot fix. But things were looking just as bad at Arsenal, when "Holding, Luiz, Bellerin etc." were starters there. The difference is that Arteta had the time and patience from the club to deal with those problems, while Lampard was sacked in January 2020. I am just wondering what would've happened if he had a little bit of extra trust from the club. Just like I wonder what would've happened to Arteta's career, if he got fired during his second season at Arsenal.

He did a good job promoting the youth and putting together a decent 2019-20 season

But I don't want to single out Lampard since its a larger problem but his appointment is an example of how recruitment favors candidates like him. There are zero black managers in the league now that Vieira was sacked. While Lampard keeps getting endless opportunities and us fans think he will one day get things right. 

Liverpool have scored around 80 points more than Chelsea in the last 5 seasons. They're ahead in the league table now and won two cup finals vs Chelsea last year. They've struggled this year and in 2020-21 but both times they seem to be finishing above Chelsea. In the other years, we've been comfortably behind them. As much as I want to say the 2021 CL win makes our achievements comparable, it really isn't even close. 

Edited by Strike

15 minutes ago, Strike said:

There are zero black managers in the league now that Vieira was sacked.

Good point. I always noted Hasselbainks comments and analysis on TV to be 100% accurate-and thought why isn't he on our coaching staff ? Now he's been recruited by England national team.

13 hours ago, cosmicway said:

Can Frank Lampard become the permanent manager ?

- Lamps has gained experience since he left us two years ago.
- Everton's dismal performance cannot be attributed to him, they are a poor side this season.
- It's difficult to win the champions league but he may do it.

We have n't played a single match yet under Frank Lampard so it's a tall order. But is it impossible ?

Wrong.

Look at how they’ve improved under Dyche. They will be heavily favoured to stay up now as opposed to being one of the nailed on teams to going down because Dyche has the know how and has picked up points quickly. In his 10 games he’s picked up 12 points. Lampard had 5 points in his last 9 games and 15 all season.

Lets not talk about his failed transfers such as Neal Maupay, Dele Alli, James Garner, Idrissa Gueye…..

Wait what… gained experience? He was at Everton for like 1 year? Do me a favour. Relegation battle experience maybe. 

Edited by OneMoSalah

44 minutes ago, lucio said:

All his jobs , derby , Everton and Chelsea X2 have come on the back of his time as a player. He isn't cut out for this and should retire from management tonight. 

Man, left Everton on 20th place, run away with 5m and to have audacity to come back here it's astonishing to me. Not to mention his last couple of months here. He should know better at least, since not expecting that from people who called him to come back in the first place. And our fans all excited about his return... Horror science fiction... 

Edited by NikkiCFC

4 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Wrong.

Look at how they’ve improved under Dyche. They will be heavily favoured to stay up now as opposed to being one of the nailed on teams to going down because Dyche has the know how and has picked up points quickly. In his 10 games he’s picked up 12 points. Lampard had 5 points in his last 9 games and 15 all season.

Lets not talk about his failed transfers such as Neal Maupay, Dele Alli, James Garner, Idrissa Gueye…..

Wait what… gained experience? He was at Everton for like 1 year? Do me a favour. Relegation battle experience maybe. 

Everton lost 2-0 to United - should have been 12-0.
They are well into relegation trouble.
As for Lamps he did gain some experience whether he wanted to or not.
Can you tell me how long did it take Mou to become the special one ? I mean before Porto.
However Lamps lost to Wolves today as we saw. He did not create a miracle and it would have been a miracle.

8 minutes ago, cosmicway said:

Everton lost 2-0 to United - should have been 12-0.
They are well into relegation trouble.
As for Lamps he did gain some experience whether he wanted to or not.
Can you tell me how long did it take Mou to become the special one ? I mean before Porto.
However Lamps lost to Wolves today as we saw. He did not create a miracle and it would have been a miracle.

You did not just try and compare Lampard to Mourinho. Fuck off 🤣

At least Mourinho did some time as an assistant in and around some top coaches before going for it as a manager. Think it took him 2 years to go to Porto after spells at Benfica & some other team as a manager and he was pretty successful in 2 seasons wasn’t he? As opposed to Frank who basically got the Derby job because Harry Redknapp phoned Mel Morris (or so his uncle, Harry Redknapp, heavily hinted at saying it publicly). Then didn’t make the cut here or at Everton.

Yes Everton got beat by United but fuck me, games v Man Utd wont define their season. They never have. The fact still stands Dyche has nearly more points than Lampard managed there in 6 months in half the time.

I am guessing your going to be one of these Lampard in regardless. Great. Wheres the block button

Edited by OneMoSalah

1 minute ago, OneMoSalah said:

You did not just try and compare Lampard to Mourinho. Fuck off 🤣

At least Mourinho did some time as an assistant in and around some top coaches before going for it as a manager. And even then it didn’t take him long. As opposed to Frank who basically got the Derby job because Harry Redknapp phoned Mel Morris (or so his uncle, Harry Redknapp, heavily hinted at saying it publicly).

Yes Everton got beat by United but fuck me, games v Man Utd wont define their season. They never have. The fact still stands Dyche has nearly more points than Lampard managed there in 6 months in half the time.

I am guessing your going to be one of these Lampard in regardless. Great. Wheres the block button

I only asked how long it took Mou to become top manager (could have google it).
I did not compare.
Wait for Everton to survive, then tell me about Dyche.
Anyway even if Lamps is not up to it, it was n't his fault today.

4 hours ago, cosmicway said:

I only asked how long it took Mou to become top manager (could have google it).
I did not compare.
Wait for Everton to survive, then tell me about Dyche.
Anyway even if Lamps is not up to it, it was n't his fault today.

I think almost everyone agrees that this situation isn't Lampards fault (even if his tactics are costing the match)

It's the people who put him in place that are to blame.

Edited by Blue Armour

1 hour ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Chelsea owner Todd Boehly 'asked for James Corden's opinion' before appointing Frank Lampard | Daily Mail Online

James Corden the West Ham fan. 

Did he ask him about transfers as well ?

That's got to be a wind up...

James Corden?!?! Piss off. 

Oh reported first in the Sun...

Edited by Laylabelle

35 minutes ago, Laylabelle said:

That's got to be a wind up...

James Corden?!?! Piss off. 

Oh reported first in the Sun...

You'd like to think so but widely reported, and wouldnt put much beyond them. Signing players based on their astrological star signs ?

2 hours ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Chelsea owner Todd Boehly 'asked for James Corden's opinion' before appointing Frank Lampard | Daily Mail Online

James Corden the West Ham fan. 

Did he ask him about transfers as well ?

Wait for @OneMoSalah to see this 😂