Super Frank Thread

2 hours ago, Laylabelle said:

Ahahahah unfortunately...we can't score a goal!! Be nice to be Arsenal..dont think beating Man U make a difference cause they're comfy. Prob somehow beat City and help Arsenal somehow..

Manure lucked out with that draw v spuds and then the 1 nil win over Villa

IF villa had just drew  the game (which I really thooght would happen) then this was my logic to how Manire could have missed out on the CL:

Brighton has game in hand and they play Manure

IF Brighton beats manure

if we also beat Manure, and they would have needed just one more loss to end up on 70

if Brighton losses to Citeh and wins out (which certainly COULD happen, although it is still pretty hard) on the rest they would end up on 70 as well

and they have a far better GD than Manure (+11 higher with a game in hand)

but it will be so hard now for Brighton to catch them, after thsoe 4 points that Manure scraped out in the last 2 games

they likely will have to win ALL of their games now

which would put them on 73

then, IF you assume the same scenario for Manure as above (3 losses, us, Brigton, and a third team, or Brighton and two other teams if we, as is likely, get smashed v Manure)

they end up on 72 and miss out on CL,

provided NUFC wins 2 and at least draws one (which puts them on 72 as well, and their GD is even better than Brighton, they are untouchable for Manure, as NUFC are +24 over them)

the massive games for all that to even remotely be possible are Brighton v Manure and Brighton v Citeh

(plus several other games that cerainly would aid it, like all the other BHA games, and then Manure losing 2 other games, which is where my whole 'Chels can wreck Arse and wreck Manure' thing came from from weeks ago)

IF we beat Arse and lose to Citeh, Citeh can still easily take a loss v Brighton and still coast to the title over Arse (Citeh would end up on 91, and the most Arse coud have if that all happens is 84 points, and likely could end up on only 81)

10 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

He said that Roman's hire and fire policy costed him trophies as a player. He won 3 PL but he feels he would have 5 or 6 if we had long term manager. Probably thinks about Mourinho. 

the uttlery, horribly disastrous (on every level, in all 5 comps, plus we blew the shots at playing in (and VERY likely winning) the Super Cup and the FIFA World Club Cup the next season) 2007-2008)

It was the only season I consider we truly blew the EPL title (lost to Manure by 2 points) and then to make it worse, Moscow happened, GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

PLUS we lost to fucking SPUDS 2 1 in the League Cup final on that cunt Jonathan Woodgate's extra time goal off the deflection, after Wayne Bridge had the handball pen that let Spuds draw even in regular time

plus we lost the Community shield on pens, also to Manure, smdh, and not just lost on pens, we missed EVERY ONE we took, includng Lamps

4328b5668a4cc05b06af0a6af3912f1c.png

4 runners up finishes, 3 to manure then one to spuds, the two teams on the planet I hate the most

3 of the 4 on pens or in extra time!!

and we lost to fucking BARNSLEY in the FA Cup, ffs (the final that season was the two worst teams combined in a FA Cup final in my life, (Cardiff City lost one nil to Portsmouth!)

the most tragic season of all the Roman years BY FAR, in fact the most tragic Chels season ever, given that we so easily could have won EIGHT linear trophies (5 in 2007/08 then the CS in 2008, and the Super Cup (we would have beaten Zenit), and to close it out, the FWCC (we would have coasted to the win, the field was close to the weakest one ever, with a shit LDU Quito side from Ecuador making the final)

(it would have ended at 8 straight trophies as even though we won the FA Cup in 2008/09, we did not win the league, nor the League Cup in 2008/09), BUT we would have been the first club in football history to ever do 8 trophies in a row (Barca later came close, and so did Real, but they both cocked it up and they only would have had 7 linear trophies, as La Liga doesnt have a secondary cup)

that season was almsot almost Neverkusen level (it was damn close, and if we had blown the FA Cup final it would have been worse, actually)

I was far more gutted that season than I am for this one (especially the CL and the league, plus losing a final to SPUDS)

Edited by Vesper

Terrible post match interview, sounds like a pundit describing the team that’s easy to play against, no closing the space etc your job is to, at least, motivate and get the extra yard out, if nothing else in this whacky interim period.

Fast forward, please, the one positive is that Frank will/should never get another managers job. As I said, hasn’t improved markedly since Derby, just look at our set piece setup today.

10 hours ago, Vesper said:

the uttlery, horribly disastrous (on every level, in all 5 comps, plus we blew the shots at playing in (and VERY likely winning) the Super Cup and the FIFA World Club Cup the next season) 2007-2008)

It was the only season I consider we truly blew the EPL title (lost to Manure by 2 points) and then to make it worse, Moscow happened, GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

PLUS we lost to fucking SPUDS 2 1 in the League Cup final on that cunt Jonathan Woodgate's extra time goal off the deflection, after Wayne Bridge had the handball pen that let Spuds draw even in regular time

plus we lost the Community shield on pens, also to Manure, smdh, and not just lost on pens, we missed EVERY ONE we took, includng Lamps

4328b5668a4cc05b06af0a6af3912f1c.png

4 runners up finishes, 3 to manure then one to spuds, the two teams on the planet I hate the most

3 of the 4 on pens or in extra time!!

and we lost to fucking BARNSLEY in the FA Cup, ffs (the final that season was the two worst teams combined in a FA Cup final in my life, (Cardiff City lost one nil to Portsmouth!)

the most tragic season of all the Roman years BY FAR, in fact the most tragic Chels season ever, given that we so easily could have won EIGHT linear trophies (5 in 2007/08 then the CS in 2008, and the Super Cup (we would have beaten Zenit), and to close it out, the FWCC (we would have coasted to the win, the field was close to the weakest one ever, with a shit LDU Quito side from Ecuador making the final)

(it would have ended at 8 straight trophies as even though we won the FA Cup in 2008/09, we did not win the league, nor the League Cup in 2008/09), BUT we would have been the first club in football history to ever do 8 trophies in a row (Barca later came close, and so did Real, but they both cocked it up and they only would have had 7 linear trophies, as La Liga doesnt have a secondary cup)

that season was almsot almost Neverkusen level (it was damn close, and if we had blown the FA Cup final it would have been worse, actually)

I was far more gutted that season than I am for this one (especially the CL and the league, plus losing a final to SPUDS)

calm down a little bit

this type of things happen with almost every club

look at bayern at 2012

barça against liverpool (4-0)

milan against liverpool (3-3)

bayern against united (1999)

etc etc 

sometimes Chelsea have luck sometimes not

look at ucl 2012 campaign. it was a miracle 

Edited by Mário César

He was shite here, he was shite at Everton, what made some fucking cock womble think he was going to be fine by re-hiring the useless fucker again?

Honestly it beggars fucking belief what must go on in their brains and behind the scenes-fucking clowns

7 hours ago, Special Juan said:

He was shite here, he was shite at Everton, what made some fucking cock womble think he was going to be fine by re-hiring the useless fucker again?

Honestly it beggars fucking belief what must go on in their brains and behind the scenes-fucking clowns

yes is a unbelieveble decision

what scared me it was Todd thinking that Lampard was unfairly sacked

Jesus christ!!!

Forget his coaching skills his personality is also questionable. I just saw what his former player in Derby said about him. Doucoure also in Everton before. Had fight with Alonso here. He just randomly picks his victims while having his favorites. 

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/Chelsea-liverpool-frank-lampard-wisdom-29904600?int_source=amp_continue_reading&int_medium=amp&int_campaign=continue_reading_button#amp-readmore-target

2 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Forget his coaching skills his personality is also questionable. I just saw what his former player in Derby said about him. Doucoure also in Everton before. Had fight with Alonso here. He just randomly picks his victims while having his favorites. 

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/Chelsea-liverpool-frank-lampard-wisdom-29904600?int_source=amp_continue_reading&int_medium=amp&int_campaign=continue_reading_button#amp-readmore-target

Eh..his coaching skills maybe naught, but I don't think we need to overthink his 'personality'. At least not as Chelsea fans.

That same personality got us winning league titles and several cups along the way.

Let's leave it at that. There's no need to keep attacking one of our own.

1 hour ago, Blue Armour said:

Eh..his coaching skills maybe naught, but I don't think we need to overthink his 'personality'. At least not as Chelsea fans.

That same personality got us winning league titles and several cups along the way.

Let's leave it at that. There's no need to keep attacking one of our own.

It's a bit different though, you are managing players on a daily basis and the expectation is that you can coach them to victories. 

If management was based on winning mentality, Lampard would be known as one of the best coaches going around.   Unfortunately for Frank, he has zero tactical ability and that was shown throughout his spells at Derby & Everton and now at Chelsea as well.  (The setup under Potter/Bruno got us draws against Liverpool....yet for some reason, he decided not to build on that and get us out of trouble).  

If Frank wants to coach in the Premier League again, he should go and work under Jose as an assistant. 

Lampard will never make it as a manager guy is to thin skinned he can't take criticism. Personality wise he's very bland for 20 years as a player always getting mostly praise and people telling him how great he is to becoming a manager people telling him how shite he is and he can't take it and becomes  surly, makes excuses, blames others no coincidence Lamps is a card carrying Tory 🤣

Hate to see him sullied and vilified now - as we know he was immense as a player. He's brought it on himself -I mean if we fuck up today which is a distinct possibility, have some fucking self respect and resign. Its not like he needs the dosh

7 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

"I remember in pre-season some of the lads came back late or something and the next day we were all running for it. I understand the message, but it just felt very negative. Like I said, I've had one manager scream at me during my career and it was Lampard."

Jesus, what a pussy 🤣

28 minutes ago, manpe said:

"I remember in pre-season some of the lads came back late or something and the next day we were all running for it. I understand the message, but it just felt very negative. Like I said, I've had one manager scream at me during my career and it was Lampard."

Jesus, what a pussy 🤣

Was thinking the same

i was hoping for some serious insight but these quotes by this player i have never heard of are just hot air.  

6 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Was thinking the same

i was hoping for some serious insight but these quotes by this player i have never heard of are just hot air.  

Yep, sounds like some spoilt tiktok kid. If this is the norm with which coaches have to deal with nowadays, then I feel sorry for them.

4 hours ago, manpe said:

Jesus, what a pussy 🤣

Don't want to sound like stereotype Gen Z, but I totally agree with the player. Someone is unprofessional? Not my business, talk to them or fine them as per club regulations. I'm a top footballer, provide me adequate, top level training or fuck off, I'm not running laps for sake of it because someone mistaken the way to vent their issues on PE lesson where they belong and got to Cobham somehow. We are not in kindergarten.

Time is money on this level, if other teams are moving the edge of world-class sports development and we are running laps, no wonder we are shit.

Edited by Vegetable

31 minutes ago, Vegetable said:

Someone is unprofessional? Not my business, talk to them or fine them as per club regulations.

This is normal, during my time in the British army, we were a team a unit a family, if one of us fucked up we all payed for it, 20 laps on your own won't teach you nothing, but getting your team mates 20 laps and punished, you can bet your ass words were said and people were put in Their place. This whole it's nothing to do with me bullshit is partly the reason people are quite happy to stand and watch people get mugged robbed, 'not my problem"