Super Frank Thread

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9595921/LAMPARD-MEETS-REDKNAPP-Frank-speaks-loving-Abramovichs-approach-sacking-more.html

JAMIE REDKNAPP INTERVIEWS FRANK LAMPARD: Chelsea's ex-manager speaks out on 'loving' Roman Abramovich's approach to sacking him, backing Mason Mount, his next job... and what he thinks of Thomas Tuchel's team

• 2 weeks later...

Just wondering - Terry, Drogba, Fabregas have congratulated our team for becoming CL winners. Lampard hasn‘t posted or said anything at all?

Is he jealous because Tuchel came in and showed him how a proper manager works? Lampard was the one saying that this team isn‘t ready for trophies, therefore he must be pretty embarrassed. We were 9th under him and couldn’t even beat a Sunday League side. Furthermore, everyone of us was prepared to get destroyed by Atleti at that time. As far as German media is concerned, they have been telling for a long time that he is a very bad coach and I actually agree. I think he is no manager at all but that’s my personal opinion. Still, I find it puzzling that we haven‘t heard anything from somebody that should be over the moon after that final? Is his ego hurt or why is he being so quiet?

14 minutes ago, KingHavertz said:

Just wondering - Terry, Drogba, Fabregas have congratulated our team for becoming CL winners. Lampard hasn‘t posted or said anything at all?

Is he jealous because Tuchel came in and showed him how a proper manager works? Lampard was the one saying that this team isn‘t ready for trophies, therefore he must be pretty embarrassed. We were 9th under him and couldn’t even beat a Sunday League side. Furthermore, everyone of us was prepared to get destroyed by Atleti at that time. As far as German media is concerned, they have been telling for a long time that he is a very bad coach and I actually agree. I think he is no manager at all but that’s my personal opinion. Still, I find it puzzling that we haven‘t heard anything from somebody that should be over the moon after that final? Is his ego hurt or why is he being so quiet?

So you create an account here and use your 3rd post to needlessly take a dig at one of the club’s greatest legends. In the same post you admit that you have relied on the resources of the very insightful German media to form an opinion on a coach that you had 1,5 years to see with your own eyes. Interesting choice. Let me tell you we had a member on here before who also used to pitch Tuchel vs Lampard in every of one his posts. It did not end well for that member. 

Edited by Magic Lamps

1 minute ago, KingHavertz said:

Is it forbidden to criticize Lampard for all his faults he undoubtedly has? Still, didn‘t answer the question. Why is he not congratulating the team?

If you want to know that, you need to make the question to Lampard.

11 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

So you create an account here and use your 3rd post to needlessly take a dig at one of the club’s greatest legends. In the same post you admit that you have relied on the resources of the very insightful German media to form an opinion on a coach that you had 1,5 years to see with your own eyes. Interesting choice. Let me tell you we had a member on here before who also used to pitch Tuchel vs Lampard in every of one his posts. It did not end well for that member. 

To be honest I saw some footage with Frank drinking a beer with a friend at a table when we won, he didn't look that happy but maybe it was after he settled in the moment of joy.

3 minutes ago, KingHavertz said:

Is it forbidden to criticize Lampard for all his faults he undoubtedly has? Still, didn‘t answer the question. Why is he not congratulating the team?

You did not criticize his faults you mocked him for being jealous and embarrassed. 

He has congratulated every member of the team and Tuchel privately. 

He has not done so publicly bc of ppl like you I could imagine. Or maybe he does not want Tuchel fans who pretend to be Chelsea fans stain this moment for true Chelsea fans by making it about his shortcomings.

Tuchel is so good as a coach he does not need others to make his predecessor look bad for himself to shine. So just cut it. 
Lampard has played his part in leading us to CL and through the group stages so this is not the time to mock him. The club surely won’t. I bet he will even be offered another CL medal. 

3 minutes ago, R2D2 said:

To be honest I saw some footage with Frank drinking a beer with a friend at a table when we won, he didn't look that happy but maybe it was after he settled in the moment of joy.

It was the next day. I was so hungover the next day, you could have easily taken a 10 seconds snippet where I did not look joyful. Obviously means nothing . 

Edited by Magic Lamps

2 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

You did not criticize his faults you mocked him for being jealous and embarrassed. 

He has congratulated every member of the team and Tuchel privately. 

He has not done so publicly bc of ppl like you I could imagine. Or maybe he does not want Tuchel fans who pretend to be Chelsea fans stain this moment for true Chelsea fans by making it about his shortcomings.

Tuchel is so good as a coach he does not need others to make his predecessor look bad for himself to shine. So just cut it. 
Lampard has played his part in leading us to CL and through the group stages so this is not the time to mock him. The club surely won’t. I bet he will even be offered another CL medal. 

Do we also appreciate AVB for Di Matteo‘s title? Exactly the same logic. Lampard would have us relegated today. Sorry there is nothing to be thankful for. Just being a club legend isn‘t enough to be a club manager.

2 minutes ago, KingHavertz said:

Do we also appreciate AVB for Di Matteo‘s title? Exactly the same logic. Lampard would have us relegated today. Sorry there is nothing to be thankful for. Just being a club legend isn‘t enough to be a club manager.

Ofc Lampard deserves credit. For getting su top4. For getting us 1st spot in the CL group and also for making RJ, Mount the palyers they are and helping to assemble a squad that won the CL. Just as Lampard deserves critique not derision for his tactical inaptitude, he deserves credit for his achievements that helped us along the way to CL glory. A good act does not wash out the bad, nor a bad act the good. Each should have its own reward.

Are you really this stupid? AVB did not get us into top 4 the season before. So part of that credit goes to Carlo for getting us into top 4 the season before and part goes to AVB for getting us through the group stages ofc,albeit to a lesser extent bc he also botched that first leg at Napoli.

I don’t want to beat a man when he’s down as his successor has just pulled off an amazing feat but I get the feeling some of the praise by corners of the media, folk on here and even by Tuchel himself re Frank earlier on in the season in the run up to the CL final is vastly exaggerated. In fact I would say its more out of pity than merit if I were to be blunt and I am sure that Frank would of preferred to be given merit on what hes actually achieved as opposed to riding on the coattails of another manager who did the hard part.

People will say okay he got us out the groups unbeaten - yes he did - but a group containing Sevilla, Rennes and Kransador... come on you’d think it was the group of death. I am glad someone mentioned Villas-Boas, as he got us out a group containing Valencia, Genk and Bayer Leverkusen but deservedly so, he never got any/much credit for the CL win in 2012 as his sacking was really a catalyst to change and the situation here couldn’t be more so similar for me.

Frank deserves credit for using the youngsters 100% as its not as simple to say he had to use them because he clearly didn’t just use them because he had to. He did because he believed in them and for that, he deserved huge credit which he got last season. At the same time though, they’ve gone to another level as well as most of the team with Thomas Tuchel in a shorter space of time than what they did with Frank and that is unfortunate and perhaps a bit unfair but thats life. He will always be credited with giving those boys their debuts and signing the likes of Timo, Havertz, Ziyech, Mendy, Chilwell etc but again, getting the team out of the group stage whilst it helped lets not go over the top either and start saying we should send him a CL winners medal or give him a bonus. We got found out hideously against Bayern last season in the CL and high chances are, unfortunately, it would of likely been much the same with him v Atletico, Porto, Real Madrid and Man City in all likelihood as he was always pessimistic/negative towards what this group could achieve now.

His spell here actually mirrors Villas-Boas’ spell much much more than I think many will admit to (probably just because of who he is and maybe the whole AVB-Frank situation that reportedly happened at the time also). Frank seemed to tick the boxes on long term planning with promoting and playing the kids, with wanting to close the gap gradually and get to being title winners eventually as opposed to going you know what we can do something this season that nobody would expect. He had his limitations (and so does every manager, even the Peps, Klopps, Tuchels etc) so maybe closing the gap and building the club up slowly/gradually whilst learning was all he could of done. Maybe its unfair to have expected more or what people expected/will expect of the Jose’s, the Conte’s, the Sarri’s, the Tuchel’s etc but they’ve done the hard work or yards to get to where they are and that was always going to be Franks downfall as soon as things started going, well, wrong, he doesn’t have the CV to buy him time or there were no obvious signs things were progressing in the right way.

Still interested to see which job he takes next because managers tend to do not too bad when they get sacked here in terms of 1) getting a respected/decent job afterwards and 2) doing well in that job. 

Edited by OneMoSalah

5 minutes ago, KingHavertz said:

The team was clearly fed up with Lampard. He deserves no credit at all. He reached the bare minimum by pulling us out of the group stage. He was on the verge of fucking this club up for years by losing to every single shit side in the league. Lamprd will never make it. After his demise and Tuchel‘s Performance, he should rather just stop coaching and be a pundit or return to Man City and put up the cones. Redcafe, fighting cock, Arsenal Mania all were sad and shocked when we sacked Lampard because they knew now we would get a real coach and not a fraud. Look how it turned out. I LOVE OUR BOARD. No player is bigger than the club.

Also focus on how Tuchel coaches the team from the dugout. Telling players which runs they need to make, arguing with their decisions etc. 
Lampard would just sit in the dugout like a little child folding his arms. Fair enough, what you gonna expect from him when he is simply clueless.  

Alright, that's enough Zayn...

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, OneMoSalah said:

People will say okay he got us out the groups unbeaten - yes he did - but a group containing Sevilla, Rennes and Kransador... come on you’d think it was the group of death. I am glad someone mentioned Villas-Boas, as he got us out a group containing Valencia, Genk and Bayer Leverkusen but deservedly so, he never got any/much credit for the CL win in 2012 as his sacking was really a catalyst to change and the situation here couldn’t be more so similar for me.

I mean, I don't really care too much if Lampard gets the credit or not but I did see some people say elsewhere that if AVB wasn't credited for getting us through the group stage back in 2011/12, then Lampard shouldn't get the credit as well. 

1 hour ago, OneMoSalah said:

Still interested to see which job he takes next because managers tend to do not too bad when they get sacked here in terms of 1) getting a respected/decent job afterwards and 2) doing well in that job. 

The managers who have been sacked under Roman can be divided into two groups - one that got a top job elsewhere because of their reputation built elsewhere or over the years and one that didn't get a top job elsewhere because they aren't that good.

In the former group, you have Mourinho, Ancelotti, Conte and even Sarri. In the latter group, you have Scolari, Grant, Di Matteo and AVB. Don't need for me to detail the former group but for the latter one, here's the list of jobs that each of them got after they got sacked by Roman:

Scolari
Bunyodkor (1 year)
Palmeiras (2 years)
Brazil (2 years)
Gremio (1 year)
Guangzhou Evergrande (2 years)
Palmeiras (1 year)
Cruzeiro (1 year)

Grant
Portsmouth (1 year)
West Ham (1 year)
Partizan Belgrade (4 months)
Ghana (3 years)

AVB
Spurs (18 months)
Zenit (2 years)
Shanghai SIPG (1 year)
Marseille (2 years)

Di Matteo
Schalke (1 year)
Aston Villa (4 months)

If Lampard can learn from his mistakes and improve as a coach/manager, then he would likely get another top job some day (maybe he'll get another crack at the job here again). If not, he'll forever be moving around the lesser clubs and his nationality as well as probably his reputation as a player will always get him a job somewhere in this country (bit like Steve Bruce).