The Mourinho Thread

I hate how he's chummy with Fergie.

I admire the fact that he has enormous respect for the guy, but it really does look like he's posturing for the United job. None of his usual antics or anything. It's like he's trying to show his more civilized and well behaved side in order to show United ownership and fan base that he'd be a safe appointment.

Hope I'm wrong!

its easy for him to be seen as pandering to united after a win like that because he doesnt need to say anything out of yhe ordinary. Would he have been the same had madrid went out? i dont think so

Don't see any issue personally, he was simply telling the truth. Utd were the side looking like they were going through and were playing better as a team than Real Madrid were. He's always had a healthy respect for SAF anyway and from all we can see the feeling is reciprocated. I don't think either of them needed to 'stir the beast' before the tie and the nature of the game yesterday didn't call for them to get excited with one another. I thought Utd rolled over and just retreated without being organised for 15minutes after the sending off, it was that, that cost them the game, not just the sending off. They just went narrow and left the flanks exposed and that's where the winner came from. The equaliser was a great strike and well placed, but the space and time he got was poor from a Utd perspective.

Gracious in victory, that's all I could see. He's still got a 'spikey' side, as anyone would have picked up when he gave Arsenal and his old foe Wenger the thumbs down, saying, amongst others, that Munich will be a tough side to beat if Madrid are drawn against them as he can't see Arsenal reversing the tie now.

How badly does Mourinho want the Utd job? His comments last night were cringeworthy. He is absolutely gagging for that job.

My first impression too. Looks like he's taking a leaf out of Rafa's book and making sure he doesn't say any thing that will bite him in the arse later on.. Will make me sick if he does take the job, but then again, it's our fault for letting him leave in the first place..

How badly does Mourinho want the Utd job? His comments last night were cringeworthy. He is absolutely gagging for that job.

His comments were classic Mourinho. He won't have wanted to win that way and he'll make sure his players know they have to do better in the next round.

I disagree imo he said what he said to get a reaction from his players, and Jose showing Fergie respect is nothing new, just classic Mourinho mind games on his players.

If you want to get a reaction from your players then you tell them in the dressing room that they weren't good enough and need to improve.

Telling the whole world that the better team lost, that Man Utd deserved to go through etc is just bizarre. I don't know about you guys but if I was a player I'd have been a bit pissed off with that.

It just comes off as a desperate attempt at being nice to a club he is eager to manage. Poor form from Jose really.

oh come on he said better team lost so what,if u can say thats ass kissing for fergie i can say thats a mind game for motivating his players. real wasnt playing very good in those two legs he knew it could the be last season for him at RM and ,how he badly needs to win CL with them.

same people would have called him egoistic if he said RM deserves to go through.

ps:if RM was leading la liga with 16 points he would have dance there at the touch line.he just know how to deal with media and when to show his arrogance and when not to. :worship2:

If you want to get a reaction from your players then you tell them in the dressing room that they weren't good enough and need to improve.

Telling the whole world that the better team lost, that Man Utd deserved to go through etc is just bizarre. I don't know about you guys but if I was a player I'd have been a bit pissed off with that.

It just comes off as a desperate attempt at being nice to a club he is eager to manage. Poor form from Jose really.

The players should be motivated by Jose's comments. They'll go into the next UCL match wanting to show an improved performance over 2 legs.

Also, I just don't see Jose managing United anytime soon....

You obviously don't know Mourinho's style then. Mourinho uses the press to influence his players a lot, even in his CFC days. You should know this. I know you dislike Mourinho but stop looking for every opportunity to put him down.

You obviously don't know Mourinho's style then. Mourinho uses the press to influence his players a lot, even in his CFC days. You should know this. I know you dislike Mourinho but stop looking for every opportunity to put him down.

I know Mourinho's style well enough to know that he is the biggest self-publicist in sport. This had nothing to do with his team and all to do with the fact that he quite fancies the Utd job.

I don't dislike Mourinho at all by the way.

Completely agree, every Chelsea knows or should know that Jose was THE master at taking the papers and/or most other media outlets attention away from the players. How much has been reported about Madrids sub par performance in a game that United were bossing, how about Ramos's own goal to which his individual error cost them a goal in the first leg.

Answer? None or hardly anything it's a about what Jose has to say or what he's said.