The Mourinho Thread

I am not so sure about Mourinho being the best option tho (i prefer Klopp for us anyways), in mind-games hes the best, man-management skills are also among the best, but tactically? I have my doubts about that one, since hes not very flexible in his way of playing (looking at all the teams he coached) and for real madrid it's not perfect... just look at kaka's situation, even ozil has it tough.

Also yesterday they were owned by Ferguson tactically fe.

+

You can pretty much say mazacar bye bye then if he joins... it's just not his style to use that many players of such type, which would be a shame for the football-style Chelsea set their eyes on.

I am not so sure about Mourinho being the best option tho (i prefer Klopp for us anyways), in mind-games hes the best, man-management skills are also among the best, but tactically? I have my doubts about that one, since hes not very flexible in his way of playing (looking at all the teams he coached) and for real madrid it's not perfect... just look at kaka's situation, even ozil has it tough.

+

You can pretty much say mazacar bye bye then if he joins... it's just not his style to use that many players of such type, which would be a shame for the football-style Chelsea set their eyes on.

Klopp plays fairly similar football, and isn't available.

In fact Mourinho's style would fit our players pretty well wouldn't it?

+

Are you talking about his tactics here or his playing style? If you're talking about the latter, then it just doesn't go with the former because they are two different things.

Just to answer it anyway, not sure how can you doubt Mourinho's tactical ability. He might not be the best at it but he's definitely one of the best around. Since his days at Porto, his teams are always capable of playing in more than one different formation and capable of adapting accordingly. 4-3-3, 4-2-3-1, 4-4-2 diamond etc. Additionally, he has often been quick to enough to make changes when things are not working and is even prepared to take huge risks in games that not many other managers would be willing too. He also always set out his team to be defensively solid(maybe not with Madrid this season) and aggressive as a unit and be extremely potent when attacking. His time here and at Inter demonstrated that his teams are defensively stingy while his Madrid side are extremely menacing and devastating in attack. He has always been very methodical and pay close attention to those small little details that made his teams tick. The transition in attacks/counter attacks, defensive organization, closing down, pressing etc. He didn't achieve what he has achieved so far without being tactically capable and while he maybe a great man-manager and motivator, that alone won't be enough to make one successful. You need to have a balance of both and Mourinho possesses exactly that.

And yes, I don't disagree that Fergie out-thought him yesterday but once that red card incident happened, he immediately responded by bringing on Modric to turn the tide in his favor. He seized the opportunity and didn't wait for it(unlike a certain Spanish manager) and what happened? United were suddenly pushed back and Modric scored after 6-7 minutes of coming on. Also, just because he was out-thought by Fergie yesterday, doesn't mean he's not tactically capable. No shame in getting out-thought by someone as experience as Fergie because it happens but the overall H2H record between two speaks for itself. In 16 encounters, Mourinho has won 7 of those while losing just 2. Drew the other 7.

Well they do come hand in hand but i shouldve said play-style there (the part you made bold, as i ment it like that) indeed (in dutch i can explain this stuff better ;))

And i dont mean to say he's mediocre tactically, i still see him in the top 10/20 in that department also.

He also always set out his team to be defensively solid(maybe not with Madrid this season) and aggressive as a unit and be extremely potent when attacking.

Here is where i see it differently , they are only extremely potent while countering, where Dortmund or Bayern fe are also (very) dangerous while not. And thats also the difference between Chelsea's style under Mourinho and the style under DiMateo (this year). We dont have the players anymore to play like that (as successfully as we have been anyways), nor is it the aim to play like that (why else would we change our style like that?). I give you on a paper he will drop at least one, perhaps 2 of the 3 AM's we have playing now to replace him with essien orso and play with 2 holding midfielders.

In my opinion he plays to much on assurance instead of really overpowering sides (with pressing/playing high on the field), and i am just not a fan of playing like that, even though it might be the best way... (and no RM aren't the best in pressing, he just recently changed to such a tactic against Barcelona after the Milan game against Barcelona, and if RM were really good in it they wouldve destroyed Barcelona (thinking 5-0) with their current form).

He immediately responded by bringing on Modric to turn the tide in his favor. He seized the opportunity and didn't wait for it(unlike a certain Spanish manager) and what happened? United were suddenly pushed back and Modric scored after 6-7 minutes of coming on.

Well yeh but i give more credit to Modric than to Mourinho, because i think kaka wouldve been better in that situation. (Because their midfield would work again anyways with the man more situation)

Basicly i'm more pro Ajax/Netherlands/4-3-3 (as they invented it, not the way some like to play it now..) ;) and for me personally its unacceptable to play with alonso/ khedira/ozil @ madrid (with their history, the galactico's you know) while you could play alonso/modric-kaka/ozil or khedira/modric-kaka/ozil. Same reason why he would get essien (nothing against him, huge fan even) to madrid instead of playing modric/kaka.

In my opinion he plays to much on assurance instead of really overpowering sides (with pressing/playing high on the field), and i am just not a fan of playing like that, even though it might be the best way... (and no RM aren't the best in pressing, he just recently changed to such a tactic against Barcelona after the Milan game against Barcelona, and if RM were really good in it they wouldve destroyed Barcelona (thinking 5-0) with their current form).

That 5-0 scoreline was a freak result. Unlikely to happen again for ages. And the Madrid side this season isn't in the best of form like last season but that doesn't take away what Mourinho has built in the side.

He immediately responded by bringing on Modric to turn the tide in his favor. He seized the opportunity and didn't wait for it(unlike a certain Spanish manager) and what happened? United were suddenly pushed back and Modric scored after 6-7 minutes of coming on.

Well yeh but i give more credit to Modric than to Mourinho, because i think kaka wouldve been better in that situation. (Because their midfield would work again anyways with the man more situation)

Kaka was already brought on in the 1st half for the injured Di Maria. He didn't really had much of an impact and when the sending off happened, Madrid needed another passer like Modric anyway in that midfield. Capable of playing short, run with the ball etc. It worked.

Basicly i'm more pro Ajax/Netherlands/4-3-3 (as they invented it, not the way some like to play it now..) ;) and for me personally its unacceptable to play with alonso/ khedira/ozil @ madrid (with their history) while you could play alonso/modric-kaka/ozil or khedira/modric-kaka/ozil

Biased! :P

Kaka was already brought on in the 1st half for the injured Di Maria. He didn't really had much of an impact and when the sending off happened, Madrid needed another passer like Modric anyway in that midfield. Capable of playing short, run with the ball etc. It worked.

*doh* but was trying to make the point the midfield wouldve worked anyways! (since alonso was free again)

The amount of false positive stories we get, (Lampard signing, falcao definitely coming, millions of other players who are agreeing terms, rafa will be fired etc) That never happen, we better get some false negative stories as well... I might have to start cheering Madrid to keep losing and hopefully get knocked out of the champions league to make sure he goes. Unless its jose who wants to leave in which case winning the champions league could lead him to leave... :halo:

The amount of false positive stories we get, (Lampard signing, falcao definitely coming, millions of other players who are agreeing terms, rafa will be fired etc) That never happen, we better get some false negative stories as well... I might have to start cheering Madrid to keep losing and hopefully get knocked out of the champions league to make sure he goes. Unless its jose who wants to leave in which case winning the champions league could lead him to leave... :halo:

WHAT TO DO?! I'm confused... :ph34r: