The Mourinho Thread

You have an agenda regarding Mourinho and that's fair enough, but really?

First you say he's not a good tactician and now you're saying he needs to improve his man-management skills??

Do you want me to start a thread about Michael Jackson so you can criticise his dancing (when he was alive obviously)?

I have no agenda against Mourinho, just calling it how I see it. I would be the first to welcome him back because we could do a lot worse.

The moonwalk was overrated by the way :Goober:

Well for Inter it would be a toss up between José and Helenio Herrera...

Yeah that's who I was thinking of; his face was in my head, just not his name!

Edit: Has anyone else read/heard that quote of Mou Mou's recently (I think) saying he wants Inter to be in the final of the Europa League so he can go watch them with Inter's president? I actually think this shows he's aware Inter are now competing as a smaller club and are thus likely to take the EL seriously while it's just a side-thought for Chelsea. So basically, again, I think we're the more viable option (I've seen some people reporting that he could return to Inter. Heh.)

Exactly guys. The main point here is that everything José says or does has a purpose. EVERYTHING. This brings me to those who believe he's too 'friendly' with Ferguson and pandering for the united job...

Seriously, do you guys believe that the only reason for him showing so much 'respect' towards Fergie, over numerous years I might add, is for the United job? I don't think you guys know him too well. Ok, perhaps he may want the job, perhaps not, you never know with José. However, I do think many are missing the main reason why he acts so friendly with Fergie.

The question is, what does Fergie love more than anything? For his ego to be fed of course. "Oh Sir Alex is great, the best around, the best there ever will be" etc. etc. He loves it. Can't get enough of it. José dishes it out every time and Fergie absolutely laps it up.

The most reasonable United fan I've ever come across told that it's sickening to watch the two of them together. That's because José has managed to completely nullify Fergie's influence outside his tactics; no mind games with each other, no media crap, nothing. Fact is, José has Fergie like putty in the palm of his hand every time they meet. What other manager can say the same? None.

By treating Fergie like this, José saves himself so much energy by not being dragged into a psychological battle with Fergie; trying to get into each others heads, pressurising players/officials etc., all of it is gone. Most importantly, none of his players become distracted. They are solely focused on the game, tactics and that's it. No matter what team he manages, José will always have the upper hand against United because he limits Fergie's influence. The utter genius of this man cannot be underestimated.

This means he can also get away with subtle comments like "the whole world will be watching"; it's like a slight of hand. He is an absolute master at winning and treating Fergie this way is just another tool to help him and his players achieve victory.

It can be argued that both José and Fergie are the best managers at mind games, but I see only one true champion.

I agree, but here is the thing...

You are making Mourinho bigger than he is and are taking credit away from Red Nose. What goes around comes around, Mourinho also doesnt do many mind games against Utd because of Ferguson. Alex knows this is also good for his team, it is not like Mourinho is in absolutely total control and has Ferguson in his back pocket. They both benefit from it.

SAF is not that clueless, although a total cunt!

(out of likes)

After yesterday...

1. Jose Mourinho has faced Alex Ferguson 6 times in the Champions League & the record reads - W2 D3 L1. Overall record vs SAF is P16 W7 D7 L2.

2. Jose Mourinho's record against Manchester United at Old Trafford(with Porto, Chelsea, Inter & Real Madrid) - P7 W3 D2 L2.

Whether it fuels his ego or not is entirely irrelevant. By taking the flak of the media himself, it leaves less room for scrutiny of the players. The Terry affair and racism storm, and man-management of Torres, for instance, would both have been managed better by Mourinho. He'd had made the focus of the media shitstorm focus around himself rather than his players. It is a simple but brilliant ploy, and it makes him the best man-manager and motivator in the game. You'd want to play for a guy who does that.

Theres were apart from yesterday Fergie does well.After bad results he does tend to say something completly out of context,off the wall and something that makes you go omg.But stright away attention is on his comments and off their performance

I agree, but here is the thing...

You are making Mourinho bigger than he is and are taking credit away from Red Nose. What goes around comes around, Mourinho also doesnt do many mind games against Utd because of Ferguson.

SAF is not that clueless, although a total cunt!

(out of likes)

I do realise that Fergie isn't stupid. He knows well what Mourinho is up to.

But as I said, he simply loves the adulation. It's his weakness. It's like putting a steak in front of a dog; he can't help himself.

Instead, he seemed to focus on Ronaldo's return (and seems to have got his (ex-)players to put the pressure on him), which would've suited Mourinho down to the ground, since Madrid have more ways to score than just Ronaldo (especially when you consider he had a bad game and still managed to score).

I do realise that Fergie isn't stupid. He knows well what Mourinho is up to.

But as I said, he simply loves the adulation. It's his weakness. It's like putting a steak in front of a dog; he can't help himself.

Instead, he seemed to focus on Ronaldo's return (and seems to have got his player to put the pressure on him), which would've suited Mourinho down to the ground, since Madrid have more ways to score than just Ronaldo (especially when you consider he had a bad game and still managed to score).

Yeah, definetly agree!

Mourinho is by far the best coach in every aspect (tactics, man management and mind games)....

I'm so annoyed with people's attitudes and sympathy for United today, really makes me furious. Some news reports you read suggest Real Madrid were never in the match, or even in the country last night and that United going through was a sure thing.

The fact is, the decision changed the game but it was more of Mourinho's tactical changes that really made the difference. Whether Nani was on the pitch or not, Modric displayed a class act in retaining possession and unleashing his shot. I read that 'shot that went off the post', totally discredited the magnitude of Modric's shot.

And you know what. The same people who complained De Jong should've been sent off by Howard Webb are the same who say Nani's conduct was innocent. Double standards.. Everywhere.

If you want to get a reaction from your players then you tell them in the dressing room that they weren't good enough and need to improve.

Telling the whole world that the better team lost, that Man Utd deserved to go through etc is just bizarre. I don't know about you guys but if I was a player I'd have been a bit pissed off with that.

It just comes off as a desperate attempt at being nice to a club he is eager to manage. Poor form from Jose really.

I would generally be pissed off if I was a Madrid supporter. Mourinho's comments along with Ronaldo's lack of effort was just appalling. Ronaldo could've easily had 2-3 more but continued to pass the ball to De Gea as opposed to having a proper shot.