The Mourinho Thread

No. The point of his post is that a well defined and implemented identity is what gives a club stability and not necessarily the ability to retain the same manager for many years. A good example of how the board have contributed greatly to our lack of identity is how they invested tons into the academy and youth players with the promise of one day producing first team players out of the crop and changing the style of play for more attacking and expansive one and that was reflected in the type of players we were buying but then what did they did the most confusing thing ever by employing a manager who is the very opposite of what the club is aiming to achieve to oversee the project.

That's just poor planning and implementation of policy.they are all over the place with what it is they really aim to achieve.

You will never see well run clubs with an identity like Bayern and barca buy players and hire managers who go against the clubs policy/identity. The decisions from which manager to hire to which players to buy etc are done with great levelnof purpose at these clubs.

I think its been quite clear the only real thing Chelsea is trying to achieve is results in terms of trophies, and expanding the fan-base. Which I think is fair for a club still trying to establish its stamp the way clubs like Barca and Bayern already have. Integrating youth and having a better style of play are secondary objectives. Some of the long-time supporters of the club may not think along these lines, but this is what football is these days. A business.

You could argue that another manager could have come in 2013 and integrated the entire youth pool we had available then including DeBruyne and Lukaku, but it would have taken him a very long time to achieve immediate results. You may disagree, but it would have been a long time before we saw Chelsea's fifth league title if we had gone down that route.

Me thinking we might be better of a change is not just because of our current position in the league, it is an accumulation of things. It is like what people have criticised him before, he rests too much on his laurels. We won the league with relative ease last season but you could see towards the end we were faltering. As we have seen with other teams who win titles, the best policy is to keep improving. We failed to do that and kept the same squad and only added additions that were to be back ups. We only reacted and got a player for the starting 11 when we played poor. We should have made some marquee signings from the beginning of the transfer window.

Then resting on his laurels again is the fact that he still does these outdated tactics with the idea of having a right footed player at LB and a CB at RB. Actually it is not even outdated, it is unheard of to do for seasons and that is what he seems to have plan on doing. Did he really think this is the way to go forward when teams clock on that we fail to get natural width out of the FB. This is a big problem. Then when where else do we start. United clearly made a mistake in getting him and obviously was never going to turn it into a permanent deal. Yet, us the champions had to take him on. God knows why! That is not based on merit but based on past achievements which is ridiculous. Probably explains why Ivanovic is in the starting 11 every week. Mourinho sees what he has done for him in the past and cannot drop him.

Then just look at the tactics we have done during the season. Bringing on Falcao to change the game based on what? His chemsitry with Costa from Atletico days? Hello, this was about 4 years ago when Falcao was the best striker around. Remy has not covered himself in glory this season but the way he was cast aside with Mourinho favoruing Falcao was not based on merit but reputation and past achievements and that is not acceptable. I would rather a manager who looks as the playing abilities and does not have favourites which Mourinho clearly does.

Then the signings. Luis, signed him to leave him on the bench then sell him. WTF? Baba was signed for £21m which seemed a lot but understandable if he would play. Mourinho does not even play him. We played Palace this season. Losing the game and he takes of Azpi and with Baba on the bench, he brings on Kenedy to play there. He done well but what does this say to Baba. If he was fit enough to be on the bench why would he not put him on? He just seems to make rash decisions like taking off Matic for RLC in that game. RLC done well but it is like he wants to scapegoat Matic. That was proven by him firstly being dropped for Porto then being on the bench against Southampton, coming on then coming off again. How comes Fabregas has not has this treatment? He needs to stop his ego-tastic ways and be fair. Matic has been bad but what about Fabregas, Ivanovic? He makes the same changes every game when we are losing and it does not work. Hello, try something else.

It is ridiculous that Ivanovic gets torn aparrt every game yet starts him. We don't even have an identity right now. Defence to attack. I just struggle to see where we are going to improve because right now the team is in total disarray and Mourinho takes huge blame.

People moan about Mourinho being a negative manager and yet want Simeone? :carlo:

You really find Atletico tactic with 120m€ budget negative ? I don't. He builds pressing machine and is able to give identity to the side. And integrates youth. 3 things that I point in my signature. The most important thing is that even his defending is active with all that pressing in the side.

You really find Atletico tactic with 120m€ budget negative ? I don't. He builds pressing machine and is able to give identity to the side. And integrates youth. 3 things that I point in my signature. The most important thing is that even his defending is active with all that pressing in the side.

Diego Someone is more like Mourinho than any other manager. The aggressiveness, the style and almost every other thing. What he's doing now, Mourinho has done it before even on a smaller budget.

People moan about Mourinho being a negative manager and yet want Simeone? :carlo:

Simeone has only parked the bus in few occasions. He took us to the cleaners twice (super cup and UCL at the bridge), battered barcelona in the UCL. generally he plays significantly better brand of football and he's tactically light years ahead of the current version of jose. He also doesn't need a gigantic budget in order to be competitive.

Put it this way - if you want to see us play the free-flowing, attacking football, then Simeone is not the manager to implement that style of play. His management style is very similar to Mourinho's - they are both aggressive, they can be proactive in matches and also reactive when they want to (sometimes shutting down the game, sitting back and keeping it tight etc). Let's not forget that when Mourinho's sides are at their best, they press too, can defend from the front, defend properly as a unit, hit teams on the counter by transitioning from back to front in a quick manner etc. We showed many of those qualities last season (and in previous years under Mourinho), especially from August till December, and there's an identity to that. It's just a matter of whether that can be sustained and/or it appeals to the fans.