The Mourinho Thread

5 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

I am shocked. I think The Chosen One is running on managing fumes.

I suppose his selling point is his track record and isnt fazed by any level or ego be it players, refs, opposition - but bit of a fucking liability these days

10 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

@robsblubotHow would you feel Mourinho managing Brazil? Feel like it would be a good match with the personalities Brazil have. 

Rumor has it Brazil has an agreement with Ancelotti, and Diniz is a just filling in until Carlo leaves Madrid. Going from Carlo to Mourinho would be a pretty 180 in terms of philosophy, even more so from Diniz, who's an Pep/Arteta wannabe.

Personally I think Jose could make a brazil a bit more competitive; make them better at facing strong opposition, but it's hard to say... he seems a bit past it.

Getting a good manager for a National team seems to be very difficult. The offering just isn't competitive compared to what top managers can get from clubs.

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

As Boehly & co have the football competence of a 10 yo in his first season of fifa career mode, it is very much plausible they are tempted to hire him now 

Well, if I had to choose between Potter, Poch and Mou… 😶

Pointless talk anyway, as Mou is the opposite of the yes-man. We'd be as horrible as now, but he'd tear into the players, club and the bs vision from the get go.

Edited by Vegetable

1 hour ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Returning to Porto are the bookies favourites as his next club

Good move for him. His ego needs a place where he is revered and it is not as much of a downgrade as ferencvaros or some headchoppers toy 

3 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Good move for him. His ego needs a place where he is revered and it is not as much of a downgrade as ferencvaros or some headchoppers toy 

The Conquering Hero returns. 

Like one of Elvis last concerts, bloated, over inflated ego (but without the bacon, peanut butter banana sandwiches interspersed with narcotics.) Probably

• 1 month later...

Netflix confirm Jose Mourinho documentary to air next year

https://theathletic.com/5342376/2024/03/14/jose-mourinho-documentary-netflix/

GettyImages-474615926-scaled-e1710439682

Netflix has confirmed it will air a documentary series about Jose Mourinho’s career in football next year.

Twenty years after the 61-year-old led Porto to victory in the Champions League, the series will explore his life in football. It follows in the footsteps of the hugely successful four-part Beckham series that was released in October last year.

The series will include interviews with Mourinho and players who worked under him.

Earlier this year Mourinho let slip news about the upcoming Netflix documentary at the start of January when he was still in charge at Roma.

He said: “There are things that will only be known there, they pay me well! I hadn’t signed with Roma yet, but I had given my word. A club came along and wanted me to break my agreement with Roma, which hadn’t yet been signed, and I said no.

“When the documentary comes out everyone will say I’m a total idiot. When Portugal arrived I immediately told the president about it. When Saudi Arabia arrived I immediately told the president about it. This is why I don’t think they talk to other coaches behind my back, for me it’s not like that because there is reciprocity.”

Mourinho is currently without a job after being sacked by Roma on January 16, with whom he won the Europa Conference League 2022, their first silverware in 14 years.

Since taking over at Porto, Mourinho has won 26 major trophies, including consecutive titles with Chelsea in 2005 and 2006 under Roman Abramovich’s ownership and then a treble-winning season at Inter Milan in 2011. He also won La Liga with Real Madrid in 2012, another Premier League title in 2015 when he returned to Chelsea and the Europa League with Manchester United in 2017.

However, there’s a sense his aura has faded in recent years, especially after his disappointing spell at Tottenham Hotspur and with complaints about negative tactics.

Elsewhere his treatment of match officials – such as his behaviour towards Anthony Taylor after Roma lost last season’s Europa League final to Sevilla – has also attracted criticism.

The documentary is being produced by John Battsek, who also worked on the Beckham film, and directed by Joe Pearlman who previously worked on Lewis Capaldi: How I’m Feeling, Now and Robbie Williams.

As well as Mourinho, Netflix is also releasing a documentary film called The Final: Attack on Wembley that comes out in May 2024.

The film will examine the lawless carnage at the final of the European Championship 2020 that Italy won against England on penalties. Covid regulations meant the capacity for the final at Wembley Stadium was 60,000 which meant everybody knew there would be empty seats in the stadium which led to fans storming the stadium as euphoria turned to chaos.

The independent review by Baroness Casey of Blackstock, published in December 2021, said a day that should have been a celebration ended up being “a source of national shame”, and was only a few “near misses” away from being another entry in football’s book of tragedies.