The Mourinho Thread

I love how as a Mourinho critic I'm now against Mourinho fans?

I have never insulted anybody with a differing opinion to mine?

If you support Jose fair play. I don't - for reason that I and others have articulated in very great detail.

I could probably get over the footballing identify, I could probably handle the Lack of rotation, I might excuse the failure to implement changes...

BUT I will never forget or forgive him for his recent actions, he has destroyed this season from being arrogant, narcissistic and not even man enough to admit he made a mistake. A true man would have apologised to Eva and Fearn and they would have been back on the bench the next match.

Ridiculing the players and then wondering why they aren't playing well - whilst distancing himself from any negativity is just pathetic.

I think the players have seen through him and realise exactly what this nasty little man is all about.

My only hope is that one day - those of you that truly 'love him' will allow these points and many more to wash over you and just test them out - I'm sure you will reach your own conclusions...

I honestly don't care about criticism and even people wanting him out, its going down the calling people fanboy route I don't like.

Bayern's identity is a combination of fast paced attacking football and possession football, transition of youth into the first team etc. A more refined version of united pre moyes if you will and guardiola even despite his more patient approach (tiki taka)is not a complete misfit like mourinho was to Chelsea's initial objective. For example Bayern will never hire a manager that rarely/never promotes youth, plays dull unimaginative football and parks the bus in majority of the big games because it goes against their identity. When/if guardiola leaves, I'm willing to bet they won't replace him with someone like mourinho.

Van Gaal plays dull unimaginative football.

Unless we start winning of course, in which case this will all blow over.

If it were any other manager he would be gone by now. He's surviving clearly on his previous rep at this club.

But then again considering all he's done here over the years maybe he deserves a get out of jail free card. So long as the results begin to improve or the players at least look like they're gonna get up off their arses.

I think its not only because of his reputation. Lets be honest, even for Chelsea stantards its a little rash to fire your managerAt the end of the day only 8 league games were played. Season started only one month and half ago. Lets be honest, even for Chelsea stantards its a little rash to fire your manager right now.

The PL is over, United, City or Arsenal will win it, but lets think about the top 4. The team is 7 points behind the 4th, but its Crystal Palace. 5th is Leicester. I don't think those teams can keep this form untill the end of the season. The teams that could end in top 4, in my opinion, are Everton, Spurs, both with 13 points, and perhaps Liverpool, 12 points. The gap is only 4 and 5 points, its not something impossible, but to be honest, I think the situation is really bad.

We are not talking about a situation where the team is playing decent football, but the results are not coming. Football from yesterday is a huge indication that something is really wrong. Think about Matic situation, and the way he try to "motivate" his players, actually the players are lacking confidence, and worst than that, it seems they just won't play for Mourinho.

I said this before, most part of this squad are spanish and brazilians. No doubt the likes of Costa, Fabregas, Azpilicueta and Pedro are used to stories about Mourinho during his time in Spain. No doubt Brazilian players know from Marcelo why Mourinho wasn't loved by Real's players, and in Brazil Mourinho is known for being arrogant, more than special.

I don't believe in next game, Matic will be motivated and after a international fixture, the rest of the group will play a game thinking "oh, we must play for Mourinho, the man is a legend, we must improve because he is angry with us, we can't fail him, he trusted us".

Its not a good message when the mager is in the press blaming players and never taking any responsabilities. Those guys are no fools. Imagine if your manager during a press conference say the team is playing so bad, he thinking about playing kids instead. Remember we are also talking about a group. Every single game he chooses another scapegoat. Terry, Hazard, Matic, Oscar, Falcao, Remy, Matic again.

The group is affected by those things. Imagine your boss are being unfair with your teammate. Whats going to happen? No doubt this will affect how you take what your boss say, and you might even think: I might be next target.

I think some people still don't understand Mourinho completely lost the dressing rom. Some reports in the press are saying "it seems Mourinho is losing", ah, fuck off, he is not losing the dressing rom, he already lost it.

Perhaps I'm wrong, but at this moment there is no reaso to believe Jose Mourinho will fix this mess. For me, the sacking is a question of time.

Simeone has only parked the bus in few occasions. He took us to the cleaners twice (super cup and UCL at the bridge), battered barcelona in the UCL. generally he plays significantly better football and he's tactically light years ahead of the current version of jose. He also donesn't need a gigantic budget in roder to be competitive.

I'll just post the same reply here.

Put it this way - if you want to see us play the free-flowing, attacking football, then Simeone is not the manager to implement that style of play. His management style is very similar to Mourinho's - they are both aggressive, they can be proactive in matches and also reactive when they want to (sometimes shutting down the game, sitting back and keeping it tight etc). Let's not forget that when Mourinho's sides are at their best, they press too, can defend from the front, defend properly as a unit, hit teams on the counter by transitioning from back to front in a quick maner etc. We showed many of those qualities last season (and in previous years under Mourinho), especially from August till December, and there's an identity to that. It's just a matter of whether that can be sustained and/or it appeals to the fans.

Just to add - you describe Simeone like some sort of perfect manager there but if you watch or follow Atletico Madrid closely, you know that is not the case. He has his flaws too.

Simeone has only parked the bus in few occasions. He took us to the cleaners twice (super cup and UCL at the bridge), battered barcelona in the UCL. generally he plays significantly better football and he's tactically light years ahead of the current version of jose. He also donesn't need a gigantic budget in roder to be competitive.

Right, but he still employs a similar style as José and has a similar mentality. Plus, it seems like part of Simeone and Atletico's recent success comes from them being an underdog and having a chip on their shoulders. They know their players aren't as good as Barca's or RM's and they can't spend funny money on players so they use that as extra motivation.

Would Simeone's managerial style work with us? Especially if it's after José. IF Mourinho goes I'd want a totally different type of manager.

Liverpool have just sacked Brendan Rodgers. Klopp might be heading there soon...

wow, that was rash. Firing your manager after 8 games, and one and a half month after the start of the season. Liverpool board showing they have the balls. I hope this will encourage Roman to do the same.

I honestly don't care about criticism and even people wanting him out, its going down the calling people fanboy route I don't like.

I agree and have never said anybody is Fanboy?

There are clearly 3 camps of people :

A) Those that want Mou to stay

B) Those that are unsure

C) Those that want Mou out

It doesn't matter whether you are A, B or C - we are ALL Chelsea fans and should respect each other accordingly!!!

Van Gaal plays dull unimaginative football.

No he doesn't and he certainly didn't at the time Bayern hired him. he built his career off the back of his work at the great attacking ajax side of the 90's and his record of promoting youth also played a role in barca and munich hiring him. He fit their philosphy, now whether his appointment worked out well in the end or not is besides the point and different argument alltogether. But I won't accept he was a mismatch prior to Barca and bayern hiring him.

I'll just post the same reply here.

Just to add - you describe Simeone like some sort of perfect manager there but if you watch or follow Atletico Madrid closely, you know that is not the case. He has his flaws too.

Simeone would never go the press trying to save his own arse and pointing his fingers to individual performances from his players.

I love how as a Mourinho critic I'm now against Mourinho fans?

I have never insulted anybody with a differing opinion to mine?

If you support Jose fair play. I don't - for reason that I and others have articulated in very great detail.

I could probably get over the footballing identify, I could probably handle the Lack of rotation, I might excuse the failure to implement changes...

BUT I will never forget or forgive him for his recent actions, he has destroyed this season from being arrogant, narcissistic and not even man enough to admit he made a mistake. A true man would have apologised to Eva and Fearn and they would have been back on the bench the next match.

Ridiculing the players and then wondering why they aren't playing well - whilst distancing himself from any negativity is just pathetic.

I think the players have seen through him and realise exactly what this nasty little man is all about.

My only hope is that one day - those of you that truly 'love him' will allow these points and many more to wash over you and just test them out - I'm sure you will reach your own conclusions...

This.

What worse is that even after the SOTON game, when I started hearing his post match and he said, "lets be honest". I thought, he was actually going to say that we are very poor currently. I have made some mistakes with my selextion etc etx. In short, actually be HONEST.

Was I ever more wrong. He fucking blamed thr ref for the result. Can u believe that. Soton should have won that match 5-1. That interview simply showed that he has reached the heights of delusion. And he needs to GO

Good as Carlo is, I personally can't see him going there and turning a load of average and poor players into great ones and also shopping in the 2nd and 3rd tier of the answer market. Ancelotti would be very effective at a huge club with top players and loads of money but I can't see him righting the titanic at Liverpool.

Klopp would fit them like a glove and I truly hope he doesn't go there.

Simeone has only parked the bus in few occasions. He took us to the cleaners twice (super cup and UCL at the bridge), battered barcelona in the UCL. generally he plays significantly better brand of football and he's tactically light years ahead of the current version of jose. He also doesn't need a gigantic budget in order to be competitive.

And yet...he spent over €130,000,000 this season and another €100,000,000 the season before. I suggest you actually look things up before talking out your arse. The league win of 13/14 was an anomaly.

http://www.transfermarkt.com/atletico-madrid/transfers/verein/13/saison_id/2015

I'm genuinely surprised by how some don't seem to realize how bad the situation really is. This is by far worse than any of the 'bad runs' by any of our previous managers. It's our worst start to a season in 35 years! That's not just some statistic. Think about it for a second! I have never seen any a top team start a season this badly. Closest to it maybe Tottenham or Liverpool under Hodgeson.

We are in genuine trouble here. Even if we magically regain our form and start wining matches which there has been zero signs for, it would still be till at least December or January till we even start competing for top 4 again. If we continue with this current terrible form for another month or so it would probably be too late to get 4th place even if we regain top form afterwards. Hence why the couple of weeks after the international break are crucial, imo.

Some of us have a bad case of cognitive dissonance

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cognitive_dissonance

And it lead to this:

http://psychology.about.com/od/lindex/f/earned-helplessness.htm

Some might think it is trivial psychology, but it truly is a powerfull driver for behaviour. Most of the experiments here were made to explain how the holocaust could have taken place, why people cooperated, changed beliefs, and even participated ( the jewish capo's burning people in concentraties Camps).

It is foolish to think you can manage a group by mere 'reward if good, punish if bad' strategy.