Matthew Harding Stand

Opinions and analysis on tactics, players and off the field issues.

Subforums

1. Chelsea Transfers   (7,571 visits to this link)

2. Articles

Read the latest Chelsea news and opinion from our main website.

Browse the old player transfer archives.

5,217 topics in this forum

• 5 replies
    • 18 replies
    • 2.2k views
    • 34 replies
    • 4.1k views
    • 4 replies
    • 1.3k views
    • 0 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 2.6k views
    • 23 replies
    • 4k views
    • 7 replies
    • 30 replies
    • 6.7k views
  1. Sheva or Pizzaro? 1 2 3

• 44 replies
    • 2.7k views
  2. 2009/10 Season 1 2

• 27 replies
    • 6.6k views
  3. Chelsea Blogs

• 8 replies
    • 5.3k views
    • 30 replies
    • 1.7k views
  4. Good vibes. 1 2

• 28 replies
    • 1.3k views
    • 0 replies
  5. 3rd Captain? 1 2 3 4

• 56 replies
    • 4.2k views
    • 5 replies
  6. How Nice 1 2 3

• 38 replies
    • 2.4k views
    • 6 replies
    • 11 replies
    • 1.2k views
  • 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Latest Posts

• Yeah I really like him too, lots of amazing attributes but he also has big limitations and it is way too big of a risk for the money being discussed (~£115m+, ~300k+ pw?) For reference Nicolas Jackson is on £65k per week and cost £29.8m.
    • Conor is world class off the ball and at leading the press, as well as being a leader on the field, two things managers often prioritise despite fan expectations. I do think it is certainly not guaranteed he will be a key player anymore without Poch (and may get sold) but after thinking about it, wouldn't be surprised at all if he actually ended up being a key player, simply seen it so many times that managers will stick by players who have qualities like Conor's even if they're lacking in
    • https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rheinmetall
    • all docs are being signed now, could be announced today
    • I like osihmen, but these prices for a player who has only had one good season are very risky frankly I don't think any club is going to pay 100M pounds for him 
    • I'd take Zirkzee before VO. 
    • I wouldn't mind Osimhen - where am I not a fan? 100+ mil for him is ridiculous though. Nico and VO both scored 17 goals this season. Why are we paying that much for someone? Victor has had 1 good season. 1. O N E. Where in the world would we considering 120 mil a decent transfer for him?  Nico literally gave you a better than DD 1st season performance - and you still complain...    Which starters are we selling to rivals? Jorgi? He is a bench player at Arsenal. Havertz? Do you wan
    • Signing him for £100m+ on huge wages would be bonkers. The whole point of the setup is that the club should be able to find an Osimhen before he's at Napoli for £125m and wants £300k+ pw. The signing could very feasibly backfire horribly, leaving us crippled again. We have to learn and do better. Personally I think NJ could have a breakout season and become the player we need, and think he deserves the chance. We need to be giving players more of a chance than this before we write them off
    • You clearly haven't been a fan of Osimhen from the start, but you have yet to propose a viable alternative (Jackson has been uttered by you, which is already something in itself). If Osimhen offered half of what DD did during his first spell, the transfer fee would be a no-brainer in this current climate, with Lukaku going the opposite way. We are selling starters to our rivals, clinching on to the idea of EL football, and we haven't got a WC player in the squad (James & Nkunku are too
    • You guys really buy into these easy media narratives they keep repeating.  Vic ain't it, regardless. And the age thing here, is probably how much they want to pay for the transfer fee given how many great years he has.  Enzo and Caceido are early 20s, and that investment makes sense as you are getting 10+ good years from them.  We are in no way close to becoming a feeder club.
    • Why would you think Conor would work in his system? mobility? I do think he has the mobility, but not the skill or passing ability. Disagreed on Noni and Mudryk. I've seen enough of Mudryk now and any expectations we (or Arsenal) might have had should no longer matter. Noni, I don't see the tight control for that type of style. Coming off the bench, sure, but not a player to rely on to retain possession. Sterling may be just too lazy now for that system. Could he be motivated back into
    • Everything points to us becoming nothing more than a feeder club. More often than not, this includes questionable appointments and signing players who can't even legally drink.
  • Player Threads

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You