Franco is Di man for Ancelotti

CARLO ANCELOTTI has hinted Franco Di Santo could play a big part for Chelsea this season. The young Argentine striker netted the opener as the Blues beat Club America today.

And new Stamford Bridge boss Ancelotti heaped praise on Di Santo after the match.

He said: "Di Santo is a young player, a good player.

"He moves very well on the pitch without the ball.

"He has to be cool in front of the goalkeeper and tonight he scored a good goal, moved very well and put in important work for the team."

Ancelotti has also revealed his delight at John Terry's decision to stay with the Blues.

He added: "It's very important because Terry is the most important player, not only as a player but as a man and professional.

"We are very happy, all the club is happy. John Terry is staying at the club and that is good news."

Ancelotti's side won all three of their pre-season matches on their tour of America.

The Italian said: "We played these games at the right moment because we did 10 days in Cobham to work and now was the moment to play.

"We played well, we improved the team, grew, and we are ready to start the season.

"I have a very good team, all the staff have welcomed me at the club.

"I have no problems and I want to continue to work because I like working with this club. There are very good players."

Edited by the wes

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering we are now playing with 2 strikers there is certainly a role still with us this season for Di Santo. Would be great to see him given the minutes on the pitch because there is a lot of talent there, he just needs the games.

:rolleyes: I would love to see him play big matches ...he is one of our products and would love to see him regularly in starting XI with Anelka ,Drogba nad sheva

He is not one of our products he was bought for 5 million. Anyway i like him a lot i think he will be a brilliant target man.

you think he will be subbed on for drog/anelka? what about Kalou?

kalou isn't good enough for aston villa never mind a champions league team, he's just an average player who scores the occasional freak goal.

on the other hand di santo is extremely young and has that star quality, i can see ancelotti see's him as Chelsea's pato.