Daniel Sturridge and Franco Di Santo Partnership.

Steve

Looking at the two lads playing in the pre-season i must say both of them have impressed me so far.

Personally i think they can build a solid partnership, they are both very young and both have alot of time to work with eachother. Both of them scored a goal in the the US tour so that's good signs.

Daniel has just joined the club and seems to be fitting in very nicely and seems to have a good relationship with the team already which is good to see, hopefully the likes of Drogba and Anelka can teach him a thing or two.

Di santo showed a bit of improvement also, he seems alot more quicker with the ball at his feet also he seems like he can push players off the ball a bit better also but i guess we will wait to see that in the league.

Looking towards the future what would you guys think about them being our main two strikers say in 3 or 4 seasons time, and how do you think they would work?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both players have lots of ability and potential. I would like to see both stay this season and given the chances to improve themselves at Chelsea, Carlo has to give them the games though. Di Santo lost a lot of the confidence he had last season, when he joined the first 6 months were great for him, he looked very talented in the reserves and scored a lot of goals and showed an instinct for goal, last season even in the reserves he didn't look the same player. If Carlo can bring that back out of him then he can be a very very useful player for us.

Both players have lots of ability and potential. I would like to see both stay this season and given the chances to improve themselves at Chelsea, Carlo has to give them the games though. Di Santo lost a lot of the confidence he had last season, when he joined the first 6 months were great for him, he looked very talented in the reserves and scored a lot of goals and showed an instinct for goal, last season even in the reserves he didn't look the same player. If Carlo can bring that back out of him then he can be a very very useful player for us.

I do hope Carlo gives them game time it would be good to see them even play most cup fixtures, besides the Champions League. But that being said i would still like to see them come on as a Sub and maybe change a game a boost he confidence.

When you say Di Santo lost alot of Confidence Was this After Scolari became Manager and Guss took over or while Scolari was in charge?

How many goals did Di santo finish on last season for the reserves. I cant watch every game because i dont have Chelsea TV.

These two need to be groomed well. Di Santo looks great, has fantastic pace and movement. As Carlo said, he needs to be cool infront of the goal. That will come with age. Di Santo could be the targetman like Drogba and Sturridge could be the Anelka type Striker. With two strikers upfront, both these young lads may get alot of time in the middle.

Esk:

I do understand he lost confidence last season. He had a great first 6 months and then a good pre season but then he was hardly given anytime to perform. He got last 5 mins or 10 mins to play which is not good. These guys need games to boost their confidence. And hopefully, Sturridge and Di santo get more playing time.

The whole of last season for Di Santo just didn't go right for him. He never got the playing time. His first 6 months with us he was fantastic in the reserves, he scored 7 goals in the half season he was here and they were good goals too, like i say he had a natural instict to finish. Through the whole of last season he scored 5 for the reserves and looked a completely different player. The game against Club America i saw more of the original Di Santo than i had seen for a whole season...

If Carlo and give these 2 lads the right ammount of game time they will progress a lot this season. 1 playing with either Drogba or Anelka will give us a very strong attack. Playing 2 up top this season will benefit these 2 greatly i hope.

The whole of last season for Di Santo just didn't go right for him. He never got the playing time. His first 6 months with us he was fantastic in the reserves, he scored 7 goals in the half season he was here and they were good goals too, like i say he had a natural instict to finish. Through the whole of last season he scored 5 for the reserves and looked a completely different player. The game against Club America i saw more of the original Di Santo than i had seen for a whole season...

If Carlo and give these 2 lads the right ammount of game time they will progress a lot this season. 1 playing with either Drogba or Anelka will give us a very strong attack. Playing 2 up top this season will benefit these 2 greatly i hope.

I totally agree with what your saying. In games against the lower end opposition i think if say Di Santo and Anelka Started or Sturridge and Drogba, these players can slowly be brought into he big time and prove they have got what it takes to be the best but i guess that will show over the next few seasons.

I agree last season man utd did it in the sunderland game rooney and macheda. We can have di santo and anelka and drogba and sturridge di santo can play target man for anelka and sturridge will be the runner for drogba. I think also when drogba goes to africa they will get plenty of games if we play 2 up top. I dont think the bid signing should be a striker now maybe a right winger ?

I was hoping Stoch would have had more starts at right wing

Hopfully this loan will do him some good. Im still not certain on wheather the loan deal outside of england was a good idea or not but i guess we can only wait a find out.

Anelka-Di Santo and Sturridge-Drogba partnerships would benefit these players well.

For these players a rotation between drogba and anelka would benefit both players in massive ways. I don't think either will suffer ever if like Sturridge and Anelka player together. ATM i think any first team football would bring massive confidence to both players just for them to know that they are not getting forgotten because they are younger.

hope ancelotti plays at least one of them enough to make an impact.

I guess its going to be a challenge for them to get a look in but if they work hard they can impress. They still have to compete with Sheva, Pizzaro and Kalou.