Edinson Cavani

CFC58

the only way sturridge will go to spurs is if modric is send to us!

on topic, i prefer hulk over cavani, thas just me i know hulk physical appearence will get us couple of more points in season against teams like stoke or everton..

Cavani is 6 foot 2 and a big guy, probably bigger even than hulk

I gave more then one reason, but ok if you believe that a flop like Torres and a striker/winger like Sturridge should be our only hope as striker for CL and PL glory, then good luck to you sir.

Do you remember how bad Drogba was in his first 18 months? And Sturridge was converted to play as a winger last year, he has played CF most of his career. We don't need 4 strikers for one starting position, only going to undermine squad harmony.

Do you remember how bad Drogba was in his first 18 months? And Sturridge was converted to play as a winger last year, he has played CF most of his career. We don't need 4 strikers for one starting position, only going to undermine squad harmony.

Where you getting 4 strikers?

We got 2 atm.

Although I agree buying Hulk would be the wiser of the choice for the price they are both going, giving that he can fill 2 roles.

atm we have Torres,,,, a very raw Lukaku ...and Danny who had a poor end to last season....

City have Tevez, Balotelli, Aguero, and Dzeko. United have Rooney, Welbeck, Berbatov, and Chicharito.

In other words, people who are saying we're "set" at striker with Torres, a talented but flawed Sturridge, and a 19 year old who has next to ZERO Premier League experience, are simply wrong.

With Lukaku almost certainly going out on loan, I think we'll almost certainly bring another goal scoring forward in.

berbatov is leaving.

three strikers is what i would prefer to go into the season with. four would mean one gets played out of position = dressing room unrest. yada yada yada

i'm very happy with the three we have now. all capable of scoring 20 + imo.

berbatov is leaving.

three strikers is what i would prefer to go into the season with. four would mean one gets played out of position = dressing room unrest. yada yada yada

i'm very happy with the three we have now. all capable of scoring 20 + imo.

And if lukaku goes on loan we would need another striker

I wouldn't loan Lukaku, as he now has a great chance to get some game time, its a completely different situation to many of our young midfielders as many such as Josh Mc have at least 5 people ahaead of him in the pecking order, where as lukaku only has 1, or 2, dependant, and if sturridge ever plays some at RW, Lukaku would definately be second choice.

Also to add i still want Hulk, as he plays in a position we need greatly and can be a backup striker, filling 2 roles. All signing Cavani would do, is mean we have torres sitting on the bench and still a RW problem.

Guys, did you remember what Gourlay says before window?

"We may have two big-name centre-forwards scoring 25-30 goals for us next season and maybe then we will improve on our sixth position in the league."

So imo that Cavani bid is possible. First we want Hulk, but not for 40m pounds [crazy money, plus FFS last season he only scores from pen spot : |], and now we probably can be in for Cavani.

Hulk have advantage - he can play on RW. But thats all Cavani > Hulk. We need goal guys, look at striker stats from last season, best striker have 6 goals in P (Torres)

I dont count Sturridge because he play at RW, but if we add him he have "just" 11 goals in PL.

TOP3 Teams scorers:

Aguero - 23 goals

Rooney - 27 goals

RVP - 30 goals

Plus Citeh have 2 striker who scores more then our best league scorer. WE NEED STRIKER.

I know everyone [me too!] want Torres to score and successe but what if not? Half season without striker? And then in winter 50m bid for Cavani?

City have Tevez, Balotelli, Aguero, and Dzeko. United have Rooney, Welbeck, Berbatov, and Chicharito.

In other words, people who are saying we're "set" at striker with Torres, a talented but flawed Sturridge, and a 19 year old who has next to ZERO Premier League experience, are simply wrong.

With Lukaku almost certainly going out on loan, I think we'll almost certainly bring another goal scoring forward in.

Yes, but United is/was playing 4-4-2, or 4-4-1-1, so they needed to start with 2 strikers for every game, and in City, Aguero can play behind the striker as well. Whereas, we only need 1 striker to start each game.

Guys, did you remember what Gourlay says before window?

"We may have two big-name centre-forwards scoring 25-30 goals for us next season and maybe then we will improve on our sixth position in the league."

So imo that Cavani bid is possible. First we want Hulk, but not for 40m pounds [crazy money, plus FFS last season he only scores from pen spot : |], and now we probably can be in for Cavani.

Hulk have advantage - he can play on RW. But thats all Cavani > Hulk. We need goal guys, look at striker stats from last season, best striker have 6 goals in P (Torres)

I dont count Sturridge because he play at RW, but if we add him he have "just" 11 goals in PL.

TOP3 Teams scorers:

Aguero - 23 goals

Rooney - 27 goals

RVP - 30 goals

Plus Citeh have 2 striker who scores more then our best league scorer. WE NEED STRIKER.

I know everyone [me too!] want Torres to score and successe but what if not? Half season without striker? And then in winter 50m bid for Cavani?

According to reports, Cavani is going for 35m, and Hulk for 38.

For roughly the same price, Hulk is the smartest buy says me.

Now if Hulk can't come cause he is costing more then that, then yes Cavani would make a better buy.

So let's see what happens.

According to reports, Cavani is going for 35m, and Hulk for 38.

For roughly the same price, Hulk is the smartest buy says me.

Now if Hulk can't come cause he is costing more then that, then yes Cavani would make a better buy.

So let's see what happens.

Hulk only plus is that, he can play RW, and he pass more, and have more assists. Cavani play in better league, score more goals, and in 4-3-3 he can easy play at right. [He do that for Uruguay, right?]

I can see Marin on the RW, or even Oscar. We have now v. creative players [Hazard, Mata, Marin, Oscar to come], we need players who will finish actions with goals. We lost that last season.

I know it's crazy money, but now its 35 in winter can be 50 or so. I prefer Falcao too [but i think he will cost more]

When there were rumours, that Juve wanted to buy Torres, it was because they couldn't get Cavani at a reasonable price, so I really don't think we could get him for anything near 35M. Furthermore, since they sold Lavezzi, Napoli aren't in need of money at the moment, and probably Cavani is their most important person in the squad, so I don't think they wanna sell him now.

And, de Laurentiis is quite badass, he will surely play hardball with us.

Hulk only plus is that, he can play RW, and he pass more, and have more assists. Cavani play in better league, score more goals, and in 4-3-3 he can easy play at right. [He do that for Uruguay, right?]

I can see Marin on the RW, or even Oscar. We have now v. creative players [Hazard, Mata, Marin, Oscar to come], we need players who will finish actions with goals. We lost that last season.

I know it's crazy money, but now its 35 in winter can be 50 or so. I prefer Falcao too [but i think he will cost more]

I actually prefer Cavani to Falaco because of his longer track record at the top level, but only barely. I'd rate both well ahead of of Hulk. Agree that while our playmaking has been addressed, our lack of goal-scoring has not. I thought going into the transfer period that we needed a creative midfielder to replace Kalou/Malouda and allow Mata more freedom and rest, a striker to replace Drogba who can score regularly, and a backup RB who would be an improvement on Bosingwa. I haven't changed my mind.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You