Edinson Cavani

CFC58

I actually prefer Cavani to Falaco because of his longer track record at the top level, but only barely. I'd rate both well ahead of of Hulk. Agree that while our playmaking has been addressed, our lack of goal-scoring has not. I thought going into the transfer period that we needed a creative midfielder to replace Kalou/Malouda and allow Mata more freedom and rest, a striker to replace Drogba who can score regularly, and a backup RB who would be an improvement on Bosingwa. I haven't changed my mind.

Yes they are on paper better strikers, but neither of them will want to play RW, whereas Hulk does play there and can be a backup to torres, making him imo the better option than cavani or falaco.

Also, If we get Cavani then, either him or torres will have to be on the bench and we still have a bit of a problem on he right hand side. Wheras Hulk fills the position and solves the striker shortage problem.

Hulk only plus is that, he can play RW, and he pass more, and have more assists. Cavani play in better league, score more goals, and in 4-3-3 he can easy play at right. [He do that for Uruguay, right?]

I can see Marin on the RW, or even Oscar. We have now v. creative players [Hazard, Mata, Marin, Oscar to come], we need players who will finish actions with goals. We lost that last season.

I know it's crazy money, but now its 35 in winter can be 50 or so. I prefer Falcao too [but i think he will cost more]

Well true, but I want Hulk cause that means we can just let Sturridge and Torres be main CF.

If we get Cavani, that means pushing Sturridge to the RW, which he don't like...

And to be honest, I wish Sturridge will just man up and learn from Ivan. Ivan also did not like to play as RB cause he was CB, but needs of the team force him to play RB and he has become one of the best RB in the world.

This was all down to because he had the skills to play as CB and RB. Sturridge also has the skills to play as CF and RW.

Yes they are on paper better strikers, but neither of them will want to play RW, whereas Hulk does play there and can be a backup to torres, making him imo the better option than cavani or falaco.

Hulk is not a striker. He's a right winger. If you need a striker, you go and get one, you don't get someone who can play striker in a pinch just like you would buy Cavani because he's an elite striker not because he can also play on the right. And as for needing a winger, it really depends on the system Chelsea will play.. If they want to play a 4-3-3, then they need a classic right winger. However, I think they'll go with the 4-1-1-3-1 they played last year in which case, Chelsea don't need a pure winger. In fact, after Oscar, we definitely don't need any more midfielders.

If we get Cavani, that means pushing Sturridge to the RW, which he don't like...

He can sit on the bench or play on the RW, simply choose. I like him, and rate very high, but if he want cry to the press he can fight for carling cup with Liverpool or sth.

On the RW we can put Marin, Oscar, Sturridge. We can play 4-3-2-1, 4-2-3-1 [without wingers] etc. We need goal, and putting faith in Torres is risky. We can lost half season.

Hulk is not a striker. He's a right winger. If you need a striker, you go and get one, you don't get someone who can play striker in a pinch just like you would buy Cavani because he's an elite striker not because he can also play on the right. And as for needing a winger, it really depends on the system Chelsea will play.. If they want to play a 4-3-3, then they need a classic right winger. However, I think they'll go with the 4-1-1-3-1 they played last year in which case, Chelsea don't need a pure winger. In fact, after Oscar, we definitely don't need any more midfielders.

Yeah i know where he plays... I am saying i would rather have a proper RW who is hulk, who can also play ST, than an ST who can on occassion play on the right. IMO we only need another striker if we loan out any Lukaku, and i would rather we have Hulk than Cavani. Torres started getting better and better towards the end of the season... Wan't overly impressive in the Euro's yet still won the golden boot, and atm he is our number one striker and he knows that... That should give him extra confidence. Also whats to say buying Cavani will automatically result in massive success. Torres was at times considered the greatest striker in the world at Scouserland... I would rather us fill a position we have greater need for atm than get someone who will probably be better a bit better than someone we already have and mean we completely ruin torres for putting him on the bench.

Some people's argument, is that Cavani will unsettle Torres. Are you kidding me?. I am sick and tired of that, it is just blasphemy. Everyone wants world class options when it comes to every part of the field, screaming for Hulk, Oscar, Hazard, a new RB and CM. Now let us use y'all argument. Hulk will unsettle our talented Kakuta that led to us have a trasfer window ban, Oscar and Hazard will make Mata and Ramires (two of our best players last season) feel insecure and loose confidence, a new RB will cause Ivanovic to be the new Bosingwa, and we dare not imagine what a new CM will do to our very own Super Frankie, the arguably the greatest CFC player ever and showed his worth to doubters like me towards the end of last season never to count him out. I notice people want competition among our best players, but come of with excuses at the thought of our worst player last season getting real competition, now that our beloved Didier is gone.

I hate it when people use their sentiments toward a player and forget that these people are paid a whole lot of money to do a "job". So you are going to tell your boss not to hire the new employee, because you are going to loose confidence in you doing your job?, some of y'all should try that sometime. If you not cannot compete for your position and do the job which you are paid shit load of money to do, regardless of distractions. Then you should go get a less paying job, with less competition and distraction, and you can use your new found confidence to pay your bills :D.

Some people's argument, is that Cavani will unsettle Torres. Are you kidding me?. I am sick and tired of that, it is just blasphemy. Everyone wants world class options when it comes to every part of the field, screaming for Hulk, Oscar, Hazard, a new RB and CM. Now let us use y'all argument. Hulk will unsettle our talented Kakuta that led to us have a trasfer window ban, Oscar and Hazard will make Mata and Ramires (two of our best players last season) feel insecure and loose confidence, a new RB will cause Ivanovic to be the new Bosingwa, and we dare not imagine what a new CM will do to our very own Super Frankie, the arguably the greatest CFC player ever and showed his worth to doubters like me towards the end of last season never to count him out. I notice people want competition among our best players, but come of with excuses at the thought of our worst player last season getting real competition, now that our beloved Didier is gone.

I hate it when people use their sentiments toward a player and forget that these people are paid a whole lot of money to do a "job". So you are going to tell your boss not to hire the new employee, because you are going to loose confidence in you doing your job?, some of y'all should try that sometime. If you not cannot compete for your position and do the job which you are paid shit load of money to do, regardless of distractions. Then you should go get a less paying job, with less competition and distraction, and you can use your new found confidence to pay your bills :D

Your really comparing a normal Job to a footballers Job.. ok, my point is that Torres cost us 50 million and actualy was an improvement towards the end... Your comapring Torres being unsettled and Kakuta (Someone that has little to no play time for the club). I don't think we need a new RB and are happy with Ivanovic. Super frank will always be the biggest legend in my eyes, and no one could surpass him. No way Mata is going to be unsettled as he is guarenteed a place in the team. And ramires may not be in the team because he suits a 4-3-3, as opposed to a 4-2-3-1. And torres already has competiton... We also have a guy called Lukaku who we paid a lot of money to be at this club, and Sturriddge who performed well at the start of the season in a position he doesn't like playing. Torres should play better otherwise he will be replaced, i am simply saying we shouldn't go around buying a new highly expensive player everytime they don't play that well. Hazard and Oscar are both amazing talents. And in particluar i can't wait to see Hazard play. I am simply arguing out of the 2, Hulk fits a role as we don't have an out and Right sided winger, whilst providing backup to torres wheras Cavani replaces Torres and still have somewhat of an issue on the right side.

Yeah i know where he plays... I am saying i would rather have a proper RW who is hulk, who can also play ST, than an ST who can on occassion play on the right. IMO we only need another striker if we loan out any Lukaku, and i would rather we have Hulk than Cavani. Torres started getting better and better towards the end of the season... Wan't overly impressive in the Euro's yet still won the golden boot, and atm he is our number one striker and he knows that... That should give him extra confidence. Also whats to say buying Cavani will automatically result in massive success. Torres was at times considered the greatest striker in the world at Scouserland... I would rather us fill a position we have greater need for atm than get someone who will probably be better a bit better than someone we already have and mean we completely ruin torres for putting him on the bench.

First of all, Torres did not start to get better and better towards the end of the year. He had 4 good games under RDM out of 18.. Second of all, Torres hasn't really been considered one of the best strikers in the world for about 3-4 years. In the last year and a half, he's been one of the worst strikers in the Premier League. Third of all, we have enough midfielders. We actually have too many. We don't need another creative passing player. We dWe have Hazard, Mata, Lampard, and Oscar for that. As of right now, we probably have Ramires, Meireles, and Marin on the bench to start. We're going to play in a system that doesn't have a real RW position. We are almost certainly going to play 3 midfielders behind the striker. We don't need Hulk at all any more. We've spent 65M on creative midfielders. Buying Hulk would mean Chelsea will have spent 100M pounds or so on 4 attacking midfielders. It just makes no sense. What if Torres continues to be useless? It's a real possibility and then what? Relying on players playing out of position? It's an insane risk for us. We need a striker who can score. We had 11 goals in total from our strikers last year. It's just not good enough to compete at this level.

First of all, Torres did not start to get better and better towards the end of the year. He had 4 good games under RDM out of 18.. Second of all, Torres hasn't really been considered one of the best strikers in the world for about 3-4 years. In the last year and a half, he's been one of the worst strikers in the Premier League. Third of all, we have enough midfielders. We actually have too many. We don't need another creative passing player. We dWe have Hazard, Mata, Lampard, and Oscar for that. As of right now, we probably have Ramires, Meireles, and Marin on the bench to start. We're going to play in a system that doesn't have a real RW position. We are almost certainly going to play 3 midfielders behind the striker. We don't need Hulk at all any more. We've spent 65M on creative midfielders. Buying Hulk would mean Chelsea will have spent 100M pounds or so on 4 attacking midfielders. It just makes no sense. What if Torres continues to be useless? It's a real possibility and then what? Relying on players playing out of position? It's an insane risk for us. We need a striker who can score. We had 11 goals in total from our strikers last year. It's just not good enough to compete at this level.

Since when is Hulk a midfielder. I do rate Cavani, but its another 35 mil on a player that is no guarentee to do amazing. I am saying if we were to spend the money i would prefer Hulk, and i thought you were compalining about all the arguments about it unsettleing players which is what you are doing. We have already brought in some great talent, which will be one of the best supply lines in the league, and i would like to give torres another chance, its also unfair to say that torres was the only one who played badly last season. If we loan Lukaku however then we will need another striker, as we can't just have 2. Also with our attacking 4, we won't need as many goals from our one striker as a team such as arsenal would need as we have loads of scoring options... I.e. Mata, Lampard, Hazard... etc.

http://www.abola.pt/....aspx?id=342560

Yay, its 60m pounds. Sad : x.

Lol thats ridiculous. If after spending £50m on Torres they buy another player in that region then our board are fucktards. Saying that I think Torres will come good this season, too much talent around him. Even I could score a few with passes from Mata, Hazard and co.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You