Edinson Cavani

CFC58

Not so sure...

Berbatov = quality striker, struggled at Man U

Carrol = played well for Newcastle, struggled @ Liverpool

Sheva = Great player, struggled for us

Crespo = Great striker, struggled for us

Kezman = Great striker, struggled for us

Forlan = Great striker, struggled for Man U...

There's literally an 'endless' supply of strikers who haven't made it in a 'team' for whatever reason - is it the team or the player? It's both... They need to learn to play to each other's strengths.

I think the term is 'adaptability' - some people have it, some don't. I'm looking forward to this season though.

I'm NOT against Cavani - if we get him great, as long as that doesn't stop the more pressing RW + RB positions... We can be Man City 2 for all I care - with 2 great squads of players... :D

The rule of thumb regarding Chelsea and purchasing strikers:

Under no circumstances must the striker cost more than 24 million. Preferably he should be a big guy from the Ivory Coast who played for Marseille.

The rule of thumb regarding Chelsea and purchasing strikers:

Under no circumstances must the striker cost more than 24 million. Preferably he should be a big guy from the Ivory Coast who played for Marseille.

Didn't we have one of those....? May have been a dream though. :blink:

I've read a lot of...well, rubbish above.

First of all, Cavani is 25. He is also not the best striker in the world :blink: (Rooney, Falcao, Aguero etc.)

This may come across as ignorant to some, but trust me - he simply does not work well unless his team are counter-attacking. He would not fit in our predicted new system.

Napoli want to build on last season. They've made money from the sale of Lavezzi, so now they'll obviously reinforce the team in other areas as Insigne from their youth system (who spent last season out on loan) will be a perfect Lavezzi replacement for free. Do you really think they're going to let their best player leave? What would they have to gain from that? They don't need the money and there's not a single striker on the market who suits their team more than he does.

Cavani would cost A LOT. Why anyone would want to pay more for him than Falcao, for example (who is rumoured to want to leave as he actually wants to play in the Champions League finally and Atletico Madrid may be forced into selling anyway due to money problems) just because he's 1 year younger baffles me.

I've done enough talking of my own feelings about this now.

I want someone to maturely explain to me how on earth they think he'd work in our system + team, and where the logic is in us having he + Torres.

Finally, I wish people wouldn't jump on everything our media says. Maybe check if a reputable Serie A/Italian outlet has reported it? He is in a Serie A team after all. You don't get 'exclusive' news about the Premier League over in Italy or Spain, do you?

It's also standard, cheap journalism. They look at a rumoured story, think how likely it is, then report it in a way where they're non-committal about it. In this case, they say wages are a stumbling block. So it's win-win for the paper now. Either we sign him and their lucky guess paid off and they're made to look more 'reputable', or we don't sign him and then they say "well, we told you about the wage problem".

Please only comment if you've seen more than his 2 games against us.

Look, I don't even know why there is disscusion here about selling Torres.

Abramovich always wanted Torres and he won't let him go until he scores decent ammount of goals for us. Abramovich doesn't like to look like a fool. Selling 50M striker for half this price.

Chelsea need striker who will score 30+ goals easily every season!

The fact that team nowdays needs super striker to win big trophies is BS. And no striker apart from CR and Messi score 30+ goals per season. Another BS.

What matters most is several players that can score, not one alone. Arsenal has RVP but him alone cant do much. Spain didnt had striker yet they won Euro.

Its enough that Torres gets back in form and scores around 20 goals this year. There are also Lamps, Mata, Hazard, Oscar, possibly Hulk.

And for seasons to come, Lukaku and Danny will take that role of scoring tandem. No need for another striker as long team can find back of the net together.

We were 6th last year, 20 points behind winner and with some hard work and luck (but not fantastic game) won CL. I dont expect trophies, only World club cup, Supercup and Fa cup. If we get Hulk, maybe close fight for PL too, but Cavani alone will only fuck up our attack more. Yes we would probably score more goals (and even the fact we allways had big money striker problems, Cavani could dissapoint too), Torres would lose his will,...

LOL - I know you think Kezman was rubbish for us - I do too! BUT he scored shed loads of goals before joining us and did well after leaving...

My point was that SIMPLY TAKING STATISTICS about a Goalscorer is MEANINGLESS (unless it's FM or FIFA)

It's all about 'HOW' the Striker plays and 'HOW' he fits into the Team's playing style :D

I believe Cavani and Torres are very similar in their gameplay, clinical finishers. And if we have made up our minds to keep Torres & give him a chance of a lifetime to prove himself, then i dont think we need to get another striker plus we got Danny boy as well.

Also with so many midfielders that we are linked to, i sure in case both our strikers are out .. we would do a Spain :)

This season it is best to be away from Cavani, if the need arise we can get him for much cheaper next season (if he stays at Napoli).

One more thing about Cavani - I simply don't want to sign him because I respect Napoli & their fans and they don't deserve to have a star player taken away from them.

Lavezzi was logical to sell, but Cavani should stay.

How would we have liked it if a few years ago Real Madrid for example just came along and signed Drogba?

I think Cavani is a great player, and i also think he would do well at CFC, and as much as i want him at chelsea i think the majority of posts in here a right, we don't really need him. look at the upset amongst our strikers last season. Torres wanted more games, sturridge got games with AVB, then RDM reduced his game time. Lukaku was livid at such little game time.

we need sturridge and lukaku, they are our future. if we were to buy Cavani (or Hulk) someone would have to be sold or at least loaned, OR we would need a new system where we would have 2 strikers on the field, because with 2 strong solid strikers rotating (assuming we play 1 striker), lukaku and sturridge will not get a sniff of football this season unless someone got injured.

Sturridge could see game time as a winger, but with our new signings, thats moved him down the pecking order again at that position. Lukaku is just going to get frustrated and want to leave if he doesnt get any game time, so maybe a loan would be good for him.

I personally feel we can go a season with our main stirker Torres and the support of Sturridge and Lukaku. If its gone tits up by January, ill let RDM know i was wrong and he should probably sign another key striker. I thnk our main focus should be getting a decent right back, and then just leaving it there. maybe a couple more youngsters, because as any FM player knows, youngsters are the key to long term success.

One more thing about Cavani - I simply don't want to sign him because I respect Napoli & their fans and they don't deserve to have a star player taken away from them.

Lavezzi was logical to sell, but Cavani should stay.

How would we have liked it if a few years ago Real Madrid for example just came along and signed Drogba?

The same way I felt when they took him from Palermo. So lets go ahead and steal him from that asshole De Laurentiis! :P

LOL - I know you think Kezman was rubbish for us - I do too! BUT he scored shed loads of goals before joining us and did well after leaving...

That's because he played in the Netherlands, which is paradise for shit strikers. And he hardly did well after leaving us, he scored 10 in 33 at Atletico Madrid, 30 in 69 at Fenerbache (not bad), 10 in 53 at PSG, 2 in 10 at Zenit, 7 in 18 at South China and 0 in 11 at BATE Borisov.

My point was that SIMPLY TAKING STATISTICS about a Goalscorer is MEANINGLESS (unless it's FM or FIFA)

It's all about 'HOW' the Striker plays and 'HOW' he fits into the Team's playing style :D

Kezman is not and has never been a Great Striker! The likes of Drogba, Henry, Shearer, Ronaldo (Brazilian) Raul, Shevchenko (at Milan) Ibrahimovic ect were/are all Great Strikers, Kezman could never be in the same category as them.

according to most sites, is that we are planing to 60million in place bid for cavani.

if we do sign him for that amount which i dont mind, i think his worth every penny in that 60mill buy!

We will have 120 million striking force, the question is will torres showup?

its not 60 mil for Cavani alone mate. its 35-25 on Cavani and Oscar

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You