Edinson Cavani

CFC58

Since when is Hulk a midfielder. I do rate Cavani, but its another 35 mil on a player that is no guarentee to do amazing. I am saying if we were to spend the money i would prefer Hulk, and i thought you were compalining about all the arguments about it unsettleing players which is what you are doing. We have already brought in some great talent, which will be one of the best supply lines in the league, and i would like to give torres another chance, its also unfair to say that torres was the only one who played badly last season. If we loan Lukaku however then we will need another striker, as we can't just have 2. Also with our attacking 4, we won't need as many goals from our one striker as a team such as arsenal would need as we have loads of scoring options... I.e. Mata, Lampard, Hazard... etc.

Hulk is a midfielder if we are playing a 4-2-3-1 the same way Mata and Hazard will be. You're right that labels like that are kind of silly, but it's just a short-hand. Either way, we have enough attacking, creative players as is. You're right that Torres wasn't the only poor performer last season but Drogba was better despite being 33-34 years old. We definitely needed to upgrade our ball movement and we did that but we also need a striker who can score regularly. Torres might do that, but it's a massive risk and when you're trying to build a winning team, you can't take a risk like that.

Lol thats ridiculous. If after spending £50m on Torres they buy another player in that region then our board are fucktards. Saying that I think Torres will come good this season, too much talent around him. Even I could score a few with passes from Mata, Hazard and co.

Exactly, i love that we have a club willing to spend when need be, but we really should give people we have a chance, and if that is true then it is ridiculously expensive.

Hulk is a midfielder if we are playing a 4-2-3-1 the same way Mata and Hazard will be. You're right that labels like that are kind of silly, but it's just a short-hand. Either way, we have enough attacking, creative players as is. You're right that Torres wasn't the only poor performer last season but Drogba was better despite being 33-34 years old. We definitely needed to upgrade our ball movement and we did that but we also need a striker who can score regularly. Torres might do that, but it's a massive risk and when you're trying to build a winning team, you can't take a risk like that.

I understand your point, and i am not doubting Cavani's talent but i feel with the signings we have brought in we are a different team. If we bought him for 35 mil then it wouldn't be too bad, though if that report of 60 mil is truthful then i like that is crazy.

First of all, Torres did not start to get better and better towards the end of the year. He had 4 good games under RDM out of 18.. Second of all, Torres hasn't really been considered one of the best strikers in the world for about 3-4 years. In the last year and a half, he's been one of the worst strikers in the Premier League. Third of all, we have enough midfielders. We actually have too many. We don't need another creative passing player. We dWe have Hazard, Mata, Lampard, and Oscar for that. As of right now, we probably have Ramires, Meireles, and Marin on the bench to start. We're going to play in a system that doesn't have a real RW position. We are almost certainly going to play 3 midfielders behind the striker. We don't need Hulk at all any more. We've spent 65M on creative midfielders. Buying Hulk would mean Chelsea will have spent 100M pounds or so on 4 attacking midfielders. It just makes no sense. What if Torres continues to be useless? It's a real possibility and then what? Relying on players playing out of position? It's an insane risk for us. We need a striker who can score. We had 11 goals in total from our strikers last year. It's just not good enough to compete at this level.

You do know that Hulk is like Sturridge?

Originally a striker but plays as a winger.

He is a versatile player like Ivan, can play two positions very easily.

We are trying to do the same with Sturridge, but his majesty will not have it, and thus rather go to a lower lvl club to fulfill his dream......

Your really comparing a normal Job to a footballers Job.. ok, my point is that Torres cost us 50 million and actualy was an improvement towards the end... Your comapring Torres being unsettled and Kakuta (Someone that has little to no play time for the club). I don't think we need a new RB and are happy with Ivanovic. Super frank will always be the biggest legend in my eyes, and no one could surpass him. No way Mata is going to be unsettled as he is guarenteed a place in the team. And ramires may not be in the team because he suits a 4-3-3, as opposed to a 4-2-3-1. And torres already has competiton... We also have a guy called Lukaku who we paid a lot of money to be at this club, and Sturriddge who performed well at the start of the season in a position he doesn't like playing. Torres should play better otherwise he will be replaced, i am simply saying we shouldn't go around buying a new highly expensive player everytime they don't play that well. Hazard and Oscar are both amazing talents. And in particluar i can't wait to see Hazard play. I am simply arguing out of the 2, Hulk fits a role as we don't have an out and Right sided winger, whilst providing backup to torres wheras Cavani replaces Torres and still have somewhat of an issue on the right side.

Yeah i will, it is a job first and you still haven't given me an argument not to compare it to a regular job, people working in various department of an organization to make it successful. Kakuta has no playing time for the club yet, but the kid led to us getting banned in the transfer window, which to me is equivalent as the most expensive Chelsea youth ever (so he is the youth Torres imo), he was bought for the future back then, which happens to be now, so he deserves a shot after a good loan spell in France. So if the price tag is going to be branded about for Nando, still dont forget that the 50m didnt lead to a transfer window ban. Ivanovic has no cover now that Bosignwa is gone, except you want to rely on Hutch and Paulo if anything happens to Iva, and also remember he is back up CB as well. I never said Mata was unsettled, i only pointed out that we could have used that argument and not buy Hazard or Oscar(hopefully we get him), two of the best potential in the #10 position, which is Mata's preferred position and it is not like he is not amazing there.

Everybody assumes Ramires doesnt fit a 4-2-3-1 formation, where did you guy get that from?, I cant remember if RDM has tried him there but if so not more than once. Well that argument can be used for Danny, that he cannot lead the line alone, since he was tried there once for us and he was terrible. or why cant we just have faith in him like we do Torres?. We was one of our best players all through last season from both the wing in the 4-2-3-1 and the midfield in a 4-3-3, he was also tried at RB, he showed his versatility and that he can adapt fast to any position on the field and be brilliant at it, but you would rather have faith in the worst player the entire season, because he was coming good toward the end of the season (which were against lesser teams)....Damn!!!!

You guys say Nando was given assurances by Gourlay that he is going to be our main man, but now he suddenly have competition in Lukaku who was bought for the future and

Sturridge who disappeared when it counted, and also have the huge price tag on Torres to compete with, and nobody knows for sure if Danny will live up to his potential or just another above average strike, i really want him to succeed though, that brother has bags of potential.

I am not saying we should go pay another ridiculous amount for a striker. But if CAVANI is going for just 35M, which is a whole lot less than 50M, also less than what Hulk is going for and the same price as Andy Carroll. I will repeat what i said in the Oscar thread, CFC fans should learn to appreciate a steal when they see one.

Yeah i will, it is a job first and you still haven't given me an argument not to compare it to a regular job, people working in various department of an organization to make it successful. Kakuta has no playing time for the club yet, but the kid led to us getting banned in the transfer window, which to me is equivalent as the most expensive Chelsea youth ever (so he is the youth Torres imo), he was bought for the future back then, which happens to be now, so he deserves a shot after a good loan spell in France. So if the price tag is going to be branded about for Nando, still dont forget that the 50m didnt lead to a transfer window ban. Ivanovic has no cover now that Bosignwa is gone, except you want to rely on Hutch and Paulo if anything happens to Iva, and also remember he is back up CB as well. I never said Mata was unsettled, i only pointed out that we could have used that argument and not buy Hazard or Oscar(hopefully we get him), two of the best potential in the #10 position, which is Mata's preferred position and it is not like he is not amazing there.

Everybody assumes Ramires doesnt fit a 4-2-3-1 formation, where did you guy get that from?, I cant remember if RDM has tried him there but if so not more than once. Well that argument can be used for Danny, that he cannot lead the line alone, since he was tried there once for us and he was terrible. or why cant we just have faith in him like we do Torres?. We was one of our best players all through last season from both the wing in the 4-2-3-1 and the midfield in a 4-3-3, he was also tried at RB, he showed his versatility and that he can adapt fast to any position on the field and be brilliant at it, but you would rather have faith in the worst player the entire season, because he was coming good toward the end of the season (which were against lesser teams)....Damn!!!!

You guys say Nando was given assurances by Gourlay that he is going to be our main man, but now he suddenly have competition in Lukaku who was bought for the future and

Sturridge who disappeared when it counted, and also have the huge price tag on Torres to compete with, and nobody knows for sure if Danny will live up to his potential or just another above average strike, i really want him to succeed though, that brother has bags of potential.

I am not saying we should go pay another ridiculous amount for a striker. But if CAVANI is going for just 35M, which is a whole lot less than 50M, also less than what Hulk is going for and the same price as Andy Carroll. I will repeat what i said in the Oscar thread, CFC fans should learn to appreciate a steal when they see one.

Its great that Nando would have competiton from existing players in the club. I have faith that Lukaku has great potential and i would like to see him given a chance and that would be an argument for keeping him and not buying another expensive striker. , and ramires is a box to box midfielder, and watching every game last season, it is clear he is best in a 4-3-3, where we can use his vast stamina. Tackling isn't his strongest point and he isn't a holding midfield player... He won't play over Mata or Hazard at CAM, leaving only the right hand side of the 3, where he can play. That is his best option, but he is more of a central player than a wide midfielder/ winger. Cavani is a great player, but he is not a steal, and you could only define him as being one if he comes here and lights it up. A "steal" was Hernandez at 6 mil, or Mesut Ozil at 16mil or papiss cisse for 8 mil ( who has a 16 mil buy out clause i think). I also love the Hazard signing and really like the oscar signing as they are great players that should hopefully fit in well.

Oh and the job thing... I don't know what you do, but i doubt it entails have millions of people watching your performence, and means you need to be the best in the world at something... Also you make a mistake, and maybe you get told of by your boss, as opposed to having 100's of millions of people talk about it... Yes they get paid a lot for it, i am not debating that i am simply saing it is nothing like a regular job...

Sturridge who disappeared when it counted...

Think that's pretty unfair to Sturridge - when RDM took over the team, he didn't really give Sturridge a chance as he didn't fit his formation. Up until then, Studge had been one of the most consistent performers, admittedly in a shocking performing team.

I think Studge + RDM need to learn to work together, yes Studge is unhappy at not being a 'central' striker - but that's (if managed correctly) a good thing - shows he has self confidence and belief.

I also think RDM didn't help by not playing him, as then Studge tried too hard and tried to be the 'winner' - shooting instead of passing etc.

He is a great talent and just needs managing properly...

As for Cavani - haven't seen enough of him week in/week out to decide - but if it was between him + Hulk - I'd prefer Hulk... :D

EDIT: I don't know why - just like the name Hulk... Hearing a team line-up with the name HULK in it just seems great. I know - not a footballing decision and I'm probably the biggest idiot ever, but Hulk just sounds so CFC :D

Torres+Lukaku+Sturridge=30+ goals

Cavani 30+ goals

Take Torres out of the picture, he's going to be our main striker regardless.

Lukaku rarely played for us last season.

Sturridge played as a RW and was our second highest scorer....

You do know that Hulk is like Sturridge?

Originally a striker but plays as a winger.

He is a versatile player like Ivan, can play two positions very easily.

We are trying to do the same with Sturridge, but his majesty will not have it, and thus rather go to a lower lvl club to fulfill his dream......

Hulk can play striker, but he's a much better player as a RW. Cavani is a much better striker who has proven himself at the highest levels. As for your complaining about Sturridge, yeah, he's so selfish to want to play striker. When Chelsea moved him from RW to LAM ro RAM last season, he flatly refused...right? The anti-Sturridge stuff on this board is ridiculous.

Its great that Nando would have competiton from existing players in the club. I have faith that Lukaku has great potential and i would like to see him given a chance and that would be an argument for keeping him and not buying another expensive striker. , and ramires is a box to box midfielder, and watching every game last season, it is clear he is best in a 4-3-3, where we can use his vast stamina. Tackling isn't his strongest point and he isn't a holding midfield player... He won't play over Mata or Hazard at CAM, leaving only the right hand side of the 3, where he can play. That is his best option, but he is more of a central player than a wide midfielder/ winger. Cavani is a great player, but he is not a steal, and you could only define him as being one if he comes here and lights it up. A "steal" was Hernandez at 6 mil, or Mesut Ozil at 16mil or papiss cisse for 8 mil ( who has a 16 mil buy out clause i think). I also love the Hazard signing and really like the oscar signing as they are great players that should hopefully fit in well.

Oh and the job thing... I don't know what you do, but i doubt it entails have millions of people watching your performence, and means you need to be the best in the world at something... Also you make a mistake, and maybe you get told of by your boss, as opposed to having 100's of millions of people talk about it... Yes they get paid a lot for it, i am not debating that i am simply saing it is nothing like a regular job...

I just would not trust going into a season with a past it nando and i honestly do not believe that Lukaku and Sturridge are at the level right now to be a first choice striker if Torres doesnt turn up. Right now, there are people who are arguing that Torres is better than them two, that just says it all. Torres as he is right now, is not good enough for to be first choice striker until he shows otherwise, you can talk about runs and link up play all you want, strikers who score goals do those too.

It seems like you are not getting my Mata argument, let me see if i can be clearer. The idea that we shouldn't buy Cavani for 35M, because it will unsettle Torres whom we bought for 50M and has thus he will loose his confidence and not come good is ridiculous and a double standard, because we could have used it for Mata as a reason not to get either Hazard or KDB or Marin and maybe the return of Kakuta, and now Oscar as well. Mata likes to either play either in the whole or LW, Everybody we just bought this window including Kakuta are either wingers or likes to play in the hole. But we are not bother about Mata getting benched or losing his confidence? Why? Because he is the best in his position, why cant we use the same argument for Torres?, because he is shit at his job we have to look for every other excuse on the planet. And you cannot say Cavani is not a steal using your argument also "judge him when he leaves" . And i believe and have faith in Ramires to adapt to be to double pivot role as he has shown he is versatile enough to do it, and until he has be tried there and he proves me otherwise i wouldnt stop believing that there is any position he cannot own.

Can you please tell me an elite striker that has gone for a steal of late, because Hernadez dont count, he is just an above average striker and a steal for 8m i must admit and Cisse has been good for only half a season please dont rush into judgement or you might be mistaken scumpool found out with Carroll, not saying he will turn out like that but we shouldnt be too rush to judge, do you know how much it will cost to get him from Newcastle? , also they are both not in the same category as the Drogba's, Rooney, Aguero, Balotelli, Benzema, Higuain, Van Persie, Cavani, Falcao and Ibrahimovic of this world, and can you tell me how much any of those strikers cost again?.

Torres is currently not the best in the world and as such, doent deserve his job and fat pay check, and he is also gonna be a scouser to me, until he shows he is worth his weekly pay check. I never said it was a regular job, but you dont need to forget it is a job and a business first to even the players sometime, and they show it all the time in their contract negotiations and wage demand, so they should do their job right either they are criticized by 100million people or not, was he not shown he job description?, every little boy that aspires to be a athlete or footballer knows it comes with fan girls and scrutiny, it is part of the job and like it that way. if he didnt want to be scrutinized by 100million people, he should have gotten a job that doesnt require that.

Next summer he would be going for some ridiculous price probably and they will smell desperation from us. Also i feel it is hypocritical that fans were okay with getting a striker to challenge Didier; Sheva, Crespo, Anelka and our very own 50m fan girl club president. But when it comes to Torres there is always some excuse why we should not get a top striker to challenge Torres who was our worst player last season

Imagine him running like towards Villas Boas in our sexy shirt after scoring a match winner :D

Edinson-Cavani-Celebrate-Goal.jpg

Oh maan if it was a scoring of 3/4-0 against arsenal, united, spuds or city I would be begging for him to do that celebration with so much fire and spirit as possible. I say get him, we should be optimistic in that there can be a balance and harmony in playing him and/or Torres.

Where you getting 4 strikers?

We got 2 atm.

Although I agree buying Hulk would be the wiser of the choice for the price they are both going, giving that he can fill 2 roles.

Torres, Lukaka and Sturridge ( he has always been a striker.

If we sign Cavani that's 4 fighting for one place. What's the point in that?

Besides we have squad limitations for most competitions of 25, of which x amount must be comprised from HG talent. People seem to offer this when they talk about buying new talent.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You