Edinson Cavani

CFC58

You're still not explaining WHY we cant have Sturridge as 2nd striker. What about him isnt good enough? Would you care to explain that. Because i really dont get it.

I already did, but if you don't get it there is nothing I can do.

I already did, but if you don't get it there is nothing I can do.

No you didnt. You said things like "no big club will have sturridge as main or second striker"

And those are just comments made by you with no reasoning what so ever... IF you claim something, then explain WHY. Else theres no need for you to be on this forum.

No you didnt. You said things like "no big club will have sturridge as main or second striker"

And those are just comments made by you with no reasoning what so ever... IF you claim something, then explain WHY. Else theres no need for you to be on this forum.

I gave more then one reason, but ok if you believe that a flop like Torres and a striker/winger like Sturridge should be our only hope as striker for CL and PL glory, then good luck to you sir.

I gave more then one reason, but ok if you believe that a flop like Torres and a striker/winger like Sturridge should be our only hope as striker for CL and PL glory, then good luck to you sir.

Since you cannot see the potential in Torres and Sturridge with the likes of Mata, Hazard and possibly Hulk behind and around them, there is no reason to discuss with you. As I previousley said, obviousley blinded...

Since you cannot see the potential in Torres and Sturridge with the likes of Mata, Hazard and possibly Hulk behind and around them, there is no reason to discuss with you. As I previousley said, obviousley blinded...

If we get Hulk then we are good. So yes end of discussion.

50 mill is too much, yet it happen.

Don't underestimate the power that control this club.

And Lukaku should not be counted for any type of action for quite a while. He was bought for the future....a time frame of a couple of seasons.

So it's only Torres and Sturridge, and for a team that wants to challenge for so many tittles that strike force is just unacceptable!

£50m happened yes. We've already spent enough this summer imo and we should be buying a striker who's not valued so stupidly. Torres happened, doesn't mean we need to spend another £35m. I'll be excited if he came but i don't want to see Torres get ousted (don't start a Torres has been shit debate, WE KNOW! but i'm just saying). He seems to be getting back somewhere near his best. He'll get chances galore next season. A signing of Cavani's stature is the last thing he needs. We have Torres, Sturridge and Lukaku. Maybe a decent striker is needed who aint gonna cost the world.

this better not fuking go through, we dont need him!! if this goes through then this is all time dumbest tranfer in CFC's history, and im serious how do you spend 50mil on ONE, ONE single player who makes you change your whole team's outlook to try and get best out of him and then buy a world class replacement!?!?!?!? i mean first off he is expensive as hell (Cavani) and what makes me even angrier is the fact that people on here think a system 4-2-3-1 needs two, top-teir, ultra expensive, 99 overall, subline forwards, that are not dynamic at all! (if one was a capable winger or CAM then you have an arguable point.) but cavani and torres!?

when we played 433, how many strikers did we use....2 (drogba and anelka). and anelka was positioned on RW aswell, he did wonders there AND played ST role when we switched to 41212 and when DDA needed rest. notice he played in ST role when it was a formation calling for 2 strikers. there was no cry for us to buy rooney, klose, henry, or torres during 433. we had 2 capable strikers with one that was capable and producing at the rw. buying torres was a shock, we all know that, a panic buy and suddenly a lot of people believe the 'LUXURY' we had in arguably 2 of top 5 striker in world is now a neccesity?! also notice 'luxury' did it really work out you guys? buying cavani and torres is the most idiodic thing i've heard in all honestly, do we play like manu (442), newcastle (442), everton(442),liverpool(4411), with two strikers?! no, so our second choice has to accept 2nd fidle AND play other role and studge fits that bill. (does he like rw, no but he CAN play there). tell me where cavani and torres fit in our 4231 formation..............oh wait one is supposed to accpet 2nd fidle right on the bench with no other position to play? so which one is it the 50mill man or 35+ mill man? is cavani who was vocal point in napoli's attack playing everygame supposed to accept 20-30 games max? or torres our 50 mill man 20-30 games max?

can you honestly sit there with a straight face and tell me that yes this is supposed to work and if so explain beczause we're in 4231 and last time i checked the 1 was for 1 striker not 2.

lets look at bayern, they play exact 4231, whose there 1 gomez, who starts virtually every game like our drogba. whose their 2nd fidle, muller. who plays what.....................cam and rw just like our anelka. he doesnt just sit on bench waiting for his 20-25 game limit at CF, he plays in OTHER position and when gomez needs rest/banged up there he is to fill in.

if we look at arsenal, giroud will be starting ST, (when RVP leaves) and where does podolski play? on lw and in the event of injury/reest he can fill in for giroud up top. he doesnt wait for his small cameos and sit on bench waiting for giroud to get injured/rest.

all im saying is that 4231, 433 dont REQUIRE two amazing SOLE strikers. you need one aswell as another one who plays different positions. and also a young one, like we have in lukaku, or a squad player like bayern in olic who can play 5 games and be content. so lets stop with "we need drogba replacement" or "studge isnt capable backup we need 'decent' backup like cavani" cavani is not decent he is world class. and if you look at our targets in hulk, schurrle, jovetic, they are FLEXIBLE enough to play rw/lw AND play ST role. only thing is we already have one in studge that the board dont seem content with while i myself am.

I cannot believe some of the stuff i am reading, any one who doesn't want Cavani at this club must be on crack.

As much as i would love to see Torres come good and bang in the goals there is no guarentee it will happen, we decided against signing Falcao last summer on the off chance Torres will come good and it backfired, lets not make this same mistake again.

If Torres really want's to show the fans he is back, then he will relish the competition Cavani would bring, you never know they might end up building a partnership, like the forward version of Duff and Robben (Robben's arrival supposedly spelt the end for Duff).

But the main point is Cavani is world class, for my money the best forward on this planet, if he is available there is no way on earth we can let the opportunity slide on the off chance Torres will come good, absolutely no way.

Plus Cavani is the closest Europe is likely to get to Didier Drogba for a long time.

its not that he isnt class, he is and we know all about him, but we put 50 mill into nando, we ALL know here about how nando acts when there is competition, i understand that we shouldnt just build to his demands, but to his credit he has really picked it up the last few months under di Matteo and then euros, we have to let him play AT LEAST half the season out and have studge as our backup, I know cavanis value will go up by then and we might end up shelling out a lot, but we have a good enough team that even wthout our strikers firing, we can maintain a 4th spot and pay a heavier price in the january transfer window. May I remind, Torres was the best cf in england from 07-10 world cup, when he got injured, let him at least try to make it thru a peaceful pre-seaso w/o the transfer distraction

People constantly saying this would unsettle Fernando and that he'd puss out and withdraw into his turtle shell again if we brought in another top striker.

What if it had the opposite effect and made him more confident? He could take more chances and risks knowing he doesn't have to be the one shouldering the load up front on his own. He may flourish with a Cavani or Falcao partnered with him and it could alleviate some of the immense pressure that his transfer fee has on him.

The point im trying to make is, if we want to be succesful home or abroad we need a forward that will terrify United, City, Madrid, Bayern, Barca etc.

Sturridge (im pro Danny btw) doesn't, Torres may have in the past but doesn't anymore, Cavani will be that forward. Pique will be shit scared of facing Cavani like he was Drogba, the other two won't worry him.

People constantly saying this would unsettle Fernando and that he'd puss out and withdraw into his turtle shell again if we brought in another top striker.

What if it had the opposite effect and made him more confident? He could take more chances and risks knowing he doesn't have to be the one shouldering the load up front on his own. He may flourish with a Cavani or Falcao partnered with him and it could alleviate some of the immense pressure that his transfer fee has on him.

It would finish Torres as Chelsea's number 1 striker. No way around that really. Cavani is better, younger, more confident, and in better form. (And the Torres improved his form under RDM is just nonsense. He had 4 good games under RDM, Benfica, Leicester, QPR, and Villa. The rest of his games where the same lack of production and quality as usual.)

It would finish Torres as Chelsea's number 1 striker. No way around that really. Cavani is better, younger, more confident, and in better form. (And the Torres improved his form under RDM is just nonsense. He had 4 good games under RDM, Benfica, Leicester, QPR, and Villa. The rest of his games where the same lack of production and quality as usual.)

Yeah, I'm not really a Torres slappy and I'd feel bad if he struggles again, but I just won't feel super confident if we went into the season with only him and Sturridge as our options up front.

Its sad to say, but I think the only way Cavani can be brought in is if Sturridge is shipped to a club like Spuds or Liverpool who are willing to pay large fee's and are desperate for a player in his mold. We could use that cash to partially fund Cavani/Falcao/whoever.

If we bought Oscar like reported (or are going to buy) we really dont need another AM/Winger type, so if we want to bring in another goal scorer, Id prefer another striker like Cavani over Hulk. Most elite teams have 2 quality strikers at least, and Sturridge can rotate between RAM/RW and ST as well and loan out Lukaku.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You