Edinson Cavani

CFC58

atm we have Torres,,,, a very raw Lukaku ...and Danny who had a poor end to last season....

Read between the lines. We have three strikers and I've posted this in a Cavani thread! ?

City have Tevez, Balotelli, Aguero, and Dzeko. United have Rooney, Welbeck, Berbatov, and Chicharito.

In other words, people who are saying we're "set" at striker with Torres, a talented but flawed Sturridge, and a 19 year old who has next to ZERO Premier League experience, are simply wrong.

With Lukaku almost certainly going out on loan, I think we'll almost certainly bring another goal scoring forward in.

City and United typically start with two out of the four strikers in there starting eleven. I doubt this is our intention given the number of attacking midfielders in the current squad.

If we have an additional striker like

Cavani you can kiss goodbye to Lukaka and Sturridge as they would be wanting regular first team football.

Torres, Lukaka and Sturridge ( he has always been a striker.

If we sign Cavani that's 4 fighting for one place. What's the point in that?

Besides we have squad limitations for most competitions of 25, of which x amount must be comprised from HG talent. People seem to offer this when they talk about buying new talent.

Lukaku a player that was bought for the future, counted as worthy enough to be with the starting team.

God help us!

City have Tevez, Balotelli, Aguero, and Dzeko. United have Rooney, Welbeck, Berbatov, and Chicharito.

In other words, people who are saying we're "set" at striker with Torres, a talented but flawed Sturridge, and a 19 year old who has next to ZERO Premier League experience, are simply wrong.

With Lukaku almost certainly going out on loan, I think we'll almost certainly bring another goal scoring forward in.

but they play with TWO STRIKERS!! 442 notice 2 means two strikers. in 433 you need two strikers with other one being able to play other position, and we have that in studge as second option. cavani can/will only come here if TORRES is sent packing end off.

City and United typically start with two out of the four strikers in there starting eleven. I doubt this is our intention given the number of attacking midfielders in the current squad.

If we have an additional striker like

Cavani you can kiss goodbye to Lukaka and Sturridge as they would be wanting regular first team football.

totaly fukin agree, this isnt FIFA where torres and cavani switch alternate between ONE striker formation. idiots on here thinkin we playy 442 like city and man u screamin for cavani are total knobheads. unless you mention shipping torres God help you......

I just would not trust going into a season with a past it nando and i honestly do not believe that Lukaku and Sturridge are at the level right now to be a first choice striker if Torres doesnt turn up. Right now, there are people who are arguing that Torres is better than them two, that just says it all. Torres as he is right now, is not good enough for to be first choice striker until he shows otherwise, you can talk about runs and link up play all you want, strikers who score goals do those too.

It seems like you are not getting my Mata argument, let me see if i can be clearer. The idea that we shouldn't buy Cavani for 35M, because it will unsettle Torres whom we bought for 50M and has thus he will loose his confidence and not come good is ridiculous and a double standard, because we could have used it for Mata as a reason not to get either Hazard or KDB or Marin and maybe the return of Kakuta, and now Oscar as well. Mata likes to either play either in the whole or LW, Everybody we just bought this window including Kakuta are either wingers or likes to play in the hole. But we are not bother about Mata getting benched or losing his confidence? Why? Because he is the best in his position, why cant we use the same argument for Torres?, because he is shit at his job we have to look for every other excuse on the planet. And you cannot say Cavani is not a steal using your argument also "judge him when he leaves" . And i believe and have faith in Ramires to adapt to be to double pivot role as he has shown he is versatile enough to do it, and until he has be tried there and he proves me otherwise i wouldnt stop believing that there is any position he cannot own.

Can you please tell me an elite striker that has gone for a steal of late, because Hernadez dont count, he is just an above average striker and a steal for 8m i must admit and Cisse has been good for only half a season please dont rush into judgement or you might be mistaken scumpool found out with Carroll, not saying he will turn out like that but we shouldnt be too rush to judge, do you know how much it will cost to get him from Newcastle? , also they are both not in the same category as the Drogba's, Rooney, Aguero, Balotelli, Benzema, Higuain, Van Persie, Cavani, Falcao and Ibrahimovic of this world, and can you tell me how much any of those strikers cost again?.

Torres is currently not the best in the world and as such, doent deserve his job and fat pay check, and he is also gonna be a scouser to me, until he shows he is worth his weekly pay check. I never said it was a regular job, but you dont need to forget it is a job and a business first to even the players sometime, and they show it all the time in their contract negotiations and wage demand, so they should do their job right either they are criticized by 100million people or not, was he not shown he job description?, every little boy that aspires to be a athlete or footballer knows it comes with fan girls and scrutiny, it is part of the job and like it that way. if he didnt want to be scrutinized by 100million people, he should have gotten a job that doesnt require that.

Didier Drogba cost us 24 million, and i am really not going to go through every other striker, also out of the ones you mentioned i rate Cavani as being the third "worst" out of that list, yes he is still an amazing striker. I understand your Mata argument, but whoever we brought in, unless we went crazy buying the Ozil's of this world, he wasn't gonna lose his place in the starting XI, unless for some reason which is highly unlikely he doesn't perform then could come under threat.

I think we should just agree to disagree, you want to see Cavani brought in to replace torres, and i would rather see us go with torres, as lot of the great midfield we have brought in has been done so to help torres ( or whoever the striker is) and he has a great link with players like mata. I think we have 3 strikers which is enough and that they are good enough... We will soon see what happens. :)

Didier Drogba cost us 24 million, and i am really not going to go through every other striker, also out of the ones you mentioned i rate Cavani as being the third "worst" out of that list, yes he is still an amazing striker. I understand your Mata argument, but whoever we brought in, unless we went crazy buying the Ozil's of this world, he wasn't gonna lose his place in the starting XI, unless for some reason which is highly unlikely he doesn't perform then could come under threat.

I think we should just agree to disagree, you want to see Cavani brought in to replace torres, and i would rather see us go with torres, as lot of the great midfield we have brought in has been done so to help torres ( or whoever the striker is) and he has a great link with players like mata. I think we have 3 strikers which is enough and that they are good enough... We will soon see what happens. :)

Third worst on that list, is not really too bad....Yeah bro, we are just gonna agree to disagree on this one. My problem with Torres is that i was one of those screaming for a full season before judging him, i was also one of those that was excited about Mata coming in to provide the assists for Nando, and Mata ended creating for everyone but Torres refused to scored his, then it was if Drogba leave for ACON he will get his confidence back and will flourish, well we know what happened panned out. I am just done with making up excuses for him and getting my hopes up and excited whenever he makes a good touch or play, that is what i watch our youngsters and youth team football for.

Third worst on that list, is not really too bad....Yeah bro, we are just gonna agree to disagree on this one. My problem with Torres is that i was one of those screaming for a full season before judging him, i was also one of those that was excited about Mata coming in to provide the assists for Nando, and Mata ended creating for everyone but Torres refused to scored his, then it was if Drogba leave for ACON he will get his confidence back and will flourish, well we know what happened panned out. I am just done with making up excuses for him and getting my hopes up and excited whenever he makes a good touch or play, that is what i watch our youngsters and youth team football for.

Oh i understand your argument, and in many ways its made up of far better logic, i too went in to every game, thinking this would be the one he did it and in the end there were only a few of those games, i just want to give him one more season or at least til January to see how he does, whilst knowing he will start and be our number 1 choice, with the improved supply line. Just my opinion... And this forum would be pretty boring if we all just agreed on everything... :)

If he is truly valued at £35m then I say we should bite Napoli board's hand off. If we want to compete with the top clubs next year, we will need to have someone who genuinely can score goals on a regular basis and who has a big presence up front. And we, currently, do not have that kind of player. Didier isn't here anymore to save our ass. Lukaku is as raw as the Pacific ocean is vast. He has a long way in front of him to be important to this club. He first needs to dramatically improve his technic, for instance. He should be sent out on loan, he is not good enough at the moment, nor he should be wasted on the bench. Sturridge, as a lone striker will only work depending on the playing style we would adopt. And even then, he won't single handed carry us. And as for Torres... Don't even get me started. I'll only say this : he is average and we shouldn't build castle in the air such as "this year is his year, he will recapture his Caveland form".

Edison Cavani is a player who will significantly improve the level of our squad, and we will be endowed with a top striker in our ranks. Therefore, into my eyes, if his selling price is circa £35m, we should go all out to sign him.

Agreed 100% but only problem is we're stuck with Nando. No point keeping him if we got Cavani for silly money to lead our attacking line but I don't see us offloading Torres so easily.

There are some big fucking posts in this thread.

Do I want Cavani at Chelsea? Yes

Does Chelsea need Cavani? Maybe

Is there room for Cavani? not really

I don't really want another Torres and Drogba situation where every few months the managers sees if they can be played in the same formation.

Agreed 100% but only problem is we're stuck with Nando. No point keeping him if we got Cavani for silly money to lead our attacking line but I don't see us offloading Torres that easily.

We could offload him easily, it's the price that would be the problem. Then again has money ever been a problem since Roman began his Empire!

Yeah lets not sign the best forward in world football on the off chance a player who has played shite for 2 years comes good :doh:

We might aswell offer Bolton £20m plus Hazard for N Gog while were at it, you never know he might show a few glimpses as to why Rafa signed him for Liverpool in the first place.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You