Graham Potter Thread

ZAPHOD2319

2 minutes ago, Vesper said:

ccd8ac6e42cb7cc02c9526145ccc7989.png

trolling action by you yet again, as usual, displaying shocking ignorance

do you even have the slightest clue of Potter's background??

9054ef01cd714e45454bb3d51a1b6995.png

Why are you showing some stint at some Icelandic pub team like that qualifies you for the Chelsea job 

1 minute ago, lucio said:

Why are you showing some stint at some Icelandic pub team like that qualifies you for the Chelsea job 

you do not even know basic geography, cleverclogs

Sweden is NOT Iceland 

pure trolling and wuthless comments based off an obviously limited knowledge of football is all that is ever on offer from you

since I joined almost 5 years ago all you go is come on, mostly after losses, and toss bollocks about

zero constructive posts, just whingey dross

4 minutes ago, Vesper said:

you do not even know basic geography, cleverclogs

Sweden is NOT Iceland 

pure trolling and wuthless comments based off an obviously limited knowledge of football is all that is ever on offer from you

since I joined almost 5 years ago all you go is come on, mostly after losses, and toss bollocks about

zero constructive posts, just whingey dross

Obviously it’s in Sweden, I was just being dismissive.

you are quick to get personal and act like you own the place and know everything about football, which isn’t that important anyways. 

suggesting a change in management is literally constructive, not like I’m saying “Chelsea are shit” then logging off 

9 minutes ago, Hermione said:

Yeah it's his fault De Ligt, Raphinha or Dembele aren't here, so many trolls on here. Absolutely embarassing how some are putting Tuchel down just to defend Potter. Some of you didn't deserve that CL joy nor all these finals he reached but don't worry doesn't look like Potter will get us to any final anytime soon.

Nice too see you still have Your knickers in a twist because you didn't get what you wanted. 

Just now, lucio said:

you are quick to get personal and act like you own the place and know everything about football, which isn’t that important anyways. 

no, I just think you have been a consistent troll for 5 years

not my problem you do not like to be called out m8

Just now, Vesper said:

I have had almost zero issues with anyone on this board for ages

and the worst argy bargy I got into others with was mostly over politics, not football

4 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I’m not a troll , I don’t constantly call players xyz shit like some people 

Some of the so called fans on this forum need a fucking wake up call and stop acting like spoilt brats, club in transition new owner new manager and a team that isn't worth a wank, best RWB in the world possibly is out with a knee injury our best LWB is also out, our best DMF out, best keeper out, our 2 new CBs injured. Sick of hearing stop putting trust in these same shit players, ppls memory is short here l!! Pulisic was blasted every season for been shit now ppl think he's the answer, Zak had 1 good game in Europe NOT the PL yet. You don't want jorgi auba havertz mount cuca azi RLC sterling starting or even playing! Am sorry am I missing the fucking revolving pit of players we have to choose from!! Broja cmon he's ok but haven't seen anything from him that even warrants getting subbed on for. Arsenal have done exactly what we need to do which is build from nothing, that you saw today was the result of something some of you idiots aren't even willing to give a chance. Do you really think that a complete overhaul of this club would happen in days cmon surely some of you ain't that thick, any proper Chelsea fan knows that this club needs massive reform in ever aspect and if we miss out on top four for 1 season so be it, changing the manager now does nothing, Jesus himself wouldn't be able to perform miracles with what we have 

8 minutes ago, YorkshireBlue said:

Some of the so called fans on this forum need a fucking wake up call and stop acting like spoilt brats, club in transition new owner new manager and a team that isn't worth a wank, 

Then why did we sack managers who got this squad that "isn't worth a wank" top four?

8 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Then why did we sack managers who got this squad that "isn't worth a wank" top four?

New owners wanted their own man, this is no different then any take over of any company, any take over normally means old mangers/big wigs out and they bring there own in. TT and TB didn't get on that is clear TT didn't spend 3 billion on the club, so rather than starting with a negative atmosphere they got rid. Abit like Newcastle and howe. Alot of people forget that football is a business first and foremost.although the CL win under TT was great, it masked so many problems and tinted alot of fans vision.

Edited by YorkshireBlue

12 minutes ago, Hermione said:

Isn't that things work with managers wanting players. He wanted these got alternatives, stop spewing shit the squad is worse because of him when we have no way of telling if his first targets would've hit the ground running or not as Boehly delivered mostly alternatives. He made a couple mistakes in the transfer market for sure but blaming him for the squad being worse when he didn't get 2/3 of the players is embarrassing.

Didn't all these players go to what's seen as bigger clubs? Chelsea doesn't have the pull BM or Barcelona have and it never will.  Are we forgetting players before Todd, KK Sandro for example but got the likes of Barkley Drinkwater bakayoko.

Edited by YorkshireBlue

2 minutes ago, YorkshireBlue said:

Didn't all these players go to what's seen as bigger clubs? Chelsea doesn't have the pull BM or Barcelona have and it never will.  Are we forgetting players before Todd, KK Sandro for example 

Borussia Mönchengladbach is reall that appealing?? 🙂

Regarding patience it's all well and good if the end product is something you want to see, I staunchly defended Sarri because I believed in the potential end product.

Let's put it another way, if an artist was drawing me a painting tells me it will take a while but it's going to be a painting of the Naples sunset I'll be patient, if it's going to be Rafa Benitez naked I'll confiscate his brush and get him blacklisted.

If Potter wants us to give him time, he has to show something that makes us think it could be worthwhile.

3 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Regarding patience it's all well and good if the end product is something you want to see, I staunchly defended Sarri because I believed in the potential end product.

Let's put it another way, if an artist was drawing me a painting tells me it will take a while but it's going to be a painting of the Naples sunset I'll be patient, if it's going to be Rafa Benitez naked I'll confiscate his brush and get him blacklisted.

If Potter wants us to give him time, he has to show something that makes us think it could be worthwhile.

If he can get players of calibre that should be at this club to play the way he got Brighton to play it will be a work of art.

Edited by YorkshireBlue

The amount that has been invested into Potter, he's not going to be moved on anytime soon. At the absolute very least he'll be given this season and unless things completely bottomed out, I expect him to be given next season too with a full pre-season and summer transfer window to work with.

Make no mistake though, Potter, Tuchel, whomever, this squad has got noticeable worse in recent years as we've slipped further and further behind teams in title challenges. The likes of Courtois, Fabregas, Hazard, Diego Costa and Matic were not adequately replaced. Even the likes of Pedro and Willian weren't either. We allowed Rudiger to leave and have not answered the questions regarding how to replace Kante despite his inability to stay fit in recent seasons. We now have a similar issue with James and Chilwell.

We have finished top 4 for the last 4 years, but it's been completed in a rather unconvincing manner. The Champions League win really has papered over a lot of cracks rather than a justification on the squad as a whole.

At least the new ownership has been able to identify that the recruitment in recent seasons has been not good enough and in time, hopefully the steps they are making will show a difference to a more well thought, joined up recruitment process where we can start finding value in the market. 

For Potter he desperately needs to find some consistency in his line ups. At present it feels far too much like he's trying to keep players fresh and included but ultimately the regular rotation (not just with personnel but with systems) is not helping matters. This break requires him to sit down and assess everyone within the squad - who can he rely on, where might we need to recruit, etc. I'm definitely willing to give him time, and it's something he should be afforded but he does have to find a formula quickly and start building some momentum after the break because some recent performances have been unacceptable, with the Arsenal game today being the tip.

So who do the 'Potter out' types want?

here is a long list (some are super stretches)

ZZ

Luis Enrique

Poch

Simeone

Didier Deschamps

Hansi Flick

Joachim Löw

Roberto Martínez

Matthias Jaissle

Marcelo Gallardo

Marco Rose

Thomas Frank