Graham Potter Thread

ZAPHOD2319

I said all of this before and was called out for being negative. We aren't winning anything with Potter. We aren't winning anything with Boehly. No top player or manager will want to touch us or our 'vision'.

1 minute ago, Hashishi said:

I said all of this before and was called out for being negative. We aren't winning anything with Potter. We aren't winning anything with Boehly. No top player or manager will want to touch us or our 'vision'.

I think our vison is to be frustrating and also keep the play going backwards!

this whole shitstorm began with the sanctions on the club, it created a chain of events that lead us to this shitshow. God i miss Roman, Cech, Tuchel. The UK government really wanted to destroy Chelsea and they succeeded

The second half performance had shades of that horrible match we played against City in Contes second season. Insipid in attack and defense.

You could see players like Pulisic desperately trying to invent something, but no one was in the right place to even retain possession.

Barely any touches in the opposition 3rd for the majority of the 2nd half. 

I’m going to be real, he looks a bit like a deer in headlights on the touchline. I’ve wanted to give him time and have hoped given said time he’d build a solid team. But the big worry even before he was appointed was whether he can motivate and get buy-in from a team full of superstars. And the evidence thus far is a no.

Though tbf, this is exactly how we looked in the lead up to Tuchel’s sacking so this isn’t all on Potter. 

1 minute ago, Pizy said:

I’m going to be real, he looks a bit like a deer in headlights on the touchline. I’ve wanted to give him time and have hoped given said time he’d build a solid team. But the big worry even before he was appointed was whether he can motivate and get buy-in from a team full of superstars. And the evidence thus far is a no.

Though tbf, this is exactly how we looked in the lead up to Tuchel’s sacking so this isn’t all on Potter. 

Yeah exactly that's the thing. New msnager same old crap play!

I still hope he can somehow turn it around but don't see how as this is every game now. When we play well which is rare that's a one off.

We aren't top 4 that's clear but be nice to finish near ish and not stupidly far behind everyone 

8 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Yeah, the subtle difference is at the time, I didn't doubt TT has a skill and character to turn it around given time and support because well, rough patches are part of this sport, and I guess I wasn't only one. However now, oh weeellll… I'm not so sure.

Funny thing I could find excuses when AVB, Frank or Evil Mou's version were dragging us down, yet now I can't. And it's all on TB btw, can't blame Potter for being the level he is, he didn't hire himself here.

Edited by Vegetable

2 minutes ago, Vegetable said:

Yeah, the subtle difference is at the time, I didn't doubt TT has a skill and character to turn it around given time and support because well, rough patches are part of this sport, and I guess I wasn't only one. However now, oh weeellll… I'm not so sure.

Funny thing I could find excuses when AVB, Frank or Evil Mou's version were dragging us down, yet now I can't.

Yeah, unless we miraculously get all the key injured players back simultaneously and they all hit form at the same time AND we make a couple of big signings I don’t see how Potter turns this around.

We’re rapidly approaching the point where the players just completely down tools and give up. Perhaps if there’s a change soon we can make a lucky CL run or something.

4 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Yeah, unless we miraculously get all the key injured players back simultaneously and they all hit form at the same time AND we make a couple of big signings I don’t see how Potter turns this around.

We’re rapidly approaching the point where the players just completely down tools and give up. Perhaps if there’s a change soon we can make a lucky CL run or something.

They can down tools at the end not with still the half the season to go! It's just not working. Too predictable now and it's not fun to watch. Least Spurs you don't know what you're getting lol with us...

5 minutes ago, TheHulk said:

The scariest thing is Brighton are doing just as good without him so I believe he wasn't the mastermind behind them playing brilliant football, looks like we got the short end of the stick as usual.

Think helped he had built a squad and got them playing in a decent way so someone just needed to keep that going.

Whereas we were going crappy under Tuchel and have now kept that going..

Just said to Sky when they asked for his take on the game right at the beginning “Its a hard earned point” ….. then said we took a step forward against Bournemouth…… Jesus christ.

Honestly, he should be sacked for that. This isn’t Brighton. A hard earned point against the team in the bottom 3 of the league. Embarrassing. His mentality isn’t right for the level in which we should be reaching for.

Edited by OneMoSalah

1 minute ago, OneMoSalah said:

Just said to Sky when they asked for his take on the game right at the beginning “Its a hard earned point” ….. then said we took a step forward against Bournemouth…… Jesus christ.

Honestly, he should be sacked for that. This isn’t Brighton. A hard earned point against the team in the bottom 3 of the league. Embarrassing. His mentality isn’t right for the level in which we should be reaching for.

No doubt the players turned against Tuchel but I think even they know he was a better coach than Potter which is why we hear in press that the players don't like him.

2 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

I mean it was at the end could easily have seen them winning after they scored...but we shouldn't even been in that position! Once we scored it was just back to shitty shit play