Jorginho 
N'Golo Kanté 
Ruben Loftus-Cheek 
Kai Havertz
Hakim Ziyech 
Raheem Sterling  
Christian Pulisic 
Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang 

plus we lost £80m plus in CB's (Rudi and AC) on frees, including 'soul of team' Rudiger

we also completely fucked up and passed on Tchou, who will likely soon be the best DMF on the planet

plus we also have these shit buys still on our books

—    DF    Ghana GHA    Baba Rahman (at Reading until 30 June 2023)
—    DF    France FRA    Malang Sarr (at Monaco until 30 June 2023)
—    MF    France FRA    Tiémoué Bakayoko (at AC Milan until 30 June 2023)
—    FW    Belgium BEL    Romelu Lukaku (at Inter Milan until 30 June 2023)

and we had these shitters (who are finally gone, but were huge busts)

Timo Werner
Emerson
Michy Batshuayi    
Kenedy  
Matt Miazga  
Ross Barkley  
Danny Drinkwater    
Saúl Ñíguez   

It's like the club fell asleep at the wheel over the past several years. The squad hasn't been built and maintained with any kind of vision or common thread. 

10 minutes ago, DDA said:

Everyone turning on Potter already !!!

SMFH.

You're all scumbags.

100% agreed. Genuinely disgusts me. Websites like WAGNH have not even given him a sliver of a chance either. This in a nutshell is why we've been on a consistent slow slide downwards for 10 years now. 

Edited by Mhsc

21 minutes ago, DDA said:

Everyone turning on Potter already !!!

SMFH.

You're all scumbags.

Yes people will turn on him bcos how can a player like Zakaria who put on a match winning performance and scored a goal in the last Chelsea game not even get a few minutes play today. It was so glaring our mid field was weak!!! Potter doesn't have a clue!

Arsenal are doing good now but that's after a very bad season of two with arteta. 

Now not one bad word. 

I will still wait for another season. I don't understand the reaction of people here when this was expected from day one. 

5 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Arsenal are doing good now but that's after a very bad season of two with arteta. 

Now not one bad word. 

I will still wait for another season. I don't understand the reaction of people here when this was expected from day one. 

Tbf didn't expect to be quite so bad. It's like they've just met up for a kick about a few never met each other before. Seems to be no plan apart from go back or hoof it upwards.

While I'm giving Potter more time long term, in the short term it feels like my worst fears are realized.

Back to back poor performances in the league, and the team is in a rut, and he doesnt look to have the pull to get these big egos to turn around.

Not sure if the world cup reset will change it, but for once I'm not complaining about the stupid mid season tournament.

I truly cannot believe ppl turning on Potter already. He barely has any good midfielders or attackers in the squad and some of our best players are injured, and yet you expect him to dominate arguably the best and most consistent team this season so far. 

2 minutes ago, Blue Armour said:

While I'm giving Potter more time long term, in the short term it feels like my worst fears are realized.

Back to back poor performances in the league, and the team is in a rut, and he doesnt look to have the pull to get these big egos to turn around.

Not sure if the world cup reset will change it, but for once I'm not complaining about the stupid mid season tournament.

Nahhh it's a break lol. A welcomed one

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

look at the players we have injured, and the dross we have who are not

I don't disagree but that tax only goes so far.

Even the team we had out today is better than the Leeds and Southampton teams that gave Arsenal a much harder game.

Edited by Tomo

6 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Even the team we had out today is better than the Leeds and Southampton teams that have Arsenal a much harder game.

We got battered by Bournemouth and West Brom/Watford on occasion with elite managers in the past few years. 

This inconsistency and poor mentality is deeply rooted into the players. 

I have a bit of sympathy for Potter due to the massive injuries we have to key players, before those we weren't that bad. And you can't really instill your ideas and tactics to the team coming in mid-season without a proper pre-season. Unless we implode badly, I'm giving this season Potter a pass. I was against his appointment from the beginning, but what's done is done, so we have to now be patient and wait until he's given a fair chance.

41 minutes ago, Laylabelle said:

Tbf didn't expect to be quite so bad. It's like they've just met up for a kick about a few never met each other before. Seems to be no plan apart from go back or hoof it upwards.

I did I mentioned we would go the way of moyes with united. So that's why I don't bother with this season. I will like to see what kind of players we get in January and take it from there. 

Edited by Fernando

You could tell it wasn't going to be smooth Saling when his first game in charge we weren't amazing and carried on. Usually new manager and the first game everyone plays again. Just shows in a way it wasn't a case of not playing for Tuchel etc it's just way they are atm

Edited by Laylabelle

29 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Even the team we had out today is better than the Leeds and Southampton teams that have Arsenal a much harder game.

Precisely.

Wasnt great with TT this season or at times last season but at least we were much more difficult to play against because we would compete. And he could change it up/compete tactically also with the big managers.

City are probably going to put 4 or 5 past us if Haaland plays. 

Foreign managers are ruthless, not afraid to throw people under the bus because they aren’t afraid of telling the truth. Tuchel was even doing this in pre-season. In contrast - British managers aren’t, its going to be a long season. 

I mean did he really say credit to the boys they gave everything after that shite, or something along those lines? 

Edited by OneMoSalah

5 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Precisely.

Wasnt great with TT this season or at times last season but at least we were much more difficult to play against because we would compete. And he could change it up/compete tactically also with the big managers.

City are probably going to put 4 or 5 past us if Haaland plays. 

Foreign managers are ruthless, not afraid to throw people under the bus because they aren’t afraid of telling the truth. Tuchel was even doing this in pre-season. In contrast - British managers aren’t, its going to be a long season. 

I mean did he really say credit to the boys they gave everything after that shite, or something along those lines? 

so you want Poch?