Graham Potter Thread

ZAPHOD2319

The biggest mistake Potter can do is continue to trust these players. Tuchel and Lampard both lost their job because of it, although the latter was just so way out of his element. 

Potter needs to realise before its too late that these players won't reciprocate that trust. Start playing players on merit vs the name on their back. 

24 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Wasnt great with TT this season or at times last season but at least we were much more difficult to play against because we would compete.

How would u assess that?

We scored less under Tuchel this season and conceded more, had a much worse win percentage. Tuchels start to the season was way worse than what we have today. 

21 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

The biggest mistake Potter can do is continue to trust these players. Tuchel and Lampard both lost their job because of it, although the latter was just so way out of his element. 

Potter needs to realise before its too late that these players won't reciprocate that trust. Start playing players on merit vs the name on their back. 

Kepa's case shows he does play them on merit. Problem being there aren't many to choose from at the moment. However I do think he should give more chances to Zakaria, Pulisic (as a winger) and Broja. Starting Auba and Havertz at the moment is a waste of time, hopefully he realizes that soon enough.

Edited by manpe

Just now, lucio said:

True , but the club should have given themselves time to see if he could turn it around / find an actual world class replacement. Firing Him and hiring some basic ass English coach was a disaster 

look at the crazy injuries we have

I refuse to blame Potter when we have

top 5 on the planet LB, RB, and DMF out, Fofana injured as well, plus shit buys and then Marina letting Rudiger go

and piss shitting away €250m or so on CuCu, Sterling, Fofana (so far, I remain convinced he is damaged goods, even before this Chels injury) and a likely rinsed KK

(using euros cuz fucking T Markt stopped with pounds on the UK site, ffs)

4 minutes ago, Gundalf said:

How would u assess that?

We scored less under Tuchel this season and conceded more, had a much worse win percentage. Tuchels start to the season was way worse than what we have today. 

Champions league wins boosting the win % , we’ve gone down the table since the change 

4 minutes ago, Vesper said:

look at the crazy injuries we have

I refuse to blame Potter when we have

top 5 on the planet LB, RB, and DMF out, Fofana injured as well, plus shit buys and then Marina letting Rudiger go

and piss shitting away €250m or so on CuCu, Sterling, Fofana (so far, I remain convinced he is damaged goods, even before this Chels injury) and a likely rinsed KK

(using euros cuz fucking T Markt stopped with pounds on the UK site, ffs)

Tuchel had to deal with similar injury problems. The circumstances aren’t ideal for potter to succeed , but nothing he did in his career merited being given the Chelsea job. Even managers who do even better with small clubs like moyes and Nuno aren’t up to it 

35 minutes ago, Vesper said:

so you want Poch?

No. Thats not what I said. Should never have gotten rid of Tuchel. Thats firmly on Todd Boehlys shoulders as is ultimately how this season goes as hes gambled big time with Potter. 

16 minutes ago, Gundalf said:

How would u assess that?

Are you honestly summing up Tuchel’s whole spell here on his last 6 games? Jesus christ. Why do I even bother.

19 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Are you honestly summing up Tuchel’s whole spell here on his last 6 games? Jesus christ. Why do I even bother.

You are summing up his spell here on 6 games tbh. Knockout stage when we won CL. (Not counting loss against Porto). This is only time he delivered in Chelsea. 

In PL he was average always around 75 points which is only good for top4. Lost every domestic final as well. Football was never good... We did won CWC and Super Cup but against way inferior sides with also not good games. 

15 minutes ago, YorkshireBlue said:

No u wanted TT the guy who failed to sort out our midfield and left this team worse than he got it.

We were a lot better than when he took over from frank 

5 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

You are summing up his spell here on 6 games tbh. Knockout stage when we won CL. (Not counting loss against Porto). This is only time he delivered in Chelsea. 

In PL he was average always around 75 points which is only good for top4. Lost every domestic final as well. Football was never good... We did won CWC and Super Cup but against way inferior sides with also not good games. 

Lost 2x on penalties vs the best side in Europe last year , how dreadful