Graham Potter Thread

ZAPHOD2319

37 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Another player from Brighton in Mac Allister wanted by Arsenal and Spurs. 

Say what you want about Potter, but this looks amazing what Potter and team did at Brighton. 

You can say one player you get lucky, but there's been too many where people want players at Brighton. 

Todd saw this and the work they done hence why he is willing to discard this season. 

I'm definitely impress at the work Potter and team did at Brighton. 

True. They sold Cucurella for good money and coolly replaced him with Estupinan who has been good for them and was good for Ecuador at the WC. 

Of course the question remains can this be replicated at a club like Chelsea? We are stockpiling talents - apparently signing a striker Brighton wanted - but we also need to move on senior players quickly. 

11 minutes ago, Strike said:

but we also need to move on senior players quickly. 

surely most of these will be gone soon, many this summer (or even January for a few) and for sure in 2024

Edouard Mendy or Kepa Arrizabalaga   
Marcus Bettinelli 
Thiago Silva (how much longer will he stay?)
César Azpilicueta
Jorginho 
N'Golo Kanté 
Denis Zakaria  probably
Ruben Loftus-Cheek maybe
Mason Mount    (if his contract situ goes all pear shaped)
Hakim Ziyech
Christian Pulisic 
Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang      
Ethan Ampadu
Abdul-Rahman Baba      
Romelu Lukaku
Malang Sarr  
Callum Hudson-Odoi  maybe
Ian Maatsen
Dujon Sterling
Tino Anjorin
Tiémoué Bakayoko

1 hour ago, Strike said:

True. They sold Cucurella for good money and coolly replaced him with Estupinan who has been good for them and was good for Ecuador at the WC. 

Of course the question remains can this be replicated at a club like Chelsea? We are stockpiling talents - apparently signing a striker Brighton wanted - but we also need to move on senior players quickly. 

We shall see. I see no reason why he can't do it. 

The summer transfer window that passed was so bad, because the owner bought players with having input from Tuchel which later got sacked. So that was one of the dumbest transfer window. 

Hopefully going forward with new team we can do that. And Todd does seems to stick with the men he puts in charge, as he has done the same with the Dodgers. 

While Potter wouldn't have been my first choice (I was happy with Tuchel), but I see what Todd wants and the work that Potter and team did at Brighton was impressive. 

I believe he can do that similar type of work here. Especially if you have an owner that will back you. I mean heck giving Potter a free pass this season is a big proof for me. That would have never happened before. 

Like you I want to get rid of a lot of dead wood and get our team more younger. I believe we will see a nice change this time next year. 

Brighton have no risk, hence why they play these young players they buy for cheap and go straight into the XI. 

Us is a little different, they will have to prove their worth before they play for us. Be it at loan or the development squad. 

4 hours ago, Fernando said:

Another player from Brighton in Mac Allister wanted by Arsenal and Spurs. 

Say what you want about Potter, but this looks amazing what Potter and team did at Brighton. 

You can say one player you get lucky, but there's been too many where people want players at Brighton. 

Todd saw this and the work they done hence why he is willing to discard this season. 

I'm definitely impress at the work Potter and team did at Brighton. 

The question marks over Potter isn't about his coaching, tactically he's one of the best managers in the league.

The big question mark over him is can he adapt his mindset to a club with these type of expectations.

37 minutes ago, Tomo said:

The question marks over Potter isn't about his coaching, tactically he's one of the best managers in the league.

The big question mark over him is can he adapt his mindset to a club with these type of expectations.

Yup he has a track record of building - the demand of instant success may not sit that easily with him. To remedy that, to me, its important hes given time to build. Though whether his Social Science degree in US politics and the EU extends to the mindset of US billionaires is anyones guess.

Next Premier League manager to be sacked: Who is favourite from Everton, Leeds United, West Ham and Chelsea bosses

The six-week wait for the return of the Premier League is almost over – but which managers will be fighting for their futures as soon as the action kicks off?

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/next-premier-league-manager-to-be-sacked-who-is-favourite-from-everton-leeds-united-west-ham-and-Chelsea-bosses-3962149

After a mid-season hiatus for the World Cup in Qatar, the top-flight action begins again on Boxing Day. Frank Lampard is the odds-on favourite to be the next Premier League manager to leave his position.

It has been a tough start to the season for the Toffees who sit one point above the bottom three ahead of their home game with Wolves on Monday. Lampard’s side have won just three of their 15 league games this term and ended the first part of their league campaign with consecutive defeats to Leicester City and Bournemouth.

David Moyes’ position with West Ham is also under threat with the Hammers only above Everton on goal difference. Graham Potter is third favourite to lose his job despite only being appointed at Chelsea in September.

Leeds manager Jesse Marsch eased the pressure on himself with wins over Liverpool and Bournemouth before the World Cup break but a defeat to Tottenham Hotspur left the Whitess just two points clear of the bottom three.

Five managers have been sacked by their respective clubs already this season. Scott Parker was the first casualty as he was dismissed by Bournemouth in August before Chelsea’s surprise sacking of Thomas Tuchel in September.

Bruno Lage and Steven Gerrard were let go by Wolves and Aston Villa respectively in October before Ralph Hasenhuttl was sacked by Southampton at the beginning of November.

Frank Lampard – 8/15

David Moyes – 11/4

Graham Potter – 6/1

Jesse Marsch – 8/1

Steve Cooper – 14/1

Antonio Conte – 16/1

Marco Silva – 33/1

Brendan Rodgers – 33/1

Roberto De Zerbi – 33/1

Jurgen Klopp – 40/1

Thomas Frank40/1

Patrick Vieira – 40/1

Erik ten Hag – 66/1

Unai Emery – 66/1

Eddie Howe – 100/1

Mikel Arteta – 100/1

Pep Guardiola – 250/1

all else aside

we have dropped 10 to 13  inexcusable points both under Tuchel and Potter

the 2 loses to Leeds (3 nil, yikes) and Southampton (both the those were true WTF! games under Tuchel)

plus the Brentford draw (like 6 or 7 sitter's missed)

the Man U choke draw (Casemiro, 94th minute)

and that robbery draw v Spuds (the CuCu hair pull slam game)

and we should have drawn with NUFC, not lost

we should probably be on 37 points

And even if you say, well we will accept losing to NUFC instead of a draw and will accept the Brentford draw (the Spuds and Manure draws were a pure robbery for one, and pure choke for the other), it's still 10 points dropped

those 10 points would have put us at 34 (one point behind Citeh one even games played, and in clear 3rd place, 1 point above NUFC (and we have a game in hand), and 5 above Spuds (with a game in hand for us), and 6 above Manure (on even games), and nine above Pool, on even games played

the rest of the points we dropped (the 2 other losses were to Arse and that hiding Brighton gave us) I can accept (to a small degree, lol, that Brighton games was just one of those things, and they are a solid club)

Should be sacked on that second half performance alone. We always somehow look a man down, played so bad and clearly had no plan at all against an extremely poor Notts team. 90mins+ and passing it between our CBs. Incredibly poor.

Its a shame but nothing has changed! Could've stuck with Tuchel...Potter did well with Brighton but it was always a risk and a dumb move and it hasn't paid off. Hasn't helped our players are pretty shite but then he picks and trains soooo

Not even halfway through the season yet!