The Mourinho Thread

Our youth will never get the chance to play in the first team. We should of kept Di Matteo or AvB...but our board only cares about short term success...hence why we are continuously screwing up this season.

I dont get why the board can't hire a young talented manager and give him the freedom to do things his own way over a 2 year period.

No wonder why Guardiola chose Bayern...rather than Chelsea or AC Milan..

The Board is our problem. Getting rid of AVB was necessary as he was literally ruining this club, but RDM's treatment was unjust as he was truly the one to lead us forward.

As of now, there is really nothing to look forward to if the board and Roman continue on with these actions. Success is one thing, but tradition, stability, and home grown youth is a truly beautiful aspect.

The Sun

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4777341/Jose-Mourinho-wants-Chelsea-return.html

Daily Mail

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2272975/Jose-Mourinho-latest-Chelsea-start-court-manager.html

Unreliable, but still good news. It's obvious he wants to come back to England, but I don't think my heart could take it if he ever went to City or United.

It's my wildest dream to see Jose back at the Bridge. We have a chance to bring him and I believe we should do our utmost best to fucking do it! Now or in the summer, I won't object either, but imo it would be better in the summer.

Still, if we were going to sack Rafa, Jose is definitely a man to make us survive in the top4 'til the end.

I just read that same story. Although it's not the real news we've been waiting for today - in a way - it is even better.

Gives me something to at least smile & dream about this week before we're kicked back into reality with whatever dire fate awaits us at the Bridge on Saturday...

I want to believe anything regarding a return by Jose but those 2 "news outlets" are running a complete non story. No quotes, nothing but guess work.

Indeed! Mourinho coming back here would be massive and imo just what we need with this team!

But, too many false (non) stories could destabilize us even more. Players read the papers too, I fear.

I would love a 'clean cut' now instead of a promise/vague maybe for the summer (we are playing for a CL spot NOW - consider revenue, ffp and the need to get on track asap). Just sack Rafa and get Mourinho on board. Give him space and autonomy to work.

I am sooooo hoping for this scenario. For now I ope the Sun is indeed right!

Jose has said many times about how he regrets only managing in England for 3 years but I have a funny feeling he wants SAF's job more than Benitez's. Yet again I think Guardiola went to Bayern to wait as he also wants Fergie's job and I think United will go for Guardiola due to his 14 trophies in 4 years at Barca compared to however many Mourinho has in his last 4 years. Well if all goes well at Bayern they will, I think thats probably why he signed a 3 year deal because SAF is meant to be retiring in 2015 or so the rumors say so if hes got one year on his contract left it won't cost United a lot of compensation or he could just resign.