The Mourinho Thread

bringing jose back in would mean roman admits he was wrong in sacking him. do you really see the high and mighty admitting something like that? i hope i'm wrong.

Couldn't you say that every sacking Roman has made is him admitting he got the hiring wrong? ^_^

I was against the idea of Jose coming back but it might be perfect considering where both he and Chelsea are at the moment. Unless he fancies a go in Paris I don't see many other leagues that would be attractive to him and the only other job possibly open in Summer is Man City.

Don't quite know what that would mean for Emenalo though.

Whispers getting louder by the day....I like this. He's surely going to get sacked at Real in the summer or even before the summer if United or Barca do a proper job on Real.

Mourinho can take this squad to another level

I was all for Mourinho coming back but seeing Madrid this year, the trouble that always seems to surround him and his relationship with Jorge Mendes then I have my doubts. It will only end in tears. For Real Madrid to be third and that far behind Barcelona is an absolute joke. It's practically a two team league. There's no way Mourinho can justify being that far behind.

Besides they say you should never go back. I tried to get back together once with an ex-girlfriend and it was a total disaster. :clown:

So I'm in the no camp when it comes to Jose.

I know Emenalo gets lumped in with 'the board' but I'm not entirely sure he should be sacked. If you accept that we need a DoF then he's not a bad choice, especially from the point of view of a manager. He's not really ever going to pose a threat to their job like a Hiddink might, although Grant showed that anything can happen.

We need a long-term presence to guide the club and Jose doesn't tend to stay at clubs for longer than 3 years which means long-term planning is tough.

I was all for Mourinho coming back but seeing Madrid this year, the trouble that always seems to surround him and his relationship with Jorge Mendes then I have my doubts. It will only end in tears. For Real Madrid to be third and that far behind Barcelona is an absolute joke. It's practically a two team league. There's no way Mourinho can justify being that far behind.

Besides they say you should never go back. I tried to get back together once with an ex-girlfriend and it was a total disaster. :clown:

So I'm in the no camp when it comes to Jose.

I was in the same boat, but I think Roman and Jose could both be in new positions - they're both humbled men. If they can learn from that (and I suspect Roman is far more capable of that then Jose) then they could build something great together.

At the moment they're both on the mat for the first time in a decade. I'm a romantic so I will always look for a good story to be told.

I know Emenalo gets lumped in with 'the board' but I'm not entirely sure he should be sacked. If you accept that we need a DoF then he's not a bad choice, especially from the point of view of a manager. He's not really ever going to pose a threat to their job like a Hiddink might, although Grant showed that anything can happen.

We need a long-term presence to guide the club and Jose doesn't tend to stay at clubs for longer than 3 years which means long-term planning is tough.

I was in the same boat, but I think Roman and Jose could both be in new positions - they're both humbled men. If they can learn from that (and I suspect Roman is far more capable of that then Jose) then they could build something great together.

At the moment they're both on the mat for the first time in a decade. I'm a romantic so I will always look for a good story to be told.

Fair enough. How do you think Jose would work with the current squad that we have? I don't see too many Mourinho type players in it. It's as if we've been building the antithesis of a Mourinho team in the last few years.

Admirable, I must say.

How about something more important for you to consider ?

Jurgen Klinsman for Chelsea´s coach ?

Right now I'd take ABB (Anyone But Benitez)

Klinsman, appears on the face of things to have done well with the USA, he and his family are very settled in California and has refused jobs in Europe based on that.

He resigned/was dismissed at Bayern after disagreements with the board there, and generally they are supportive of Managers, so all things considered I'd say he's not even a live candidate.

Fair enough. How do you think Jose would work with the current squad that we have? I don't see too many Mourinho type players in it. It's as if we've been building the antithesis of a Mourinho team in the last few years.

I think we're one player away from being a very similar team to Real Madrid - Modric.

Defence - almost a carbon copy.

Midfield - Khedira is their Mikel (but better imo) and we're missing the DLP like Alonso or Modric. Could be Oscar.

Ronaldo - Hazard (hopefully)

Ozil - Mata

Benzema/Higuain - Ba/Lukaku/A.N.Other

I think it's encouraging that he's been comfortable using Varane considering the amount of young players we have.

I think we're one player away from being a very similar team to Real Madrid - Modric.

Defence - almost a carbon copy.

Midfield - Khedira is their Mikel (but better imo) and we're missing the DLP like Alonso or Modric. Could be Oscar.

Ronaldo - Hazard (hopefully)

Ozil - Mata

Benzema/Higuain - Ba/Lukaku/A.N.Other

I think it's encouraging that he's been comfortable using Varane considering the amount of young players we have.

Wouldn't agree entirely with your assessment of the two squads. Ronaldo for instance scores 50 a season. Hazard has about 8 for the year. You're right in that we're missing the technical ball-playing midfielders.

As for Varane he isn't Chalobah from the youth team. He cost 10m. He's like Mikel or Robben when they came to Chelsea; gifted teenagers who cost relatively big money. Mourinho should use him, if he didn't he would be worthy of criticism. I doubt Mourinho would feel that level of pressure to use Chalobah if he wasn't interested.

We need somebody with different ideas and principles.

Wouldn't agree entirely with your assessment of the two squads. Ronaldo for instance scores 50 a season. Hazard has about 8 for the year. You're right in that we're missing the technical ball-playing midfielders.

As for Varane he isn't Chalobah from the youth team. He cost 10m. He's like Mikel or Robben when they came to Chelsea; gifted teenagers who cost relatively big money. Mourinho should use him, if he didn't he would be worthy of criticism. I doubt Mourinho would feel that level of pressure to use Chalobah if he wasn't interested.

We need somebody with different ideas and principles.

We're not exactly the same, but that's football. Ozil doesn't contribute as many goals as Mata for example. I don't think Varane's price is that much of a factor. We spent more than that on Lukaku and he's out on loan after being wasted for a year. I think he's simply a good player that Mourinho hasn't let age be an encumbrance.

I actually agreed with your last point up until a a few weeks ago. I simply don't know who else is out there (realistically, so not Klopp in my opinion) that would be as good a fit for us. I've used the 'never go back' argument against him and it certainly has merit, but there's always an exception to these things. Couples do get back together and are stronger for their time apart.

But this is all dependant on Roman and Jose truly learning from their humbling experiences. Neither one is stupid so it's possible.

Right now I'd take ABB (Anyone But Benitez)

Klinsman, appears on the face of things to have done well with the USA, he and his family are very settled in California and has refused jobs in Europe based on that.

He resigned/was dismissed at Bayern after disagreements with the board there, and generally they are supportive of Managers, so all things considered I'd say he's not even a live candidate.

Well, one never know. When Roman calls, most are running in. Even now, I read Rafa´s job is on line. Next games, Wigan, Sparta Prague & Brenford replay. All three games must be won. Otherwise Rafa is gone, I feel.

Current front runner to succeed Rafa is A. Grant again.

bringing jose back in would mean roman admits he was wrong in sacking him. do you really see the high and mighty admitting something like that? i hope i'm wrong.

you have hit the nail on the head. I feel Roman will not give complete control to Jose and I believe Jose would demand that. So we will continue with a meddling board snooping and obeying instructions from the owner.

OH PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE BE TRUE! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE! COME ON ROMAN! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT!

IT WILL BE THE GREATEST TRANSFER THAT WE COULD POSSIBLY GET AT THIS POINT!