The Mourinho Thread

Liverpool are without a manager NOW, though. Are you going to go to Klopp and say "wait until the end of the season and we MAY sack Mourinho?" He strikes me as a guy who will be romanticizing about the "history and prestige" of Liverpool and will jump at the chance to manage them.

And you really think a player manager with no experience can do a better job than one of the best in football history? Come on, mate.

did not pep do exactly that with bayern?

we wanted him and he told us to shove it up our asses.

so if we give him a pre-contract or fire jose NOW. why would not he take the job?

the player manager will make decisions for the benefit of the club. not for himself.

The club got credit for buying the players he wanted last summer, and getting them early. Both he and the club got rightful praise for it.

Now the club should get stick for not buying the players he wanted, and they have to get stick for buying players he didn't want and in the case of Papy, has never even seen play!

Yeah, we'd probably be all the way up in 11th had we gotten them!

I'm sorry, but I despise this nonsensical mentality. Individual quality is obviously a factor but our problems run A LOT deeper. If it were solely on individual quality then how in the world are we in 16th when we have better individual quality than every team in the EPL apart from 2 or 3?! This is basically the same XI that walked the league last season!!

Oversimplifying the issues to one or two buys is running away from the real problems in my eyes. We have to realize that confidence, motivation, mentality, tactics, physical readiness...etc. have all been equally important if not more so than one or two signings.

It's only nonsensical to people who want to put this all on the manager. Most of those factors you listed are down to the players.

Confidence? How the hell can they not be confident after strolling the league? Motivation? The club has talked of creating a dynasty and emulating the great teams of the past. What more motivation do they need? Physical readiness and mentality? We were MILES better than ANY other side in the division last season in this respect.

Tactically, yes, José needs to be FAR more progressive and frankly needs to open his eyes and see the bloody obvious. But to blame him for professional athletes who were fantastic a season ago just going to shit overnight is wrong to me. He definitely deserves flak but the players deserve MUCH more.

Yeah, we'd probably be all the way up in 11th had we gotten them!

I'm sorry, but I despise this nonsensical mentality. Individual quality is obviously a factor but our problems run A LOT deeper. If it were solely on individual quality then how in the world are we in 16th when we have better individual quality than every team in the EPL apart from 2 or 3?! This is basically the same XI that walked the league last season!!

Oversimplifying the issues to one or two buys is running away from the real problems in my eyes. We have to realize that confidence, motivation, mentality, tactics, physical readiness...etc. have all been equally important if not more so than one or two signings.

Two or three teams? That's harsh. Only City. Utd and Arsenal don't possess more quality.

Fact is Chelsea have been declining since Jan but the manager failed to find a way to combat the issue. That's my issue with Mourinho. What's happening now is extreme but it doesn't change the fact that this side is one-dimensional and that's unacceptable at this level.

It's only nonsensical to people who want to put this all on the manager. Most of those factors you listed are down to the players.

Confidence? How the hell can they not be confident after strolling the league? Motivation? The club has talked of creating a dynasty and emulating the great teams of the past. What more motivation do they need? Physical readiness and mentality? We were MILES better than ANY other side in the division last season in this respect.

Tactically, yes, José needs to be FAR more progressive and frankly needs to open his eyes and see the bloody obvious. But to blame him for professional athletes who were fantastic a season ago just going to shit overnight is wrong to me. He definitely deserves flak but the players deserve MUCH more.

We saw a similar occurence under Ancelotti. For a long while the entire team looked like crap in 10/11. Ancelotti was blamed (thank God for that late run to finish 2nd). He also won the double the season before.

This is even worse (Tomo disagrees with me). Why not blame Mourinho?

We saw a similar occurence under Ancelotti. For a long while the entire team looked like crap in 10/11. Ancelotti was blamed (thank God for that late run to finish 2nd). He also won the double the season before.

Ancelotti had lost squad depth and various important players, Ballack, Deco and so on.

This is a totally different case where the same personnel are performing awfully.

Mourinho isn't on the pitch playing, the players are. The same ones that walked the league. Mourinho isn't on our left wing, he isn't in midfield, and he isn't a defender.

He sets them out and prepares them just has he did last season when they were good. They're not performing to standard.

12074854_10205267867524723_9218176102409

:ph34r:

Good. This is as much a test for Abramovich and the board as it is for Mourinho.

Mourinho must change his tactics and selections to make a difference.

Abramovich and the board must learn trust and patience.

If we get out of this (just play better. Don't focus on "we must get here or win this") it'll go a long way for everyone involved.

Mourinho will give Loftus-Cheek an extended run of Premier League games in a move that should help to satisfy Abramovich. (Telegraph) #CFC

Abramovich is clearly dismayed but wants to give Mourinho the chance to turn around the bad form and disastrous results. #CFC (Telegraph)

The statement is more significant because it is the FIRST time in the Abramovich era that #CFC have publically backed a manager. (Telegraph)

Traditionally, Abramovich and Chelsea maintain a wall of silence over the future of their managers (Telegraph) #CFC

Particularly when things are going badly, Mourinho will view the statement as real and unique backing. (Telegraph) #CFC

It is expected Mourinho will have overseen a big improvement ahead of the next transfer window. (Telegraph) #CFC

And 'whoever' is in charge will have to largely work with the current squad. (Telegraph) #CFC

Roman Abramovich remains keen to see Chelsea start to bring some of their own talent through into the first team. (Telegraph) #CFC

Mourinho: "Who can cope the best with the pressure? The young player that is more ready is Ruben.” #CFC (Telegraph)

Mourinho: "Maybe a young player feels less pressure now than when the team are top of the League, fighting to be champions" #CFC

Mourinho: "So now it is time to play, not five or six kids, but Ruben is the one who is most ready." #CFC (Telegraph)

Mourinho (1/2): "If everything goes normally in these two weeks, yes Ruben a player to start the next game.."

Mourinho (2/2): "...and have a run of matches to try to get that stability as a first-team choice." #CFC (Telegraph)

Hopefully all underperforming players get benched especially Brana & Cesc while youth given more playing time and starts.

Ultimately it is Jose's stubbornness and ego that we are where we are. He also needs to stop making pathetic excuses and get on with the job and play some decent football.

Basically it is now all up to Jose if he remains in the job at the end of the season or not.

Hopefully all underperforming players get benched especially Brana & Cesc while youth given more playing time and starts.

Ultimately it is Jose's stubbornness and ego that we are where we are. He also needs to stop making pathetic excuses and get on with the job and play some decent football. Basically it is now all up to Jose if he remains in the job at the end of the season or not.

There's hardly enough players to bench nearly the whole starting lineup.