The Mourinho Thread

So who will Jose be working with over the next two weeks, Im guessing youth, Terry, Costa.

Ill be honest i dont have a clue who has been called up or not to the national teams

does it matter who he is working with?

we all know exactly what team is going to line up.

I hate this talk of José resigning if the players indicate they've lost faith in him...more like becoming too fucking lazy to put a shift in. If they were to do that I feel more like firing the players instead of the manager.

You don't want to fight? You don't want to close down a cross for once Ivanovic? You don't want to pass the ball 5 yards without fucking it up Fabregas? Fuck off the lot of you. What a shit cop-out. It's the simple fucking things that aren't doing, that is no fault of the manager. If they had one tenth the amount of passion as the ordinary Chelsea fan they would run their feet into the ground until they bleed. If they were putting their heart in and it still wasn't working then fair enough, José must go no doubt.

As I said, there are some things influenced by José obviously like the way we play and team selection. Ivanovic's inclusion puts everyone at edge no doubt.

However, it is no excuse to run around the pitch aimlessly looking like you just don't give a fuck. They get paid more in month than most of us will see in a lifetime and they, bar the likes of WIllian, don't want to make some effort? That is what I cannot forgive and that is what annoys me the most.

Of course the players aren't all blameless but is it not the role of the manager to be a motivator too? If Mourinho can't do something about the poor motivation (why are they poorly motivated in the first place?) he simply isn't doing his job very well.

Willian on Mourinho's relationship with players: "With the players there is no problem" (Globo Esporte) #CFC

Willian: "People generally want to find a problem when the team loses but I never saw Mourinho arguing or fighting with another player" #CFC

Willian: I think it’s a bad time for all of us. Too bad, because we play for #CFC, one of the world's largest clubs & are losing many games.

Willian: "The players playing here have never gone through a situation like this, losing so many games." #CFC

Willian: "But we have everything to win again, despite our many errors" #CFC (Globo Esporte)

If every club the world had the same conservative point of view as yours, there would be no plance for people like Guardiola, Klopp and Simeone and...Jose Mourinho, who was considered an average Joe for everyone outside Portugal Joe 2004.

How is wanting nothing but the best conservative?

I've seen people here and other places suggesting we sack José for Unai Emery, Rudi Garcia, or Tuchel from Dortmund. Guys who have really proven nothing and have all done pretty well at clubs with expectations nowhere near what we have here. They'd all have AVB written all over them if we appointed them.

We need someone who knows how to manage a huge club with huge expectations.

Abramovich is understood to have stayed at the Bridge after Saturday's defeat until after midnight to meet with his board. #CFC (DailyStar)

Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich is understood to have remained at Stamford Bridge until around midnight. #CFC (Mirror)

Mourinho retains strong support at the highest level of the club (Telegraph) #CFC

Although the support is not now believed to be universal and is being severely tested by #CFC’s form and by Mourinho's behaviour (Telegraph)

There is understood to have been talks about whether Mourinho will still be able to turn things around with Chelsea. (Telegraph) #CFC

Chelsea are extremely keen to break this cycle and want Mourinho to create a dynasty at the club, introducing young players (Telegraph) #CFC

Mourinho understands that he cannot continually switch clubs and is determined to make it work again at Chelsea. (Telegraph) #CFC

Mourinho's return to #CFC was championed by among others, Marina Granovskaia Abramovich’s representative on the board & director (Telegraph)

Mourinho has been vocal publically, and behind the scenes, in his criticism of his squad and individual players. (Telegraph)

There have been dressing-downs which have been received badly by some players (Telegraph) #CFC

In fairness to Mourinho, it is a deliberate tactic to provoke response but there is a sense at #CFC he needs to find another way (Telegraph)

Chelsea also accept that Jose Mourinho is a great manager, the best of his generation. #CFC (Telegraph)

There have been rumblings from those close to Mourinho that he was ­unhappy with the club’s transfer dealings in the summer (Telegraph) #CFC

And especially [unhappy at] the club's failure to sign a com­manding young central defender such as John Stones. (Telegraph) #CFC

The suggestions are that, while furious with Chelsea’s slump, Abramovich is not planning to get rid of Mourinho for a second time (Guardian)

Abramovich spoke with #CFC officials at Stamford Bridge late into Saturday & decided, for now, the best thing is to do nothing (Guardian)

Mourinho: "I know what the player did for us in previous seasons. He [ivanovic] is in a very bad momentum." #CFC (BBC)

Mourinho: "What do I do? I trust him and keep him in the team or I change him. In this moment I am doing both [to Ivanovic]" #CFC (BBC)

Mourinho: In this moment I feel they all accept the decisions, understand the moment & that I can drop or keep them to give them confidence

Jose Mourinho held discussions with members of the Chelsea board after the Southampton game, according to Sky sources. #CFC

Man. These are borderline embarrassing comments. So Ivanovic keeps his place because he's tall and an aerial threat? Come on, José. Being more vulnerable to set pieces is a trade off I'm willing to risk if it means playing Baba and Azpi.

So.. he has five tall players to defend set pieces. He switches Iva with Baba and suddenly he has three? Is Baba this small that he counts as -1?