The Mourinho Thread

I suspect that quite a few of our signings since he's been back have been board signings rather than José ones. Cuadrado, Salah, Schürrle, Djilobodji, Baba...

He likely gave the "okay" to these players but I highly doubt they're all his choices.

Jose Mourinho 'met Chelsea board' after Southampton defeat

Sky sources have confirmed the meeting took place after the Stamford Bridge defeat, and despite some reports suggesting Mourinho's future was on the line, it is believed discussions of this nature are not uncommon regardless of results.

Man. These are borderline embarrassing comments. So Ivanovic keeps his place because he's tall and an aerial threat? Come on, José. Being more vulnerable to set pieces is a trade off I'm willing to risk if it means playing Baba and Azpi.

Very revealing indeed. Coming from a manager of one of the biggest team in Europe, this is his mentality? Apparently, we're the only top side in the league that that suffers the ignominy of potentially defending set-pieces with midgets! Man City apparently don't have this problem! United nor Arsenal either! That apparently didn't stop both Manchester clubs from winning the league on multiple occasions in recent years.

What's funny and sad at the same time is Filipe Luis, who is 6 feet tall barely got a look in when he was here despite Ivanovic's miserable form. Filipe Luis and Azpi were barely ever played together. Now do the math.

Filipe Luis, Cahill, JT, Matic - four players over 6 feet.

Ivanovic, Cahill, JT, Matic - four players over 6 feet.

Yep, makes sense.

Speaking of taking responsibilities, I see some of you guys are trying to put things in to perspective using numbers.. let me try this too

• Post Season Matches + Late start to the summer.. (Jose - 60%, Board - 40%, Players - 0%)........................... (15% of the total problem)
  • Lack of Summer transfer activity............................ (Jose - 0%, Board - 100%, Players 0%)...............................(30% of the total problem)
  • Selling Luis............................................................ (Jose - 100%, Board - 0%, Players 0%)................................(5% of the total problem)
  • Eva Caraneiro....................................................... (Jose - 80%, Board - 10%, Players 0%, Eva - 10%)..............(5% of the total problem)
  • Lack of motivation...................................................(Jose - 30%, Board - 10%, Players- 60 0%)...........................(10% of the total problem)
  • Lack of rotation.......................................................(Jose -100%, Board - 0%, Players 0%)..................................(15% of the total problem)
  • Lack of tactical flexibility......................................... (Jose - 100%, Board - 0%, Players 0%).................................(20% of the total problem)

overall,

• Jose ....... 56%
  • Players ... 6%
  • Board ......38%

It would be fine to keep playing Ivanovic as long as we saw some improvement. There is no point forcing it to work because he is getting worse game by game now. I prefer to play Baba and defend better at open play chances rather than set pieces which btw i am not so sure about the "shorter player = more risk" thing Jose says.

Speaking of taking responsibilities, I see some of you guys are trying to put things in to perspective using numbers.. let me try this too

• Post Season Matches + Late start to the summer.. (Jose - 60%, Board - 40%, Players - 0%)........................... (15% of the total problem)
  • Lack of Summer transfer activity............................ (Jose - 0%, Board - 100%, Players 0%)...............................(30% of the total problem)
  • Selling Luis............................................................ (Jose - 100%, Board - 0%, Players 0%)................................(5% of the total problem)
  • Eva Caraneiro....................................................... (Jose - 80%, Board - 10%, Players 0%, Eva - 10%)..............(5% of the total problem)
  • Lack of motivation...................................................(Jose - 30%, Board - 10%, Players- 60 0%)...........................(10% of the total problem)
  • Lack of rotation.......................................................(Jose -100%, Board - 0%, Players 0%)..................................(15% of the total problem)
  • Lack of tactical flexibility......................................... (Jose - 100%, Board - 0%, Players 0%).................................(20% of the total problem)

overall,

• Jose ....... 56%
  • Players ... 6%
  • Board ......38%

How were the post season matches anything to do with Jose? That was a money making exercise 100% and was completely down to the higher ups at our club. If Mourinho could have a say i'm sure like any other manager he'd rather have let the players have an extra 2 weeks rest than a pointless tour that does no good.

He's still the best manager around ATM so I think it would be a little silly to sack him.

Klopp is only proven at 1 club (and had one hell of an awful final season) and is just as mental as Mourinho, he'll be the media plaything for their precious soundbites just as much.

Ancelotti has already been here once and while he is proven around the world he's shown at all of the clubs that he struggles at formulating plan B's and reverts to awful negative football when under pressure (remember our 2nd season under him?).

Simeone has also only managed at one club and while he looks good for the future it would be a bit of a risk to take the gamble on him. He's also as much of a hothead as Mourinho.

Who else is out there and actually gettable? Pep looks like his talent lies with taking over already successful clubs, winning a few trophies and butchering the teams balance over 2/3 years. De Boer?

I just don't think we should jump the gun and sack him just yet. He's looked frankly clueless at times (especially Saturday with the whole Willian, Ivanovic and Matic bullshit) but I still hope that he can turn it around himself and stay at the club for a long while.

Thing is though, he HAS to drop Fabregas and Ivanovic for RLC and Baba respectively now. It HAS to happen. If it doesn't then he's playing with fire and if he does get sacked he'd have no-one to blame but himself and his raging hard on for big Serbs with rounded arses.

The club/board only gave him Begovic after selling Cech . They let him have Falcao on loan until after the disaster at Man city, aswell as shipping out or losing Drogba, Luis, Salah etc. Say what you want about their abilities but they were squad players and we had a small squad already before letting them depart.

The club failed to back Jose in the summer and now we are suffering because of it.

That said, I think Jose has to take some responsibility, but not all of it. Like he said we all (the club) need to take responsibility.

Look what happened last year when they listened to him and he got his players in and did their business early. Bottom line hes one of the top 3 managers in the World. I can see a big January panic coming. Similar to torres/Luiz a few years back.

I suspect that quite a few of our signings since he's been back have been board signings rather than José ones. Cuadrado, Salah, Schürrle, Djilobodji, Baba...

He likely gave the "okay" to these players but I highly doubt they're all his choices.

That's easy to say.

So only the good ones are all Mourinho and all the bad ones are not Mourinho. <_<

I'm still waiting to hear why no one ask him how he can have so much patience for a 30 year old guy but can do it for a young guy?

The club/board only gave him Begovic after selling Cech . They let him have Falcao on loan until after the disaster at Man city, aswell as shipping out or losing Drogba, Luis, Salah etc. Say what you want about their abilities but they were squad players and we had a small squad already before letting them depart.

The club failed to back Jose in the summer and now we are suffering because of it.

That said, I think Jose has to take some responsibility, but not all of it. Like he said we all (the club) need to take responsibility.

Look what happened last year when they listened to him and he got his players in and did their business early. Bottom line hes one of the top 3 managers in the World. I can see a big January panic coming. Similar to torres/Luiz a few years back.

The board shouldn't be at fault that we are relegation form.

Nothing should bring that about. That's down to the players and managers.

Player who are under performing and manager that keeps playing the under performing players.

Mourinho promises Loftus-Cheek he will start Chelsea's next match as Chelsea boss turns to youth amid crisis period.

Ruben Loftus-Cheek to get extended run of games for Chelsea as Jose Mourinho looks to England Under 21 midfielder in bid to turn his side's fortunes around.

Ruben Loftus-Cheek will start in Chelsea's next game against Aston Villa.

Midfielder is with England Under 21 ahead of their clash with Kazakhstan.

Jose Mourinho has told the 19-year-old to be prepared to start on Oct 17.

Manager said a young player may feel less pressure than senior ones.

Chelsea are 16th in the Premier League with just two wins this season.

LINK. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3260308/Ruben-Loftus-Cheek-extended-run-games-Chelsea-Jose-Mourinho-looks-youth-bid-cure-s-blues.html

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This would be the greatest news of the season. If Ruben Loftus-Cheek plays in our starting eleven the next 7 matches (until the next break for the national matches) he will be totally indisputable for us. Ruben Loftus-Cheek is a chosen capable of leading our midfield as our main midfielder.

Jose would be very smart if he decides to bet everything on Ruben Loftus-Cheek from the next game. A decision that can change our season because RLC is our future.

Regards.

How were the post season matches anything to do with Jose? That was a money making exercise 100% and was completely down to the higher ups at our club. If Mourinho could have a say i'm sure like any other manager he'd rather have let the players have an extra 2 weeks rest than a pointless tour that does no good.

The post match games and the late start to the summer training are correlated ... and Jose has a say in that, I blieve

Mourinho promises Loftus-Cheek he will start Chelsea's next match as Chelsea boss turns to youth amid crisis period.

Ruben Loftus-Cheek to get extended run of games for Chelsea as Jose Mourinho looks to England Under 21 midfielder in bid to turn his side's fortunes around.

Ruben Loftus-Cheek will start in Chelsea's next game against Aston Villa.

Midfielder is with England Under 21 ahead of their clash with Kazakhstan.

Jose Mourinho has told the 19-year-old to be prepared to start on Oct 17.

Manager said a young player may feel less pressure than senior ones.

Chelsea are 16th in the Premier League with just two wins this season.

LINK. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3260308/Ruben-Loftus-Cheek-extended-run-games-Chelsea-Jose-Mourinho-looks-youth-bid-cure-s-blues.html

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This would be the greatest news of the season. If Ruben Loftus-Cheek plays in our starting eleven the next 7 matches (until the next break for the national matches) he will be totally indisputable for us. Ruben Loftus-Cheek is a chosen capable of leading our midfield as our main midfielder.

Jose would be very smart if he decides to bet everything on Ruben Loftus-Cheek from the next game. A decision that can change our season because RLC is our future.

Regards.

Actions speak louder then words.

When the game against the Israeli team came he made some good changes.

But then he soon went back to his usual self.

So that being said, giving one game here and there don't mean much unless it's sustainable game time.

We can't just assume that all of the failings in the transfer market were all the board's fault and have nothing to do with Jose. For example, he made it VERY clear that the Falcao signing was his idea and desire. He also never even hinted that he was looking for a top fullback who can come into the starting XI. He said from the start that Baba would fill the Luis role, i.e. a rotation option for cups and ULC group matches.

On any account, regardless of the transfer business, the current squad with all the quality we have should never be in the position that we are in regardless of form.

The fucking whole lot of them are to blame, the manager, the players the lot. Gutless again on the pitch on Saturday, no fucking fight what so ever, caving in when we concede and ambling around the field looking like they don't care. As for Mourinho, well were do you start? You keep constantly putting these under performing players on the field, you live by the sword and you die by it. A 7 minute rant hiding behind the so called failures of a ref when it runs much deeper than that, but his ability to talk shit and act shit is prominent right now.

I now read that RLC is being readied for Villa, you mean something that should of been done weeks ago when certain players in midfield have been shite since? All of a sudden now the shit is hitting the fan we sit up in our ivory tower and look to the kids because the old favorites aren't doing it? Should of been done weeks and weeks ago. The failure to change things is another absolute travesty- Baba Rahman, bought for big money should be shot in the fold, but no, keep things as they are, we don't want to upset individuals who are playing shite now do we?

They need to man the fuck up, so does Jose and if they had half the passion I have for Chelsea we wouldn't be talking about caring.

:clap: :clap: :clap: