The Mourinho Thread

That's not what he's saying at all. He's saying that the manager sets up everything, but it's up to the players to perform during the 90 minutes.

I asked him a question and he said Mourinho's not to blame. Yet Ancelotti was.

I just find some fans inconsistent in their reasoning. We apparently have Mourinho to thank for past succes but this is on the players.

You do realise that just makes things harder for Ancelotti, which makes Mourinho's case worse.

So what you are saying is different rules apply to Mourinho because he's Mourinho. Got it.

That's not what I'm saying at all but since since you asked, yes, he should get more leeway than anyone else. God knows he's earned it with what he achieved.

A couple more results like we've had and he should be gone which is what I've said for the past couple of days.

That's not what he's saying at all. He's saying that the manager sets up everything, but it's up to the players to perform during the 90 minutes.

If this is the case, why fire any manager at all? Couldn't the same apply to every single manager that's ever been sacked due to poor performance in the history of football?

The introduction of a single player cannot be the solution to this mess. It runs way deeper than simply dropping Ivanovich and fabregas and introducing rlc and baba.

I believe there's a huge tactical and fitness issue with this team and the confidence is at an all time low.

Rlc won't suddenly make us creative again nor will baba turn us into a clean sheet machine.

When RLC and Ramires have played (and I'm not a Ramires fan, as didierforever will confirm) we have played much better. We haven't had the opportunity to see the team against proper opposition without Ivanovic, so therefore I won't comment on it. I also think Ramires is staying here - so Jose will train with him and he will likely play.

But Matic is the start of the turning over. Subbing the sub was very harsh but Mourinho was right - he has been looking worse than Mikel lately, misplacing passes, getting bundled off the ball by players he steamrolled this time last season, and just looking rather stranded out there - and considering he made our midfield tick along with Oscar in the first half of 14/15 I'm imagining that Jose reckons that he's the first player who needs to restart, and asap.

I'd imagine that unless the players play brilliantly for their NT, quite a few players will be getting dropped. I won't be risky enough to say that Iva will be dropped, but I'd imagine that with Cahill away with England our starting CBs will be JT and Zouma, who will remain at Cobham I believe. Maybe if Iva is awful with Serbia he will finally be dropped.

Also we have missed Diego so much these last matches. FA punished us big style with this one - Falcao is a gimp and Remy looks toothless, more like a winger than a striker... Against Villa I might well bet he gets a hat trick, he will step up and is one of the leaders in the dressing room imo.

Willian has stepped up. Fantastic so far this season. Kenedy should get a start, Hazard has run out of free passes imo.

I expect (NT form depending)

Begovic

Azpi Zouma Terry Baba

RLC Rami

Kenedy Oscar Willian

COSTA

In my mind Jose has the next 2 games to turn things around (I'm going to both Villa and West Ham) and if he plays the same team then he can, quite frankly, fuck off.

Sigh - next the conspiracy theory will be out in full swing - yet another thing to blame

That's not what I'm saying at all but since since you asked, yes, he should get more leeway than anyone else. God knows he's earned it with what he achieved.

A couple more results like we've had and he should be gone which is what I've said for the past couple of days.

I understand that. He has credit. Deservedly so. But that doesn't mean you can't blame him.

Saying the players have turned crap on him is too easy. An entire team doesn't decide to perform poorly just like that. Something is wrong.

I asked him a question and he said Mourinho's not to blame. Yet Ancelotti was.

I just find some fans inconsistent in their reasoning. We apparently have Mourinho to thank for past succes but this is on the players.

I don't know if you're saying he blames Ancelotti or not, because I haven't seen him say that (but I haven't been following your conversation). He doesn't say Mourinho isn't to blame. He says the players deserve more blame. There's a difference. It's not black and white.

If this is the case, why fire any manager at all? Couldn't the same apply to every single manager that's ever been sacked due to poor performance in the history of football?

Again, it's not blame the players or blame the manager. There's plenty of blame to go around. Still, Mourinho can't put the ball into the net. He can't keep the ball out of our net. That's up to the players and they're not doing their job.

I don't know if you're saying he blames Ancelotti or not, because I haven't seen him say that (but I haven't been following your conversation). He doesn't say Mourinho isn't to blame. He says the players deserve more blame. There's a difference. It's not black and white.

Precisely. Mourinho is to blame for putting Ivanovic out there time and time again and continuing with Cesc when he's clearly hurting more than helping. His man-management hasn't been great either when he readily drops players like JT and Matić yet refuses to drop Iva. His stubbornness and unwillingness to play Baba Rahman (like Luis last season) is maddening.

But how can people blame him for the form Hazard, Costa, Matic, Fabregas, Ivanovic, Terry, and Cahill are in? Have they all conspired together to collectively play poorly because they hate his tactics? They didn't have a problem with them last season.