The Mourinho Thread

given the option to manage chelsea and liverpool, who would u choose?

liverpool have not even made an approach till now.

also, even if klopp is unavailable, my first criteria remains. anyone who puts the club ahead than his ego. anyone who does not choose his team according to height than ability.

JT as an interim player/manager.

Liverpool are without a manager NOW, though. Are you going to go to Klopp and say "wait until the end of the season and we MAY sack Mourinho?" He strikes me as a guy who will be romanticizing about the "history and prestige" of Liverpool and will jump at the chance to manage them.

And you really think a player manager with no experience can do a better job than one of the best in football history? Come on, mate.

Uh oh. It's the dreaded vote of confidence.

Don't see what's the big deal with the club releasing a statement to back Mourinho. Yes, it's the first time we've done that under Roman but it's the same as the Director of Football, Chairman etc coming out to support the manager in public. A few more bad results this month and he'll likely get the sack.

If we draw, let alone lose to Aston Villa, with the repeating offenders of Fabregas and Ivanovic on that pitch, get him out. In fact, if he dares to start Ivanovic and Fabregas next game, he clearly hasn't learnt his lesson. Sick of those untouchables.

And if we DO somehow beat Villa with Ivanovic and Fab playing, it's paper over the cracks and will be back to our losing-selves the following game. I have ZERO faith with this manager until he drops those two. End of.

Think Fabregas is a shoe in. Do feel he'll finally drop Ivanovic. For that one game, anyway.

Of course the players aren't all blameless but is it not the role of the manager to be a motivator too? If Mourinho can't do something about the poor motivation (why are they poorly motivated in the first place?) he simply isn't doing his job very well.

I get what you're saying but if these players - who are currently the English champions - can't even motivate themselves to compete and achieve victory (which is the basic target of every professional sportsman) at the very least, then what's the point of them being footballers? Might as well just pick 11 random Chelsea fans and they'll likely show more hunger, desire and passion to fight for the club and the shirt they're wearing.

Great to see the club backing the manager in times like these. If we finally want to keep a top manager around for the long run and not be seen as the club with the revolving door philosophy as we have before, we should'nt pull the trigger so soon after he guided us to a long awaited PL title even if we do look like a mess atm.

But I really hope he uses this break to work on some fresh ideas, maybe try some new formations/tactics. Something really needs to happen, but sacking José at this very moment is not the best solution in my opinion.

Get outta here. We're 16th not battling for 5th. Even Messi wouldn't solve this mess.

Bullshit.

If we had Stones (or any top CB) and a star midfielder like Koké/Pogba etc from day 1 and played Baba in place of Ivanovic so he'd gel with the team we wouldn't be anywhere near as bad.

People placing the huge majority of blame on the manager are blind. An equal amount or more goes on players performing embarrassingly. Take out a couple of them and replace them with other (better) ones and we'd be better off. He had the opportunity and the desire to bring those players in and we failed to do so.

Get outta here. We're 16th not battling for 5th. Even Messi wouldn't solve this mess.

You're saying it like it's April or May already, its early October. Get a grip, seriously. We have a realistic chance of turning it around and even winning something.

The post match games and the late start to the summer training are correlated ... and Jose has a say in that, I blieve

Not when it comes to post-season tours. No manager in their right mind would agree to having the players travel abroad and play against some random teams after a long season. It's because the club care so much about $$$$$ that we have had post-season games twice in 3 years.

Well this is only the first step.

The problem I mentioned before as well is that if the club is going to back him like Wenger, then they need to give him more power like Wenger.

The reason why SAF and Wenger have stayed a long time is because they have total control.

Will never work with any manager to stay a long time if he is limited in control.

Well, if Mourinho wants to get more power, then he needs to earn it. He needs to show the willingness to change, adapt and be flexible because right now, his stubbornness and management style are not convincing many people.

We wanted RLC but he drops Matic for him ffs. What's wrong with this guy? Matic needs to be in the pivot with RLC! FABREGAS NEEDS TO BE DROPPED!!!!!!!!!!!!! It also looks like he is using excuses to back Ivanovic smh! I've lost all the confidence I've had after I read his interview............ Something always has to be wrong with his selections ALWAYS