The Mourinho Thread

Is it true we don't actually have an attacking coach at Chelsea? I find this extraordinary at a club the size of ours.

Will Jose give into his ego and get in an attacking coach to improve our football ?

Mourinho will give Loftus-Cheek an extended run of Premier League games in a move that should help to satisfy Abramovich. (Telegraph) #CFC

Abramovich is clearly dismayed but wants to give Mourinho the chance to turn around the bad form and disastrous results. #CFC (Telegraph)

The statement is more significant because it is the FIRST time in the Abramovich era that #CFC have publically backed a manager. (Telegraph)

Traditionally, Abramovich and Chelsea maintain a wall of silence over the future of their managers (Telegraph) #CFC

Particularly when things are going badly, Mourinho will view the statement as real and unique backing. (Telegraph) #CFC

It is expected Mourinho will have overseen a big improvement ahead of the next transfer window. (Telegraph) #CFC

And 'whoever' is in charge will have to largely work with the current squad. (Telegraph) #CFC

Roman Abramovich remains keen to see Chelsea start to bring some of their own talent through into the first team. (Telegraph) #CFC

Mourinho: "Who can cope the best with the pressure? The young player that is more ready is Ruben.” #CFC (Telegraph)

Mourinho: "Maybe a young player feels less pressure now than when the team are top of the League, fighting to be champions" #CFC

Mourinho: "So now it is time to play, not five or six kids, but Ruben is the one who is most ready." #CFC (Telegraph)

Mourinho (1/2): "If everything goes normally in these two weeks, yes Ruben a player to start the next game.."

Mourinho (2/2): "...and have a run of matches to try to get that stability as a first-team choice." #CFC (Telegraph)

Reading all those quotes I feel that Mourinho was given a proper bollocking in the post-loss meeting. The club are publicly backing him and now he is promising to give RLC a more prominent role. Maybe Roman shook him up and now Jose is ready to shake up the team. Either way, those are encouraging signs.

Someone actually said mourinho isn't at fault for the mess we are in. Wow. And subsequently a few posters agreed with him and ran away with the idiotic theory.

This forum is the gift that keeps on giving. Never cease to amaze me, the waffle some posters come up with.

He is to blame, but the players are the ones that are playing horribly on the pitch. Mourinho can't run out and play himself. Once the lineup is set and the game starts, it's on the players to do their job, and they're not doing it.

Reading all those quotes I feel that Mourinho was given a proper bollocking in the post-loss meeting. The club are publicly backing him and now he is promising to give RLC a more prominent role. Maybe Roman shook him up and now Jose is ready to shake up the team. Either way, those are encouraging signs.

To me it seems like he is being forced to use the youth.

I don't like that.

He isn't forced to anything, he talked about RLC right after the game, and he suggested before Porto that if the regulars keep underperforming he would drop them for youth.

Right but when things are back to normal he goes back to the same.

Talk is cheap, prove it in the field.

What? That piece that was about 10% relevant content wrapped in 90% fluff talking about the beyond flesh and blood transcendental nature of a football club? Yeah, we were going to ignore it. It might read well to the romantics but it wasn't nearly as deep as he thought it was.

We know clubs are institutions that will long outlive their managers and squads, that isn't news to anybody. It's not overly relevant to the present stability of the club though.

He talks about Barcelona being stable because of their identity and that certainly helps, sure. But of all the clubs he chooses to knock, it's Arsenal. Arsenal are a team who, if nothing else, are pure identity. People often meet statements like "the West Ham way" or "the Tottenham way" with a degree confusion, but "the Arsenal way"? Not so much. They might have changed over the years but it certainly wasn't an identity crisis that got them where they are now. As a side, Barcelona's core principles may have been in place prior to Pep, but it's hardly a dynasty. It's not even been a decade since Pep got the first team job.

United under Ferguson epitomized stability and even had a bit of identity in there for good measure, but I don't think it was that identity that kept Ferguson in a job for 23 odd years. It wasn't long disappearing if it was...

And it isn't the constant firing of Chelsea managers that's the problem? Well at very least I'm sure it doesn't help. If, as is suggested, it's simply just a matter of getting in coaches who "have something to do with each other" then Liverpool would still be winning titles and United post Ferguson would have kicked on without missing a beat.

Anyway, we all know the opposite sides aren't going to agree because there have been enough well thought out arguments on this site to win over anybody who was able to be won. All that matters is that the club, for the first time, have publicly backed the manager. A great manager, and that's all that matter to me.

Yeah I think this is the game changer because we all thought that they wanted an attacking side of the game and youth progress.

These two stuff that is very wrong to expect from Mourinho.

So with this they shown that they don't care much about this anymore. Which sadly for me I won't get what I wanted but I'm also happy that the club finally took a stand and showed their true intentions.

Now that he's committed publicly to saying RLC will get a run of games, I wonder who it's in place of. I would suspect Matic but surely we won't line up with a two man midfield comprising of Fabregas and RLC? That could leave us even more exposed defensively.

I would suggest switching to a 4-3-3 (which I've begged for for ages) but then one of Willian or Pedro would have to be dropped continuously since we know Cesc never gets benched.

To me it seems like he is being forced to use the youth.

I don't like that.

Well, even if that's the case, then it's about time. Loftus-Cheek deserves it and if someone shoved that fact down Mourinho's throat, then I'm all for it.

What? That piece that was about 10% relevant content wrapped in 90% fluff talking about the beyond flesh and blood transcendental nature of a football club? Yeah, we were going to ignore it. It might read well to the romantics but it wasn't nearly as deep as he thought it was.

We know clubs are institutions that will long outlive their managers and squads, that isn't news to anybody. It's not overly relevant to the present stability of the club though.

He talks about Barcelona being stable because of their identity and that certainly helps, sure. But of all the clubs he chooses to knock, it's Arsenal. Arsenal are a team who, if nothing else, are pure identity. People often meet statements like "the West Ham way" or "the Tottenham way" with a degree confusion, but "the Arsenal way"? Not so much. They might have changed over the years but it certainly wasn't an identity crisis that got them where they are now. As a side, Barcelona's core principles may have been in place prior to Pep, but it's hardly a dynasty. It's not even been a decade since Pep got the first team job.

United under Ferguson epitomized stability and even had a bit of identity in there for good measure, but I don't think it was that identity that kept Ferguson in a job for 23 odd years. It wasn't long disappearing if it was...

And it isn't the constant firing of Chelsea managers that's the problem? Well at very least I'm sure it doesn't help. If, as is suggested, it's simply just a matter of getting in coaches who "have something to do with each other" then Liverpool would still be winning titles and United post Ferguson would have kicked on without missing a beat.

Anyway, we all know the opposite sides aren't going to agree because there have been enough well thought out arguments on this site to win over anybody who was able to be won. All that matters is that the club, for the first time, have publicly backed the manager. A great manager, and that's all that matter to me.

I sincerely believe that one of the major factors we are in this situation right now boils down to the sheer number of managers we've had over the recent years. Every manager tries to bring in players he likes and sees suitable for his own formations and tactics. So in the end we are left with a team that does not work well together in a long run - neither fish nor fowl.

Now that he's committed publicly to saying RLC will get a run of games, I wonder who it's in place of. I would suspect Matic but surely we won't line up with a two man midfield comprising of Fabregas and RLC? That could leave us even more exposed defensively.

I would suggest switching to a 4-3-3 (which I've begged for for ages) but then one of Willian or Pedro would have to be dropped continuously since we know Cesc never gets benched.

Matic without a doubt, nothing more obvious. Ok after Ivanovic and Cesc starting, no doubt Mou really dislikes Matic atm.

He said this after the match, he publicly criticized One player(Matic), he subbed Matic as a sub. He really has shown his displeasure with Matic and maybe Hazard(benched against Porto).