The Mourinho Thread

Well, anyway he got until the next break to fix this mess up, if until then we're not better, we'll see what the board will do. I admire them for sticking with José for now, it shows there's a will to change and move forward, but will José repay their trust? I hope so, we need it, he needs it, the player needs it. If not, no one can really feel sorry for him.

As many have said, it would be nice to have some more respect for the man, many don't like him and that's ok, but disrespect him is a whole other thing.

Everytime i read about Ancelotti in this thread i die a little bit inside :D a little funny story i have; A short while after Ancelotti left Milan and the news about him taking over at Chelsea, i was with one of my mates, he's a Milan fan, so we were talking about football stuff, and the Ancelotti topic came up, the first thing he said to me was this: "Chelsea are fucked now" and that was from a Milan fan.

I like the idea of Klopp, if the "sack" will become a reality, simply and only because of his exchange of words with Arrigo Sacchi (which, for me, sits at "best manager of all times") don't know how many of you saw that exchange of words but it was really awesome.

You got a link to the sacchi conversation?

You got a link to the sacchi conversation?

http://video.repubblica.it/sport/klopp-vede-sacchi-e-si-emoziona--ho-imparato-tutto-da-lui/127106/125608

There was definetely more of it, this is just 29 seconds of it, couldn't find it anywhere though.

This is another one:

http://www.sportmediaset.mediaset.it/calcio/championsleague/2015/video/67040/siparietto-sacchi-klopp.shtml

Last time we sacked a top manager (Ancelotti), we won a UCL one year later.

And it was a once in a million fluke. Sacking Carlo and bringing in AVB was a disaster.

Sacking Mourinho and bringing in some young manager from Serie A or Spain etc. like some are suggesting could go the same way. We'd need a big character who has proven he can manage top class players and who has achieved huge success already over a sustained period rather than a flash in the pan season.

I do admire your optimism and like I said to @Iceboy - I will gladly eat my words, buy I just don't see it happening.

Something is broken in Jose's mind and he can't seem to move forward. He's no longer a dynamic manager. He's too predictable and has no attacking prowess.

Not one shot on target in the second half at home vs Southampton says it all. It's been a steady decline since the start of the year :(

I just don't see him recovering

We are scoring at a lower clip than in 2013-14 with Torres/Eto'o/Ba up top. You are unfortunately correct in your assessment of Jose's attacking prowess, little to none. He has never been identified as an attacking genius certainly. The defending has been beyond shocking. I just cannot believe that Felipe Luis was so bad at LB that we could not move Azpilicueta to RB, but I digress.

In hindsight, we probably saw hints of the 2015-16 issues towards the end of 2013-14. In the last 14 matches (all BPL matches after the 1-0 win at the Etihad), we were only 9-2-3 down the stretch with draws 1-1 at WBA, 0-0 home to Norwich and losses at Palace 1-0, at Villa 1-0 and home to Sunderland 1-2. Scoring a total of 2 goals in those 5 games cost us the title. We lost by 4 points and dropped 13 out of 15 in those five games. By the way, those clubs finished 17th, 18th, 11th, 15th and 14th that season respectively. The team that year survived on the superior play of the back line and Cech, not attacking tactics. Cahill has yet to regain his form of that year in my opinion.

We won the title last season primarily due to Costa and Fabregas being white hot the first half of the season and then we coasted in with a lot of 1-0 wins with late heroics. The offensive magic was beginning to fade by March or sooner.

This year has been the most terrible defending I have seen by a Chelsea club. I have never seen so many players lost, confused, beaten by their man, out of position or all of the above. This truth combined with Jose's lack of offensive strategies is the perfect storm we are living with.

I would love to see Jose solve the problems, but I am not sure he can. I watch a LOT of BPL football. Everyone seems to know how to go forward except us (plus defend, plus hold in midfield :D )

Come on you Chelsea!! :blue scalf: :blue scalf:

We won the Champions League? ;)

Interim is fine until the summer - avoid relegation and start again :)

I know you were probably just joking, but we still had Drogba, Lampard, Cech and other stalwarts in the dressing room back then. And even then they failed to make top 4.

Interim would most likely mean endgame for this squad.

after this "ask the players" bullshit, I really wish someone among the players has spoken up or will speak up this week.

We can probably wager already that Chelsea won't be in CL football next year unless other sides have injuries and fall apart later this season. So, the question is all about keeping our most valuable players for the future while not in the CL. I can't see a bad side to changing the manager despite the fact that he might not be the perfect one for the long-term.

It's only going to be a few more bad results and poor performances then this manager is gone.

That's the sound of inevitability, Mr. Mourinho.

after this "ask the players" bullshit, I really wish someone among the players has spoken up or will speak up this week.

We can probably wager already that Chelsea won't be in CL football next year unless other sides have injuries and fall apart later this season. So, the question is all about keeping our most valuable players for the future while not in the CL. I can't see a bad side to changing the manager despite the fact that he might not be the perfect one for the long-term.

It's only going to be a few more bad results and poor performances then this manager is gone.

That's the sound of inevitability, Mr. Mourinho.

we can stay in CL next year. we have to butch up both our games against kiev, go to europa and win it.

What would he do different form now on? We need a plan, Jose.

Mou shouldn't get a second chance just to do the same shit all over again. He's still talking about, bad luck and lack of confidence as major factors. No Jose, we have been terrible as well. You said every one should stand up and take on their responsibility, well, What is yours? What did you do wrong and how do you propose to fix it?

There are far too many questions unanswered to before we should grant him full trust,.

What would he do different form now on? We need a plan, Jose.

Mou shouldn't get a second chance just to do the same shit all over again. He's still talking about, bad luck and lack of confidence as major factors. No Jose, we have been terrible as well. You said every one should stand up and take on their responsibility, well, What is yours? What did you do wrong and how do you propose to fix it?

There are far too many questions unanswered to before we should grant him full trust,.

THIS.

nothing i have seen or heard from jose makes me a least bit confident that he can change things around.

hell, the man thinks that we lost to SOTON because of the ref. he is either deluded or has been doing too many drugs.

William is the latest to own up to what we all know. That the players for whatever reason are struggling and they know it's up to them to fix it. What else do you want Jose to do? What would you do Football Manager gamers? Trust in your club through tough times, that's what true fans do. Sure, theirs some fucking rats in the dressing room but that's natural. ?

William is the latest to own up to what we all know. That the players for whatever reason are struggling and they know it's up to them to fix it. What else do you want Jose to do? What would you do Football Manager gamers? Trust in your club through tough times, that's what true fans do. Sure, theirs some fucking rats in the dressing room but that's natural.

yes. its the player's fault that iva and cesc keep playing 90minutes. :lol:

Man. These are borderline embarrassing comments. So Ivanovic keeps his place because he's tall and an aerial threat? Come on, José. Being more vulnerable to set pieces is a trade off I'm willing to risk if it means playing Baba and Azpi.

OH FUCK!!! THIS IS LEGIT???

hahahhhahahahahah... harry redknapp looks a better saner manager when compared to jose right now.

whats worse is that he keeps choosing cesc. did he grow a foot since last year?