Edinson Cavani

CFC58

Fuck me. :rolleyes:

He had about 12 months of constant support from the fans who looked for little things to get excited about, like winning a corner in the CL Final or simply showing some fucking effort to get in the box. But some of his performances were embarrassing.

Agree wholeheartedly.

Just want to say this once and get it off my chest, but it truly makes me laugh whenever people say things like "thanks Fernando for winning that corner in Munich". I mean... are we being serious here? I understand that it was the corner that led to the equaliser, but come on! If we're "thanking" players for little things like that then we should erect statues for what the likes Cole, Cech, Drogba, Lamps and loadsa other players did, even Kalou Malouda and co. All those goal-line clearances by Cole? The last-ditch tackles by Cahill? The unbelievable saves by Cech?

Now I'm not saying he played no part in our CL win. And I think he did ok this past season considering how absolutely awful he was when he first arrived and taking into account the pace he has lost and whatever. But seriously the abuse we have given players like Kalou, Mikel, etc and even Drogba over the past few years is shameful considering how we've put up with this guy.

Anyway since this is the Cavani thread... hope we get him lol

I'm not sure we're signing Cavani anymore to be honest. Don't think the club is willing to pay 50m on another striker and rightly so. Crespo, Sheva, Torres, Mutu, Kezman etc we're cursed.

A bit late in response but Crespo should not be mentioned in the same breath as any of them.

Dude, in what world you live in? As soon as Cavani sees the teams, coaches and wages he would be playing in, all your dream theory of 'I love Napoli' goes to waist...

Also, Torres and Benitez may very well want to rejoin forces. He was playing quite well in this last month and he has a way better reputation around Europe that you might think!

Every deal, specially a big one, involves many variables and choices/decisions. However, Torres + 30-40mi for Cavani makes perfect sense!

Well Sky Italia have already reported that Napoli declined/will decline an offer including 30 million and Torres so it wont happen like that, as I said.

http://www.football-italia.net/34770/%E2%82%AC30m-plus-torres-cavani

The fact we value Torres as about 25m in that deal too is ridiculous.

Also from Cavani's agent "Edi's happy in Naples"

http://www.football-italia.net/34775/cavani-agent-edis-happy-naples

Well Sky Italia have already reported that Napoli declined an offer including 30 million and Torres so it wont happen like that, as I said.

http://www.football-italia.net/34770/%E2%82%AC30m-plus-torres-cavani

The fact we value Torres as about 25m in that deal too is ridiculous.

Also from Cavani's agent "Edi's happy in Naples"

http://www.football-italia.net/34775/cavani-agent-edis-happy-naples

It will happen like that, but not with an offer of 30mi euros (which is around 24.5mi pounds)...

In a business, you dont throw your honest bid at first, you go a low as you can to see if the other side falls for it. The fact we rate Torres at 25mi is not ridiculous, it is just how it works. Why offer 40mi + Torres If you can try to get it for 30mi? it is smart to go low at first and than improve it until Napoli accpets it. If Chelsea are serious about this deal, we will obviously raise it.

Dont give me agent talks, you are smarter than that. They say what they want, whenever it suits them. Falcao was a Chelsea fan at first, then he loved Atletico and at last he joined Monaco. Agents are as reliable as a huge pile of shit...

Something like 40mi + Torres is perfectly reasonable and makes sense for all parties involved!

I am not craving Cavani will go to Chelsea and Torres to Napoli, I am just trying to make you see that it is indeed a logical trade...

It will happen like that, but not with an offer of 30mi euros (which is around 24.5mi pounds)...

In a business, you dont throw your honest bid at first, you go a low as you can to see if the other side falls for it. The fact we rate Torres at 25mi is not ridiculous, it is just how it works. Why offer 40mi + Torres If you can try to get it for 30mi? it is smart to go low at first and than improve it until Napoli accpets it. If Chelsea are serious about this deal, we will obviously raise it.

Dont give me agent talks, you are smarter than that. They say what they want, whenever it suits them. Falcao was a Chelsea fan at first, then he loved Atletico and at last he joined Monaco. Agents are as reliable as a huge pile of shit...

Something like 40mi + Torres is perfectly reasonable and makes sense for all parties involved!

I am not craving Cavani will go to Chelsea and Torres to Napoli, I am just trying to make you see that it is indeed a logical trade...

Falcao's father said he liked Chelsea, not his agent. He signed up to Jorge Mendes to force a move.

Radamel Falcao’s father claims his son will opt for a transfer move this winter. The father, who is also named Radamel, told reporters that his son has great love for the Premier League club Chelsea, so a move away from Atletico Madrid is “very likely”.
“Ever since he was a boy he has loved Chelsea and has always thought it would be an honor to play for a big Premier League team.

http://www.faniq.com/blog/Radamel-Falcaos-father-reaffirms-move-from-Atletico-Madrid-to-Chelsea-Blog-54484

Torres going to Napoli doesn't make sense as Cavani leaving doesn't make sense as he is their best player and replacing him with mediocre is shit business. Why trade your BMW for a Ford? Say if Torres was better it would make an bit more sense but hes hardly that good a player. I personally see Benitez asking for either one of Luiz or Rami plus cash for Cavani.

Anyway if we are serious about Cavani, if Torres will be part of the deal or not, get it done early.

Torres going to Napoli doesn't make sense as Cavani leaving doesn't make sense as he is their best player and replacing him with mediocre is shit business. Why trade your BMW for a Ford?

Maybe because this isnt wonderland? Because although you love your BMW you still need to pay for the gas, ensurance, etc? Because even if you are able to pay for all that you still need to bank other stuff in life, such as your house, kids, wife, etc?

Napoli can drastically raise Cavani's wage to keep him but do nothing else or they can have a mediocre striker and improve in other areas. It is up to them to decide!

Maybe because this isnt wonderland? Because although you love your BMW you still need to pay for the gas, ensurance, etc? Because even if you are able to pay for all that you still need to bank other stuff in life, such as your house, kids, wife, etc?

Napoli can drastically raise Cavani's wage to keep him but do nothing else or they can have a mediocre striker and improve in other areas. It is up to them to decide!

Do what we did last summer? I'm sure they would rather they kept and strengthened at the same time. I'm sure Napoli would prefer all the cash upfront so they could sign their own players. Thats why I believe if we sign him it will be for either the full €63 million or money plus Rami/Luiz who their is credible evidence that Rafa wants them.

Do what we did last summer? I'm sure they would rather they kept and strengthened at the same time. I'm sure Napoli would prefer all the cash upfront so they could sign their own players. Thats why I believe if we sign him it will be for either the full 63 million or money plus Rami/Luiz who their is credible evidence that Rafa wants them.

Omg, I give up! :doh:

1) The same exact sources that say Benitez wants Rambo, say he wants Torres. However, one is credible and the other isnt?

2) Napoli would want 63mi and have to go to the market to get a new striker, but would not accept 40mi + Torres? (Torres wont be as useless in another team at another league, specially with Benitez)

3) Cavani will want to stay in Naples because his agent said so? Would he turn down money, Mourinho, Mazacar, EPL, etc, because he wuvs Napoli?

4) Torres will prefer money over a fresh new start because...?

Anyway, most people agree that this deal makes perfect sense and that it CAN happen. Only you cant see it...

EDIT: I know this transfer difficult, but there is a decent chance of it happening. I dont know why you are all reluctant in seeing it. I never said it is absolutely a given, but the logic is right there in fron of our noses...

I really hope Torres leaves and goes to Atletico. He's tarnished his reputation at this joke of a club and unlike Shevchenko he still has some time on him to repair it.

The way some fans constantly abuse him and deride him on here you'd never think he was actually the best striker on the planet at one point of his career just like Sheva was.

Liverpool/Spain irresponsibly burning him out, back to back hamstring injuries, playing an obscene amount of games in his early years and loss on confidence are why he's not the player he once was. As much as fans love to blame the player Chelsea are the ones who decided to waste 50m on him, knowing his injury history and current form that season.

The hatred should be aimed at our board not the player. It's frustrating watching him at times but he has had some notable moments for the club, show some respect for crying out loud.

A villain is someone like Suarez the racist, diving, biting, violent scumbag not someone who can hardly do fuck all about his current situation.

Anyway I hope he leaves, I'm still not convinced this club plays to his strengths and perhaps a change of environment would do him good.

what the fuck??? go fuck yourself you cunt... bloody torres loving bitch.

He (gilvorak) does have a point in certain parts of his post. No matter how shit Torres plays, there is always somebody above him who pulls the strings and decides if he is good enough for Chelsea. So, you should point your finger at those people aswell, maybe they're even more culpable.

Omg, I give up! :doh:

You see what you want to see..

1) The same exact sources that say Benitez wants Rambo, say he wants Torres. However, one is credible and the other isnt?

2) Napoli would want 63mi and have to go to the market to get a new striker, but would not accept 40mi + Torres? (Torres wont be as useless in another team at another league, specially with Benitez)

3) Cavani will want to stay in Naples because his agent said so? Would he turn down money, Mourinho, Mazacar, EPL, etc, because he wuvs Napoli?

4) Torres will prefer money over a fresh new start because...?

Anyway, most people agree that this deal makes perfect sense and that it CAN happen. Only you cant see it...

No Torres' agent hasn't said Benitez wants him at Napoli unlike Rami and Luiz's agent who said they aren't leaving despite Benitez reported interest in them.

Yes I'm sure Napoli would love 60 odd million to reinvest. They will have a shortlist of CFs in case Cavani goes I'm sure and I'm sure if he goes they will replacement him well enough.

I never said he'd turn us down, I said there is no proof of any urgency that he wants to leave........

Torres will want to stay in England because his family is settled here and have been for years, hes playing in a top team in a top a league. If he wanted a fresh start wouldn't he of left already? I'd imagine so.

The deal makes perfect sense for Chelsea but not for Napoli. I can't see it happening because ultimately Cavani is Napoli's player and they aren't fucking idiots like we are signing Torres for 50m in the first place.

I don't share that optimism though. The plus point is Napoli will look to sell but de Laurentiis is not an idiot to buy into Torres.

They will have striker shortlists by now and it's highly unlikely that Torres is near the top. There's Remy, Damiao, Dzeko, all far better and easier-to-get prospects. There is also the pool of strikers they can sign domestically in Italy - Mauro Icardi from Sampdoria has been linked.

and if the rumour about Dzeko being offered is true, Napoli won't even think twice about rejecting Chelsea offer. The only way Chelsea offer of cash + Torres will get accepted in my view is if it is the only offer or if the cash goes nearer to the release clause.

Moreover, Torres wages are humongous. Will he accept a wage cut? and more relevant - Will he agree to go to Napoli? Apart from FSW, he has no possible reason to go to Italy. He probably prefers to go back to Spain.

I can see Torres + Cash happening, it would give them a replacement (albeit a inferior one) as well as money to add to the squad, but because i think it can happen. my brain instantly thinks that if Citeh are truly sniffing around him, they would be the prefer bidders. We have a somewhat hesitant stance when going in for players when we don't have a manager, so until Jose comes, i don't think this could be done, sealed and dealed.

Maybe the annual saga of the summer window for us, Citeh and god knows how many other clubs vying for his signature? I think that could be the case.

I don't share that optimism though. The plus point is Napoli will look to sell but de Laurentiis is not an idiot to buy into Torres.

They will have striker shortlists by now and it's highly unlikely that Torres is near the top. There's Remy, Damiao, Dzeko, all far better and easier-to-get prospects. There is also the pool of strikers they can sign domestically in Italy - Mauro Icardi from Sampdoria has been linked.

and if the rumour about Dzeko being offered is true, Napoli won't even think twice about rejecting Chelsea offer. The only way Chelsea offer of cash + Torres will get accepted in my view is if it is the only offer or if the cash goes nearer to the release clause.

Moreover, Torres wages are humongous. Will he accept a wage cut? and more relevant - Will he agree to go to Napoli? Apart from FSW, he has no possible reason to go to Italy. He probably prefers to go back to Spain.

The problem is that you all think Torres is viewed by Europeans the same way as he is viewed by Chelsea fans. If you talk to Italians or Spanish fans, you would be surprised by how high he is still ranked. Besides, his performances in Europa League and Barcelona gives them many excuses for their positivism...

You are trying to put yourself into Napoli's president mind, but you forget that little important part if the puzzle!

Fernando Torres is not as useless as you are all making of him. I bet he will do much better at Napoli than he ever did here. Napoli cant get anyone much better for 20mi euros. Add to that Benitez's wish to see him at Naplesa and there you go!

There arent many options instead of Torres. Remy is shit, Damiao is shit, Suarez is too expensive and Dzeko is at about the same wage as Torres (with the downside he isnt yet super rich, so money is still a big deal).

The Zorres we saw in relapses is good enough to play in Serie A. It is indeed a player worth 20mi euros...

Seems like I've touched a nerve. Club is a complete joke, take the blinders off.

After the Di Matteo sacking and hiring Rafa I've lost faith in the people that run it. Disagreeing with how the club is run doesn't make me less of a fan than anyone else.

9 managers in 9 years.

Spending a combined £80m combined on Torres and Shevchenko.

Not allowing Drogba to retire at the club and nearly doing the same with Lamps if not for his mates in the press.

Failure to produce a single homegrown talent in over ten years and immorally stacking up on youth only to neglect them months later. 23 players on loan!

Whoring the club out overseas while neglecting the local fanbase.

The CPO fiasco.

That fat c**t Gourlay & Buck.

Countless scandals and incessant reports of player power.

Spending millions every year yet still can't produce a balanced squad.

I could go on and on but I can't be arsed with an exam coming up.

Club is a complete joke, take the blinders off.

After the Di Matteo sacking and hiring Rafa I've lost faith in the people that run it. Disagreeing with how the club is run doesn't make me less of a fan than anyone else.

9 managers in 9 years.

Spending a combined £80m combined on Torres and Shevchenko.

Not allowing Drogba to retire at the club and nearly doing the same with Lamps if not for his mates in the press.

Failure to produce a single homegrown talent in over ten years and immorally stacking up on youth only to neglect them months later. 23 players on loan!

Whoring the club out overseas while neglecting the local fanbase.

That fat c**t Gourlay & Buck.

Countless scandals and incessant reports of player power.

Spending millions every year yet still can't produce a balanced squad.

I could go on and on but I can't be arsed with an exam coming up.

10 years, 11 trophies.

Deal with it.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You