Edinson Cavani

CFC58

To me Cavani is what we need in chelsea, I want to see Cavani + Ba+ lukaku (I have great hope in him). I have faith that the deal will be done, and that we will beat Man city to it. I have a question, if Napoli want to sell Cavani to us, why did they increase his money?

Do you guys honestly, and I mean honestly think we'll get Cavani? Just interested in what you all think, I really hope he comes. But talking realistically please.

I certainly think that there's a realistic chance of him signing for Chelsea. That is of course not to say Chelsea are favorites, but lets not pretend it would be completely crazy if he did come here.

Do you guys honestly, and I mean honestly think we'll get Cavani? Just interested in what you all think, I really hope he comes. But talking realistically please.

No honestly. We may have inquired about his availability, which is pretty normal. but very much doubt that we made an actual offer for him.

I think we can buy him if the the new coach(Mourinho) wants him. Napoli would sell him for a good offer, and I think Cavani would leave South Italy for a giant club.

So if we want him he could come.

As a result of Falcao having been signed by Monaco, and Lewandowski pretty much set for Bayern Munich, we need to do everything possible in bringing (at least) one striker of world-class quality to Chelsea, be that someone like Cavani, Jovetić, Dzeko or even Wayne Rooney. Every successful club needs that special player up front capable of changing a game, which sadly (current) Torres and Demba Ba cannot provide. On a goal-to-game basis all players I included above have notably goal scoring records, seemingly fitting in with Chelsea's recent inability to finish chances, and as a simple as it sounds a game won't be won without goals. If we are to release the services of one of our front men, not including Lukaku who I expect will be kept out on loan, I could easily see two of the four join our squad – and with Jose, additional strikers could be bought to recreate his old 4-3-3 tactic.

Trophies aren't the be-all and end-all.

Pretty sure every Chelsea fan celebrated Lampard's 203rd more than the Europa League!

They aren't, but they are the most important thing to a football club, to players and the fans.

I was at Villa Park when Lampard scored his 203rd and I was obviously delighted, one of my best away days so far, but overall, in general, trophies are more important to me. Regardless, it doesn't mean you should call the club a joke. It sounds like you hate everything about the club and that's why you're touching nerves.

We have as much chance of singing him as any club out there. The only difference with "some" world class strikers is that he's not as marketable.

But there's no doubt in my mind that he's the best striker on the planet. This guy gives his all on the pitch, so committed and determined to win. He's the only striker that's comparable to Didier.

The only joke here is the amount of support Torres is still receiving from the club and the fans. Someone like Daniel Sturridge gets booed after a couple selfish decisions in a game while we sing Torres' name like he's our almighty savior after every petty goal he scores.

And don't make me laugh...we don't play to his strengths? Torres will never get back to his best and was a one season wonder under Liverpool. What he's accomplished for us this season + shirt sales will salvage what is left of one of the biggest highway robberies in football history.

No offence but that is the biggest bullshit statement I have ever seen. Torres was not a one season wonder at Liverpool hence why he scored nearly 100 goals for them in 4 years.

Nope. The club forced his hand for Torres of all people. Put one of the most illogical buys in PL history over Chelsea's greatest striker just to save face.

Bolax, he wanted to make the ultimate exit. His last kick for Chelsea to win the CL.

Wrong. Didier would have stayed had we offered him a new contract. We didn't.

I thought we did offer him a 1 year contract (according to widespread reports at the time)...but he wanted 2 years..and that clashed with the clubs over-30 policy.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You