Edinson Cavani

CFC58

About Cavani, dont believe for a second that real madrid are going for him. Bronzetti which is a "Transfer" man to put it simply said that its most likely that cavani stays in napoli, Perez has made allusion to the fact that real madrid are not really looking for strikers ( ignore the suarez thing for now, hes brought himself more on to madrid if anything), and the guy is too expensive.

I also heard PSG could go out firing at will for rooney so only city and chelsea i think could land cavani if he leaves napoli but very educated people like Bronzetti among others really make it sound like hes not leaving napoli, along with napoli offering him a higher wage.

Best striker in the world. I just don't understand how it can even be up for debate. I really do not.

He's not just the most complete striker, but I think he's the most complete player in the top 5 or 10 leagues currently.

He's got the engine of Ramires, hold-up play of Drogba, aerial ability of, well, Drogba again, finishing of...Drogba in his prime, the passing any striker is really expected to have (better than any of our current options), instinct of Falcao, pace which rivals any player not in the 'elite' speed class such as Walcott, Ronaldo, Lennon, Doumbia etc; the audacity to try shots we wouldn't even think of like Ibrahimovic or perhaps Cisse of last season; the strength of 3 tanks combined; a first-touch which could rival Mata's and most importantly to me personally you simply don't see him not give his all in any club game. (He seems sad when playing for his national team but still gives a lot.)

On top of all that, he's a beast whether defending or attacking set pieces. Our most important player from set pieces (defending) over the years was Drogba. He would simply win the ball back in the air or hassle opponents, hit the ball to Malouda, Mata or whoever's available, then try his hardest to counter-attack. This is exactly what Cavani does also - only Cavani has more stamina and pace.

I think he's got what cannot be calculated or presented with stats. Just a special aura which only special players have. These players so often end up at Chelsea. When I look at Cavani, I see everything which represents this club which is slowly being lost with the decline and loss of our core.

I think we need him.

Oh, and just keep in mind he's achieved all that and hasn't been managed by a single top class manager in his career while also playing with no more than 3 top players at once at club level (Hamsik, Lavezzi when he was there and, well, okay make that 2 players.) Just imagine what he could do here under Mourinho.

Edit: Other important traits:- He's a masterful penalty taker. He's as composed as they come. He's got above average dribbling for such a strong, physical striker. His ball control is something to be admired. He always gets the ball in place inch-perfect when he wants to round the keeper or fool a defender.

Also unlike so many players we get linked to, he always performs in the big games.

Amen.

Best striker in the world. I just don't understand how it can even be up for debate. I really do not.

He's not just the most complete striker, but I think he's the most complete player in the top 5 or 10 leagues currently.

He's got the engine of Ramires, hold-up play of Drogba, aerial ability of, well, Drogba again, finishing of...Drogba in his prime, the passing any striker is really expected to have (better than any of our current options), instinct of Falcao, pace which rivals any player not in the 'elite' speed class such as Walcott, Ronaldo, Lennon, Doumbia etc; the audacity to try shots we wouldn't even think of like Ibrahimovic or perhaps Cisse of last season; the strength of 3 tanks combined; a first-touch which could rival Mata's and most importantly to me personally you simply don't see him not give his all in any club game. (He seems sad when playing for his national team but still gives a lot.)

He is in the top 3 strikers in the world but you are clearly overhyping him. Nowhere near the engine Ramires is, not as good as DD in the air and not as lethal as Falcao. I think that he is the best all-around striker though, but certainly not the best at everything like you make him out to be.

Nowhere near the engine Ramires is

How much of him do you watch? Can you prove that? He's in the opposition box and in his own box far more than Ramires is.

not as good as DD in the air

He really, really is. Check out his goals from this season on Youtube. They're all in one video if you search "Cavani". Simply watch how he dominates the air. Drogba would too often try and push his opponent away before chesting the ball; Cavani gets his head right to it and it works every time.

and not as lethal as Falcao.

I know and I didn't say he was. He has the same poacher's instinct that Falcao is; As-in being in the right place at the right time. Like a 6th-sense.

I think that he is the best all-around striker though, but certainly not the best at everything like you make him out to be.

I didn't make out he's the best at anything or everything lol. My whole post is saying and explaining how he's the best all-round striker which you've just said yourself, but not the best at any particular abilities.

He is in the top 3 strikers in the world but you are clearly overhyping him. Nowhere near the engine Ramires is, not as good as DD in the air and not as lethal as Falcao. I think that he is the best all-around striker though, but certainly not the best at everything like you make him out to be.

Welcome to his world, where bias and hype rule over rationality...

Don't worry, it's only the 1th of june.. Announce Morinho first.

i know but with city snapping on his heals and with falcao and lewano longer an option, he should be our no.1 concern after mou is announced tomorrow (hopefully). i just dont want to be stuck with torres any longer,

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You