Edinson Cavani

CFC58

The problem is that you all think Torres is viewed by Europeans the same way as he is viewed by Chelsea fans. If you talk to Italians or Spanish fans, you would be surprised by how high he is still ranked. Besides, his performances in Europa League and Barcelona gives them many excuses for their positivism...

You are trying to put yourself into Napoli's president mind, but you forget that little important part if the puzzle!

Fernando Torres is not as useless as you are all making of him. I bet he will do much better at Napoli than he ever did here. Napoli cant get anyone much better for 20mi euros. Add to that Benitez's wish to see him at Naplesa and there you go!

There arent many options instead of Torres. Remy is shit, Damiao is shit, Suarez is too expensive and Dzeko is at about the same wage as Torres (with the downside he isnt yet super rich, so money is still a big deal).

The Zorres we saw in relapses is good enough to play in Serie A. It is indeed a player worth 20mi euros...

No denying that Torres could do well in the Serie A but the mistake you're making is thinking that Torres will be anywhere near the top of the list. In Italy, he is not thought of as the shitbag we think he is but I am certain Napoli fans and board alike don't rate him very highly either. Solonapoli will give a clearer view on this but these are his exact words "30 million and Torres is really a ridiculous offer, Abramovich may pay the entire clause"..." or could put some other players not Torres"

"Remy is shit, Damiao is shit" is a naive statement to make when comparing with Torres. They will command much less wage and fees than our Torres (fees being the amount Torres deducts from the release clause)

Don't get me wrong - not saying this won't happen at all but not as easy as raising offer. The cash fee will have to be really high for Napoli to accept and plus there is the problem of competition from Man City, Torres accepting Napoli. Not all straight-forward.

Seems like I've touched a nerve. Club is a complete joke, take the blinders off.

Don't use the general word club. Use word like board, Roman, etc. you can't possibly say "club is a complete joke" if you are actually a Chelsea fan.

Seems like I've touched a nerve. Club is a complete joke, take the blinders off.

After the Di Matteo sacking and hiring Rafa I've lost faith in the people that run it. Disagreeing with how the club is run doesn't make me less of a fan than anyone else.

9 managers in 9 years.

Spending a combined £80m combined on Torres and Shevchenko.

Not allowing Drogba to retire at the club and nearly doing the same with Lamps if not for his mates in the press.

Failure to produce a single homegrown talent in over ten years and immorally stacking up on youth only to neglect them months later. 23 players on loan!

Whoring the club out overseas while neglecting the local fanbase.

The CPO fiasco.

That fat c**t Gourlay & Buck.

Countless scandals and incessant reports of player power.

Spending millions every year yet still can't produce a balanced squad.

I could go on and on but I can't be arsed with an exam coming up.

Spot on exept Drogba, wasn't his decision to move on?

After the Di Matteo sacking and hiring Rafa I've lost faith in the people that run it. Disagreeing with how the club is run doesn't make me less of a fan than anyone else.

9 managers in 9 years.

Spending a combined £80m combined on Torres and Shevchenko.

Not allowing Drogba to retire at the club and nearly doing the same with Lamps if not for his mates in the press.

Failure to produce a single homegrown talent in over ten years and immorally stacking up on youth only to neglect them months later. 23 players on loan!

Whoring the club out overseas while neglecting the local fanbase.

The CPO fiasco.

That fat c**t Gourlay & Buck.

Countless scandals and incessant reports of player power.

Spending millions every year yet still can't produce a balanced squad.

I could go on and on but I can't be arsed with an exam coming up.

Neglecting youth? Tell that to Bertrand, Ake, Loftus-Cheek and Christensen.

We have plenty of trophies so the board is doing something right.

I really hope Torres leaves and goes to Atletico. He's tarnished his reputation at this joke of a club and unlike Shevchenko he still has some time on him to repair it.

The way some fans constantly abuse him and deride him on here you'd never think he was actually the best striker on the planet at one point of his career just like Sheva was.

Liverpool/Spain irresponsibly burning him out, back to back hamstring injuries, playing an obscene amount of games in his early years and loss on confidence are why he's not the player he once was. As much as fans love to blame the player Chelsea are the ones who decided to waste 50m on him, knowing his injury history and current form that season.

The hatred should be aimed at our board not the player. It's frustrating watching him at times but he has had some notable moments for the club, show some respect for crying out loud.

A villain is someone like Suarez the racist, diving, biting, violent scumbag not someone who can hardly do fuck all about his current situation.

Anyway I hope he leaves, I'm still not convinced this club plays to his strengths and perhaps a change of environment would do him good.

The only joke here is the amount of support Torres is still receiving from the club and the fans. Someone like Daniel Sturridge gets booed after a couple selfish decisions in a game while we sing Torres' name like he's our almighty savior after every petty goal he scores.

And don't make me laugh...we don't play to his strengths? Torres will never get back to his best and was a one season wonder under Liverpool. What he's accomplished for us this season + shirt sales will salvage what is left of one of the biggest highway robberies in football history.

No denying that Torres could do well in the Serie A but the mistake you're making is thinking that Torres will be anywhere near the top of the list. In Italy, he is not thought of as the shitbag we think he is but I am certain Napoli fans and board alike don't rate him very highly either. Solonapoli will give a clearer view on this but these are his exact words "30 million and Torres is really a ridiculous offer, Abramovich may pay the entire clause"..." or could put some other players not Torres"

I dont think he is in the top of their list. But, assuming Benitez asks for him and they can also get a bunch of money. Dont you think it becomes viable?

"Remy is shit, Damiao is shit" is a naive statement to make when comparing with Torres. They will command much less wage and fees than our Torres (fees being the amount Torres deducts from the release clause)

I think both of them are shit and I would love to see someone like Spurs waisting 20mi pounds on a player of Damiao's inequality...

Don't get me wrong - not saying this won't happen at all but not as easy as raising offer. The cash fee will have to be really high for Napoli to accept and plus there is the problem of competition from Man City, Torres accepting Napoli. Not all straight-forward.

Totally agree, but the possibility is there. It can happen, we just need to be focus and hope Benitez does his part. As soon as we wrap up this deal, the better we are!

Spot on exept Drogba, wasn't his decision to move on?

Nope. The club forced his hand for Torres of all people. Put one of the most illogical buys in PL history over Chelsea's greatest striker just to save face. Will never forgive the club for it.

It's similar to Lamps saga really except Lampard had the relentless backing from his media mates and constantly moaned about the situation to the press. Afraid JT's off next summer as well though, no one to protect him.

The only joke here is the amount of support Torres is still receiving from the club and the fans. Someone like Daniel Sturridge gets booed after a couple selfish decisions in a game while we sing Torres' name like he's our almighty savior after every petty goal he scores.

And don't make me laugh...we don't play to his strengths? Torres will never get back to his best and was a one season wonder under Liverpool. What he's accomplished for us this season + shirt sales will salvage what is left of one of the biggest highway robberies in football history.

You're right it was a shocking buy. But unlike everyone else I place the blame on the cronies that run the club not the player. Whether you like it or not its Buck and the other cunts who thought it would be wise to spend £50m on a player in rapid decline and hampered by injuries although they would be more than delighted to have the fans believe otherwise.

By the way, I was one of Sturridge's biggest backers and the way he's been playing at Liverpool looks like it'll eventually bite us in the arse.

Trophies aren't the be-all and end-all.

Pretty sure every Chelsea fan celebrated Lampard's 203rd more than the Europa League!

could be a statement by an Arsenal Fan hehe

I dont think he is in the top of their list. But, assuming Benitez asks for him and they can also get a bunch of money. Dont you think it becomes viable?

that Benitez has gone there is the only reason this deal will even be considered. i am hopeful but not on the verge of accepting it will definitely become reality

I think both of them are shit and I would love to see someone like Spurs waisting 20mi pounds on a player of Damiao's inequality...

Don't necessarily agree that they're worse than Torres but who cares? we are anyway looking at players a class above Damiao quality. Also, this is the 5th window in a row Damiao will be signing for Spurs. We'll see if it actually happens

Totally agree, but the possibility is there. It can happen, we just need to be focus and hope Benitez does his part. As soon as we wrap up this deal, the better we are!

Would probably flip out like everyone else if this happened but part of me thinks it's all too good to be true. Something like a deal one would engineer in FM

Do you guys honestly, and I mean honestly think we'll get Cavani? Just interested in what you all think, I really hope he comes. But talking realistically please.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You