Kai Havertz

Blues11

33 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

I do not see Ruben getting any significant match time, regardless if he gets to his best or not. Kova, Frank Lampards son Mount, Havertz, Kante, Billy and Ruben. Kante plays every match, Kova is our best player and we buy someone that costs 90 mio Euros, so he will also play. Mount will play as no. 1 BU and Ruben is the second BU. I expect him to leave in January, so Ruben has a chance to get to the Euros. He has realistic chances getting to the Euros because he played in the last World cup couple of matches and Southgate knows him well because he was his U21 coach.

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

Ruben has been nothing but potential. He has amazing attributes which every coach can see so he attracts interest, but Ruben has never consistently lived up to his promise. As a result the sands of time are now running against him. His play in the World Cup can only have served to open Southgate's eyes to the reality that, although Rubes looks like he should be a difference maker, he simply does not perform well enough, often enough. His WC displays were typically flat.

I expect Ruben to be a part of next season's Chelsea squad but, unless he finds the psychological key to unlock his potential, it may prove to be the last one during which anyone continues to believe he has a bright future. After that, it's life as a bit part player here (maybe) or try his luck elsewhere.

8 minutes ago, Jason said:

Didn't he just sign a new five-year deal last year? Doubt anyone can afford him anyway and at worst, we'll loan him out. 

Yep, five year deal with wages of £120K/wk + bonuses. That's a clear statement of trust by the club and Lampard, no way he is let go. RLC might not be a star player or a guaranteed starter but he'll be a part of the squad and play a role. It would be stupid to count on him too much given his injury record, so next season he'll continue to be eased back into the squad. He'll get plenty of opportunities, even if it is mostly as a sub.

As for Havertz:

7drHiqr.gif

Personal terms have already been agreed. Kai #Haverts just wants to join #Chelsea. No other team. In a few days there will be the official bid from Chelsea to find the agreement with Bayern Leverkusen around €80M. Talks ongoing very fast. #CFC

#Transfers

Ziyech, Werner, Havertz...50% job done.

Now waiting for Oblak, Rice and Alaba :D

On a serious note, I think Pulisic and Havertz have potential to fight for Ballon d Or in the future and Timo for Golden Boot.

Havertz, Werner, Pulisic, Ziyech looks unreal.

My question is with them in the squad what we need from other two midfielders? There was a lot of talk that Frank wants to play with two number 8 but I think with these 4 players upfront we would be better with double pivot to protect defense.

Jorginho and Kovacic are great pair. And can Mount play this position?

6 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Ziyech, Werner, Havertz...50% jobs done.

On a serious note, I think Pulisic and Havertz have potential to fight for Ballon d Or in the future and Timo for Golden Boot.

My question is with them in the squad what we need from other two midfielders? There was a lot of talk that Frank wants to play with two number 8 but I think with these 4 players upfront we would be better with double pivot to protect defense.

It's 

Pulisic Werner Ziyech

Havertz Mount/Kovacic

Kante/Rice

Replica of last season City...a sitting DM behind two 8s...

38 minutes ago, Puliiszola said:

"Frank's son" - seriously? Its sad to see the amount of hate our own youth players get from our own fans. Its baffling.

Anyways, Kante, Kova, gilmour, Rlc, mount, Kai. 6 players for 3 positions. If this season is anything to go by, injuries will be galore, oppurtunities will be there. Lamps will be aware that he needs to rotate more too.

Literally no way RLC leaves us. 

To add to all of that, since the next season will be "shorter" in time period, fixtures will be even more congested, injuries can be more rampant and rotation will be the need of the hour.

I detest the Franks son nonsense

1 hour ago, turgi said:

Where does he fit?

That's why we're trying to get another Defensive midfielder to stand in for Kante (due to his injury issues) so that they'll protect all these attacking players we're getting 

23 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

I am busting with excitement about this, more than any other transfer for years.

Hopefully he lives up to his hype. 

I'm still doubting if he's as good as people say because his assists numbers are low but we'll see. I think he's worth a solid £60mil pounds but if we get him for the rumoured £80mil, who am I to complain.

He'll still improve our attack immensely from what it is now regardless. 

2 hours ago, Jason said:

€80m for me is a fair/good deal. I have been banging on to everyone I know for 18 months about Harvetz and thought last season he would be a €100m player, so if we can get him for €80m I think that is fair. 

The only problem we have is that in terms of numbers we are absolutely loaded at CM (I see Harvetz playing as one of the No.8's in a 433 or the No.10 in a 4231). Kante, Jorgi, Kova, RLC, Mount, Barkley, Baka, Drinky means we are now at a stage where is is vital we start to sell a few. In my book Drinky is a busted flush so a loan with 1/4 of his wages being paid would be good. However, after that we really need to get rid of Baka and Barkley as otherwise they will just drain the wage bill. 

54 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

I am sure he has a decent chance. There is no one with the physicality like Ruben in their midfield and Southgate knows that.
RLC made Pogba look like a little child.
Prime Yaya could not handle a 17 year old Ruben when he played him in a friendly.

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

I am sorry but RLC still has a lot to prove because of injuries and his own inconsistency. I was also a massive RLC fan from his youth performances but the fact of the matter is, that barring for two months at the end of last season, he has not been fit enough nor consistent enough to warrant a first team place. 

RLC has a massive six months coming up but it is on him. He really needs to start taking games by the scuff of the neck and imposing himself as his biggest problem in men's football as been allowing games to pass him by. So, this treatment is fair in my book.

52 minutes ago, Puliiszola said:

"Frank's son" - seriously? Its sad to see the amount of hate our own youth players get from our own fans. Its baffling.

Anyways, Kante, Kova, gilmour, Rlc, mount, Kai. 6 players for 3 positions. If this season is anything to go by, injuries will be galore, oppurtunities will be there. Lamps will be aware that he needs to rotate more too.

Literally no way RLC leaves us. 

To add to all of that, since the next season will be "shorter" in time period, fixtures will be even more congested, injuries can be more rampant and rotation will be the need of the hour.

Indeed. The hate Mount in particular gets is ridiculous. For me, Mount has done everything one could've asked from a 20/21 year old in his first season in the PL. He also fully deserves his spot in the squad next year also. 

20 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Ziyech, Werner, Havertz...50% job done.

I think we may not be done in midfield yet but it may depend on how many players we can shift and if we can get decent money for them. For me, we are still lacking size/muscle in the middle of the pitch which is probably even lower than now if Harvetz takes a No.8 position which Barkley has been filling mainly. I honestly see SFL wanting a SMS, Partey or Rice for the midfield (I know these players aren't that similar but they represent the physical presence I reckon SFL will want.) 

However, to get such a player, it would mean the end of either Kante or Jorgi and both those players are hard to move on for various reasons. 

55 minutes ago, kellzfresh said:

I'm still doubting if he's as good as people say because his assists numbers are low but we'll see.

To be fair, I wouldn't read too much into the assist numbers because Leverkusen are hardly blessed with clinical finishers. I mean, Havertz was top their scorer in 2019/20 with 12 league goals!

If it makes you feel any better, he created 59 chances in the 2019/20 Bundesliga season, which is the 9th highest. To put that into context, Sancho created only 10 more chances (69) and the highest is 84 by Muller and he plays for Bayern. 

1 hour ago, killer1257 said:

Frank Lampards son Mount

Come on, seriously!!! 

Anyways, with the new rule in place of 5 subs having depth in the squad will be very important from next season. If Kai Havertz comes in then for me the place left is the squad will be No 8 ... I will want to see Mount start at 8 exchanging positions with Havertz however RLC can play that role as well. Feel Kovacic might take the fall in this role as he is not that good going forward but he might be an option for DM along with Kante. It will come down to who is doing well to get started. I m sure RLC will be a big part of Lampard's plan next season. 

Barkley and Jorginio will be sold. 

I think Barkley's future is more at stake than Ruben's. Havertz is what Barkley was always hyped up to be since he was a teenager. 

I could see Barkley staying until January and then moving then if he doesn't get many games. And I think we could milk quite a large fee from a midtable side like West Ham. Hell, maybe even this summer as part of a deal for Declan Rice.

18 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I think Barkley's future is more at stake than Ruben's. Havertz is what Barkley was always hyped up to be since he was a teenager. 

I could see Barkley staying until January and then moving then if he doesn't get many games. And I think we could milk quite a large fee from a midtable side like West Ham. Hell, maybe even this summer as part of a deal for Declan Rice.

Sell to Newcastle for £30m

We should not spend more than 60£ million max. for such a young and relatively inexperienced player (at least at European and international levels), regardless on how he was talented this year in the Bundesliga. Look at the amount spent by Barca and Real for the likes of Dembele, Jovic, respectively; Arsenal for Pepe, Spurs for Ndombele, etc with huge salaries to pay for many years to come while no return on investments, instead massive drop in market value of these players, which now prevent these clubs to be active on the transfer market. Negotiate tough, very tough!

13 minutes ago, BXL70 said:

We should not spend more than 60£ million max. for such a young and relatively inexperienced player (at least at European and international levels), regardless on how he was talented this year in the Bundesliga. Look at the amount spent by Barca and Real for the likes of Dembele, Jovic, respectively; Arsenal for Pepe, Spurs for Ndombele, etc with huge salaries to pay for many years to come while no return on investments, instead massive drop in market value of these players, which now prevent these clubs to be active on the transfer market. Negotiate tough, very tough!

Kai is young but he is not inexperienced. He has essentially been a first team player at Bayer since he was 17/18. He isn't a one season wonder like say a Mbappe was when he was brought (not saying he is better than Mbappe, just that he isn't no flash in the pan.)