Kai Havertz

Blues11

2 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Yeah it's done. He may also play Europa League. Hope he does not get injured

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

That really doesn't make sense at all.

We would risk him getting injured and/or he may take even longer to get settled in and adapt to Lampard's style the longer Leverkusen stay in the competition. Should just do a Werner. 

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

We would risk him getting injured and/or he may take even longer to get settled in and adapt to Lampard's style the longer Leverkusen stay in the competition. Should just do a Werner. 

Indeed. Although it could have been used as some kind of a leverage - Bayer ready to decrease the asking price as long as the player is allowed to finish the EL campaign and try to secure the CL football this way. Could be. I would rather get him asap, though, for more money.

4 minutes ago, Jason said:

I think they may have insisted on it but given us a bit off the original price to keep him to then. I dont know. Its hard to say until he’s officially announced. I mean its the same with Arthur at Barca hes signed for Juventus but will continue to the CL is done. Its not that big a deal IMO.

1 minute ago, Milan said:

Indeed. Although it could have been used as some kind of a leverage - Bayer ready to decrease the asking price as long as the player is allowed to finish the EL campaign and try to secure the CL football this way. Could be. I would rather get him asap, though, for more money.

Exactly. Touch wood, fingers crossed...nobody wants a situation like when Sane got a serious injury last year out of the blue and his move to Bayern was scuppered. 

1 minute ago, Jason said:

Exactly. Touch wood, fingers crossed...nobody wants a situation like when Sane got a serious injury last year out of the blue and his move to Bayern was scuppered. 

Sooo, you already like the idea of getting Havertz? :D 

1 minute ago, Jason said:

Not comparable to Werner IMO. For Werner the wait time between Bundesliga season and CL was two months but for Havertz it's only like two more weeks. Also worth noting that for Havertz there is no release clause so Leverkusen are in much a better position to negotiate than Leipzig were with Werner. 

Kai is also a Leverkusen youth product so he might feel more obligated to play and get a good send-off.

Even if it takes another few weeks I'd still say hats off to Marina for making business early for once. She's already landed Werner, Ziyech and now Havertz looks to be in the bag while none of our rivals have done anything in the market yet. 

1 minute ago, OneMoSalah said:

I think they may have insisted on it but given us a bit off the original price to keep him to then. I dont know. Its hard to say until he’s officially announced. I mean its the same with Arthur at Barca hes signed for Juventus but will continue to the CL is done. Its not that big a deal IMO.

I don't care what others do and they might have come to an agreement that Arthur will be around at Barcelona just to make up the numbers but he won't actually play much, if at all. That's what we are doing with Pedro, no? That won't be the case with Havertz when he's Leverkusen's best player. 

1 minute ago, Milan said:

Sooo, you already like the idea of getting Havertz? :D 

Since it looks like we're gonna get him now, might as well jump fully onto the bandwagon. 

And 3 of my attackers in my FM 20 Chelsea team are coming to fruition in reality. :lol: 

4 minutes ago, Jason said:

I don't care what others do and they might have come to an agreement that Arthur will be around at Barcelona just to make up the numbers but he won't actually play much, if at all. That's what we are doing with Pedro, no? That won't be the case with Havertz when he's Leverkusen's best player. 

Maybe but even if Havertz stays for their EL games, there is bound to be something in the clubs interest to protect him and our investment no? You would think so anyway. I would say your worrying about something that is more likely not to happen. Plus I will imagine FL will maybe integrate him in a similar way to Pulisic anyway, give him time to adjust and get his bearings in the team.

2 minutes ago, Jype said:

Not comparable to Werner IMO. For Werner the wait time between Bundesliga season and CL was two months but for Havertz it's only like two more weeks. Also worth noting that for Havertz there is no release clause so Leverkusen are in much a better position to negotiate than Leipzig were with Werner. 

Kai is also a Leverkusen youth product so he might feel more obligated to play and get a good send-off.

Even if it takes another few weeks I'd still say hats off to Marina for making business early for once. She's already landed Werner, Ziyech and now Havertz looks to be in the bag while none of our rivals have done anything in the market yet. 

The thing is, the new season starts in mid-September which is only a few weeks after the Europa League. Does Havertz then need another short break? How long would he take to adapt or settle into a new environment? The pre-season will be a short one. And of course, that is without mentioning the potential risk of an injury here. Leverkusen could end up like City where they got less money for Sane.