Kai Havertz

Blues11

1 minute ago, OneMoSalah said:

Maybe but even if Havertz stays for their EL games, there is bound to be something in the clubs interest to protect him and our investment no? You would think so anyway. 

Like what? If he stays for the Europa League, then I am pretty sure he will play. Otherwise, what's the point? 

Just now, Jason said:

The thing is, the new season starts in mid-September which is only a few weeks after the Europa League. Does Havertz then need another short break? How long would he take to adapt or settle into a new environment? The pre-season will be a short one. And of course, that is without mentioning the potential risk of an injury here. Leverkusen could end up like City where they got less money for Sane. 

Yeah I know there are certain risks involved but if Leverkusen demand he stays and tries to help them in the EL what can Marina do, cancel the whole thing?

Just now, Jype said:

Yeah I know there are certain risks involved but if Leverkusen demand he stays and tries to help them in the EL what can Marina do, cancel the whole thing?

Havertz can force the issue, considering he seems desperate to leave this summer. 

Just now, Jason said:

Havertz can force the issue, considering he seems desperate to leave this summer. 

He could, but despite wanting to leave does he really want to sour his relationship to the club that raised him and made him the player he is today?

6 hours ago, King Kante said:

Kai is young but he is not inexperienced. He has essentially been a first team player at Bayer since he was 17/18. He isn't a one season wonder like say a Mbappe was when he was brought (not saying he is better than Mbappe, just that he isn't no flash in the pan.) 

Thank you for clarifying!

Personal terms were never going to be an issue. That's the easy part. Agreeing a fee with Bayer was always going to be the tricky bit. You have to assume they're going to play hardball and stick to their demands. He is their best player after all.

I think this will happen after the PL season ends and we can start moving players on.

35 minutes ago, Jype said:

He could, but despite wanting to leave does he really want to sour his relationship to the club that raised him and made him the player he is today?

They can do it amicably. They don't have to take the nasty route.

Moreover, the longer Havertz stays there and play for them, the longer Leverkusen will have to wait to get paid and be able to reinvest in their squad. 

When opposition fans are spouting off about us buying the league again, you know we are on the way back !

This is a massive deal following Werner and Ziyech

Suspect our window will end soon as a LB is signed.  And possibly Declan Rice depending on the fee

But again, if someone integral does go, they need replacing so plenty of ifs and buts yet perhaps

9 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Funny thing is that I am more excited about Werner and Havertz and I rate them more than Hakim but I think Ziyech will be the guy with more influence on our game basically like Bruno for Utd.

We need them all to do great, if them 3 along with Puli click then thats one scary front line

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

Moreover, the longer Havertz stays there and play for them, the longer Leverkusen will have to wait to get paid and be able to reinvest in their squad. 

They will more than likely play with Inter on August 10th in QF. I imagine this will be their last match so Kai will play just two more times for them.

From August 10th to October 5th is a lot of time for Bayer to do transfers.

We play with Bayern just two days before and I imagine players will have 2 or 3 weeks off after that game including Kai. So no issues...