Kai Havertz

Blues11

16 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

So you say that Mount is playing these great through balls but Tammy and Giroud do not score from his passes?

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

Talk about going for the sensational headline.

Let's take Pulisic for example, he's only just picked up his first assist since the restart but anyone who's anyone knows he has in the context of play had a lot more.

Mount made a brilliant run past the Villa defense on the opening day back and was denied an assist because no one gambled. Watford and Spurs goals (Giroud and Alonso respectively) came about due to Mount's quick thinking to open up avenue's, he didn't technically get the assist but without his input we don't create the chance on either occasion let alone score. Mount also set up a goal for Nugent last season against Millwall but because he dummied it and didn't touch it it didn't go on record as his assist.

The other extreme would be whoever made the backwards pass to Charlie Adam before he booted it in at the half way line at our place would technically have an assist on record, it wouldn't really be a proper assist though.

Until the term assist gets redefined it's good for fantasy football league's but not much else, unless a player is assisting at an obscene rate like KDB I take next to no notice of it. Key passes and key dribbles are a much bigger sign of creativity. I'm not saying Mount's the most creative player to ever exist, but this "no assist from open play" thing is about as crap and misleading as the no assists by Jorginho last season or Hazard only getting something like 4/5 the season before that (that latter one alone should have triggered a reassesment on what an assist is).

He wins less than 20% headers and with Kante besides him, that would be a huge risk. And only because he won once against Vertonghen does not mean he will win it against the likes of Matic or Pogba on regular basis. This season he plays as a no. 10 most of the times, so he had not have to win tackles against Fabinho, Pogba or Matic etc.

We are not a physical team in the first place and Lampard says that often. Havertz may be tall, but physicality is not his strength

That's still 20% more then our entire back line when defending set pieces and corners [emoji23]

Verstuurd vanaf mijn F5121 met Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, Simon1991 said:

Delivering a good set-piece/corner is a form a creativity. We go on and on about how we cannot deliver good corners (hello Willian) and indirect free-kicks, so why wouldn't it count in terms of creativity? 

And yet Willian has most assists in our team this season :D

If Kepa take all corners and set pieces he would have a few assists as well.

New season it will be Ziyech so that means Mount would have zero.

He has two or three things I like in his game but creativity is definitely not one of them.

12 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

And yet Willian has most assists in our team this season :D

If Kepa take all corners and set pieces he would have a few assists as well.

New season it will be Ziyech so that means Mount would have zero.

He has two or three things I like in his game but creativity is definitely not one of them.

I am not saying he's the most creative player aka KDB or lionel Messi, but stating Mount has no creativy is just not right, i am sorry.

Mount's intangibles are part of his creativity. The spaces he creates for his teammates, the urgency with which he plays, the breaking pass before the assist, all of those are intangibles but it must be accounted for when we discuss creativity. 

Just to give a comparison point, when Hazard was pulling 3 players down the left, hence creating space and then picking up a teammate, that was creativity. Not showing in numbers but clear for everyone to see if you watched him play. That's the creativity Mount offers.

I wonder why Frank plays him week in week out if he's not physical, not creative, is it just for the pressing? come on.. -_-

So a DM? Why not get a DM then?

Because we have a small DM and that is Kante,who is untouchable and I can see why he is. So either Kante's partner needs to be more physical or we just accept the fact that we will get overrun many times

Even Barcelona has Busquets who is tall and more physical than the rest of the team.

1 hour ago, killer1257 said:

Florentino Perez said that Real will not sign big players. So either Havertz comes to us and play EL or he stays at Bayer Leverkusen

Have faith bro. It's not over yet.

23 hours ago, killer1257 said:

Because we have a small DM and that is Kante,who is untouchable and I can see why he is. So either Kante's partner needs to be more physical or we just accept the fact that we will get overrun many times

Even Barcelona has Busquets who is tall and more physical than the rest of the team.

Our defence is sadly complete shite. GK, CB and DM will all have to be brought if we want a balanced squad. Oblak, Partey and good, experienced CB would be more important than getting Havertz.

Id love Havertz here, but we already have Pulisic, Werner and Ziyech who will play front 3 most likely. 

2 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

Our defence is sadly complete shite. GK, CB and DM will all have to be brought if we want a balanced squad. Oblak, Partey and good, experienced CB would be more important than getting Havertz.

Id love Havertz here, but we already have Pulisic, Werner and Ziyech who will play front 3 most likely. 

IF the choice is what you laid out (wish you had listed the acceptable CB's)

I would take Oblak (insane salary alert)  Skriniar (it gets dicey if we start to talking about CB's not named Skriniar,  Romagnoli, Giménez, Marquinhos, Verane de Ligt, or even Stefan de Vrij), and Partey (or Rice over Partey) over Havertz alllllllll day

but those are all massive pulls, some damn near impossible AND we still need a LB no matter what

here is my total nightmare

we blow CL

and then we do this:

we barely liquidate the dregs, including Emerson, we also fail selling Jorginho,and Barkley, etc etc Marina digs in hard and will not sell at what is being offered at all

no new LB at all (Leicester refuses to come down on Chilwell and they have CL and we do not, plus, even though I do NOT want Chilwell, we also fail on the other 5 options)

Pope or worse GK

Ake CB (as we refuse to spend on an actual WC CB)

we sell Zouma and NOT AC first

we try to buy, but fail on Rice (and Partey goes to Arse or some other EPL club)

and we fail on Havertz

IF the choice is what you laid out (wish you had listed the acceptable CB's)
I would take Oblak (insane salary alert)  Skriniar (it gets dicey if we start to talking about CB's not named Skriniar,  Romagnoli, Giménez, Marquinhos, Verane de Ligt, or even Stefan de Vrij), and Partey (or Rice over Partey) over Havertz alllllllll day
but those are all massive pulls, some damn near impossible AND we still need a LB no matter what

here is my total nightmare
we blow CL
and then we do this:
we barely liquidate the dregs, including Emerson, we also fail selling Jorginho,and Barkley, etc etc Marina digs in hard and will not sell at what is being offered at all
no new LB at all (Leicester refuses to come down on Chilwell and they have CL and we do not, plus, even though I do NOT want Chilwell, we also fail on the other 5 options)
Pope or worse GK
Ake CB (as we refuse to spend on an actual WC CB)
we sell Zouma and NOT AC first
we try to buy, but fail on Rice (and Partey goes to Arse or some other EPL club)
and we fail on Havertz

I heard that Skriniar is not that good anymore from a good friend that is a Inter fan

5 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

I heard that Skriniar is not that good anymore from a good friend that is a Inter fan

Inter is my favourite non EPL team (plus AIK here in Stockholm, but Swedish football is minor leagues compared to the Big 5)

and he has not had the greatest year, but a back 3 Conte system doesn't suit as much as a normal 2 CB partnership with more traditional fullbacks

he is not a make or break CB for me, but is an acceptable WC or near WC target

he wont end up here anyway I think

Pep wants him

I wold be happy with de Vrij or Nikola Milenkovic or Lukas Klostermann (2 of the 3 by next summer would be immense, although this is the last year I recco buying de Vrij, as he is 28, so then I would add Edmond Tapsoba to the list)

plus if we get Rice, we can always work him in there too if needed

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/302918/Show/Milan-Skriniar

09ce567169bfffdae70098ae8c826a5f.png41418c13fe159907cee8992a90172cab.pnga909f4c910e801cdd3217c49e8c93383.pngcbf8750b7eff900e40795693ff52bf6b.png

On 17/07/2020 at 0:30 AM, killer1257 said:

Busquets is near being done at anything remotely top WC level, he is now 32yo and plays at times like he is 35+, and was pretty shit almost every time I saw him play lately

I used to rate the fuck out of him, it is a bit depressing when great players start to drop off a cliff

just like Marcelo, who insanely made the FIFA All World XI first team,(but even worse was the year before when 35yo Dani Alves was named to the first team, 6 months before he was released on a free and sent packing back to the shit leagues in Brasil) roflmaooo,

Marcelo was a bench rider most of this season and already even the year before to a far higher degree than he ever was before at RM other than his first half year there back in 2006/07

Marcelo:

yep that just screams all planet first team to me!

feaa986f8eea6ebf017d78ee35e349f3.pnga02d90e9a5e6e38a91bc28c792e1a1c7.png

On 18/07/2020 at 9:25 AM, killer1257 said:

he was semi poor tonight, de Vrij was far better

If de Vrij was the same age as Skriniar (de Vrij is almost exactly 3 years older, Feb 5, 1992 v February 11, 1995), I would drop Milan like a rock,for him, more than likely

we have been linked with de Vrij for TEN years now, starting in 2010 when he was 18 and had just finished a great debut season with Feyenoord

then when he was at Lazio

we could have had him ON A FREE in that cursed summer of 2018

plenty of options (some on here are basically impossible) a wide variety of styles

Raphaël Varane    (by far the hardest pull)
José Giménez   
Kalidou Koulibaly    (only via a massive discount as he turns 30 next summer, but that discount will never happen, although I cannot deny his talent, and he is for sale)
Marquinhos 
Matthijs de Ligt 
Milan Skriniar   
Alessio Romagnoli    
Stefan de Vrij
Lukas Klostermann   
Nikola Milenkovic
Ibrahima Konaté
David Alaba  (LB option too)
Rúben Dias    
Ozan Kabak  
Nico Elvedi    
Merih Demiral    
Diego Carlos
Marash Kumbulla    
Evan N'Dicka    
Edmond Tapsoba
Luiz Felipe  
Mohammed Salisu
Pau Torres   
Gabriel Magalhães
Duje Caleta-Car

Declan Rice for the wild card, but we need him more at DMF for now

Kai Havertz 'very interested in Chelsea move'

https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/man-utd/transfer-talk/news/kai-havertz-very-interested-in-chelsea-move_407217.html

Bayer Leverkusen attacker Kai Havertz is "very interested" in joining Chelsea during this summer's transfer window, according to Bleacher Report journalist Dean Jones.

Havertz's future remains the subject of much speculation, with the 20-year-old expected to leave BayArena this summer in search of pastures new.

Manchester United and Real Madrid have both been linked with the Germany international, but Chelsea are seemingly in pole position to secure his signature.

"He is interested, very interested actually. He really wants to push himself and Leverkusen are pretty surprised at how focused he is on finding a new club," Jones said in an interview with talkchelsea.

"He definitely wants Champions League football though so we will have to wait on that situation to be decided before knowing much more. If he joins then I'm not sure what the future holds for [Callum] Hudson-Odoi at Chelsea. Havertz enjoyed an excellent 2019-20 campaign for his German club, scoring 17 times and registering nine assists in 43 appearances in all competitions.

Chelsea, who will face Arsenal in the FA Cup final on August 1, have already boosted their attack ahead of the 2020-21 campaign with the signings of Hakim Ziyech and Timo Werner.

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

Kai Havertz 'very interested in Chelsea move'

https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/man-utd/transfer-talk/news/kai-havertz-very-interested-in-chelsea-move_407217.html

Bayer Leverkusen attacker Kai Havertz is "very interested" in joining Chelsea during this summer's transfer window, according to Bleacher Report journalist Dean Jones.

Havertz's future remains the subject of much speculation, with the 20-year-old expected to leave BayArena this summer in search of pastures new.

Manchester United and Real Madrid have both been linked with the Germany international, but Chelsea are seemingly in pole position to secure his signature.

"He is interested, very interested actually. He really wants to push himself and Leverkusen are pretty surprised at how focused he is on finding a new club," Jones said in an interview with talkchelsea.

"He definitely wants Champions League football though so we will have to wait on that situation to be decided before knowing much more. If he joins then I'm not sure what the future holds for [Callum] Hudson-Odoi at Chelsea. Havertz enjoyed an excellent 2019-20 campaign for his German club, scoring 17 times and registering nine assists in 43 appearances in all competitions.

Chelsea, who will face Arsenal in the FA Cup final on August 1, have already boosted their attack ahead of the 2020-21 campaign with the signings of Hakim Ziyech and Timo Werner.

If Havertz does even play wide here he will be one of 4 options, Pulisic, Callum, himself and Ziyech. Possibly 5 including Werner but I think he will play more through the middle.

You need 4 wingers in a squad these days. I think Werner will likely be more through the middle as I said and can see one of Ziyech or Havertz also featuring more centrally. I dont think he has much to worry about. I think in midfield, shifting Ross might be necessary as we already have Kovacic, Mount, Kante and Ruben on top of him and potentially Ziyech and Havertz who could play those roles in a 433 also. 

I dont think it will happen but if the club convinces Willian to stay and also gets Havertz, ok, then Callum should be worried. And after this season, where he hasnt done much of note (although the injury wasnt kind but still the big wage put more expectations on him imo), yes he should be worried. I honestly think if we get those signings and possibly retain Willian, he may need to go out on loan. 

https://theathletic.com/1935897/2020/07/20/ornstein-havertz-chelsea-pochettino-eze-qpr-monaco-warnock-middlesbrough/

David Ornstein now reporting Havertz close to Chelsea move.

Story says Chelsea is the lone bidder, Real backed out, United don't want a central player, Bayern don't want to offer cash up front, City aren't interested, Barca lack the money and PSG doesn't interest the player. Ornstein is reporting the bid to be a total of 80 million euros (Initial bid of 65+15 addons or 70 +10 addons)

15 minutes ago, Strike said:

https://theathletic.com/1935897/2020/07/20/ornstein-havertz-chelsea-pochettino-eze-qpr-monaco-warnock-middlesbrough/

David Ornstein now reporting Havertz close to Chelsea move.

Story says Chelsea is the lone bidder, Real backed out, United don't want a central player, Bayern don't want to offer cash up front, City aren't interested, Barca lack the money and PSG doesn't interest the player. Ornstein is reporting the bid to be a total of 80 million euros (Initial bid of 65+15 addons or 70 +10 addons)

The story also mentioned "Havertz previously imagined representing Real Madrid". Prepare for another Hazard saga down the road. :lol: