The Mourinho Thread

I love, absolute love the way you just cast aside his achievement at delivering the CL with Porto because it doesn't fit your agenda. That so called Monaco side had the likes of.....Jesus Christ. That side of Monaco had the likes of Jerome Rothen, Ludovic Giuly and Morientes, hardly shite was it? Or can't you remember the quality of them because it was a while back?

Just to let you know we have beaten Barcelona with Jose in charge before, or was that before you started following Chelsea?

Have you thought about swapping teams to Atletico?

You're going off from you initial point now. You said Jose is the best manager in the world and I disagree. I don't think he's the best right now. He is one of the best, but you can't go two seasons without winning fuck all and claim to be the best when there are other managers out there doing better with far less resources.

But I'm not going to go back and forth with a Jose fan boy whose avatar is Mourinho draped in blue paint. B)

Yep, let's talk about events that happened in 2005 and 2006 to prove that Jose is the best in 2014. Logic.

You're going off from you initial point now. You said Jose is the best manager in the world and I disagree. I don't think he's the best right now. He is one of the best, but you can't go two seasons without winning fuck all and claim to be the best when there are other managers out there doing better with far less resources.

But I'm not going to go back and forth with a Jose fan boy whose avatar is Mourinho draped in blue paint. B)

Yep, let's talk about events that happened in 2005 and 2006 to prove that Jose is the best in 2014. Logic.

What the fuck has my avatar got to do with anything?

I'm not going off point, I am well on point to the first one you raised. Here is a little taster as to why he is the best, enjoy. :beer:

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/jose-mourinho/erfolge/trainer_781.html

So who is the best manager right now? Guardiola? Klopp? Ancelotti? Simeone?

The point is that you could go back to 2004, 2005, 2006, 2010, 2012 and maybe a few other years and see Jose having success. Seven leagues and 2 CLs means his record is as good as anyone currently working.

So who is the best manager right now? Guardiola? Klopp? Ancelotti? Simeone?

The point is that you could go back to 2004, 2005, 2006, 2010, 2012 and maybe a few other years and see Jose having success. Seven leagues and 2 CLs means his record is as good as anyone currently working.

Like pissing into the wind when you are dealing with a bloke who is constantly bashing Mourinho.

Jose Mourinho has hit back at Eden Hazard for criticising his tactics by claiming the Chelsea winger is 'not 100 per cent ready' to sacrifice himself for the team.

The Chelsea boss began his Friday afternoon press conference by defending the Belgian's quotes, claiming Hazard's words about Mourinho's defensive displays has been 'transformed', but Mourinho finished by saying he wasn't happy with the winger.

Mourinho said: 'I listened to the interview. The words are different than some media was bringing. His words were transformed.

'He wasn't being critical. Normally you get comments from players like him that can't resolve a problem like we had in the first goal.

'In the first leg Willian played on the left and Cole was completely protected.

'Eden is the kind of player who is not so mentally ready to look to his left back.

'If you look at Athletico's first goal, you will see where the mistake is.

'The perfect team at this level can't make this sort if mistake. Eden is not 100 percent ready to sacrifice himself for the team. I'm not happy about that.'

Speaking after Chelsea's 3-1 defeat against Atletico Madrid on Wednesday, Hazard told beIN SPORTS: 'Chelsea aren't set up to play football. Chelsea are set up to counter-attack.'

The defiant 50-year-old also agreed with defender David Luiz, who claimed that Chelsea's season won't have been a bad one if the Blues fail to win the Premier League.

Mourinho added: 'I've been in the club longer than David. I arrived in 2004 he arrived after.

'I don't think it's a bad season, I think it's been a transitional season. If you compare to last season we've taken big steps.'

Best point of the night.

It's always good to improve from season before.

When you are on a high and you have one bad season, you hope it's a minor pullback.

But for a team that wants to go places this is a healthy sign.

Best point of the night.

It's always good to improve from season before.

When you are on a high and you have one bad season, you hope it's a minor pullback.

But for a team that wants to go places this is a healthy sign.

Exactly. This season we brought in Salah and Matic, the following window Jose has already said we are looking at two top signings one of which is a striker, then we will see the squad depth grow and our chances of being stronger in all departments grow too. I cannot claim this season has been bad at all, it's been a growing and maturing season with some players first seasons acting as a great bedding in period.

The signing of Matic alone was a success on it's own.

Truth is with this team we should have never been in the semi-finals, we should have gone out against PSG or maybe even earlier. We shouldn't be contending for the league, we should have lost against City and Liverpool and have it over much sooner. It's our manager we have to thank for taking us this far, I haven't felt more proud of the team for some time now. During the Rafa period I was completely alienated from the team, the drop from the joy of winning the Champions League with Robbie and then sinking into total apathy with Rafa was too much. Now hope and feeling of joy is back, even if we don't win anything. We've already come close to two of the biggest prizes with very limited quality.

If it wasn't for Jose, we'd have got someone else and he'd be sacked by summer, then we'd get another manager for next season and this charade would go on and on. No trying to build the team, just managers trying to hang on for their lives and patch things up for quick success, then leave a rotting team for the next one to start patching. If Jose actually gets time and peace of mind to do his thing, I'm confident we're gonna be swimming in trophies and enjoying our football.

Yeah but we still play terrible football when comes to attack and won no trophies. Sometimes, you make your team win ugly or you try more open, attacking football and ib few years, trophies come. Mourinho was "protected" for playing such defensive tactics because he won everything. But recently; he still plays same tactics, our team is terrible in attack (might even lead to players leaving) and we dont win anything (not that I would demand trophy this season but still).

I hope Mou implements at least bit more attacking football, or better; make our attack play with some patern, sense and efficiency.

I always said either you play ugly but win trophies or play nice football and maybe in few years get those trophies too. We arent closer to any of the two.

Mourinho is the drama queen and he has brought his drama back to Chelsea combined with the dull football. The most interesting thing about him is not how he sets his teams out to play but what he says in the press room. Guardiola once said he was "the fucking boss" of the press room. Now no trophies for two seasons and he is as bitter as ever. He has thrown Torres and Ba under the bus, made disparaging comments about an African legend in Eto'o and has now very harshly criticized Hazard. Of course he's done it all to hide his shortcomings this season. Or is it "I made eleven mistakes" or "my players lack balls". Always someone else's fault.

He has every right to criticize his players but he should do it in training or in private and not in a press conference.

It's sad because in this SAME press conference, Jose was quick to protect himself from criticism about his mini-trophy drought by going on a very long (prepared I'm sure) rant on his nearly misses and relative (one season really) success at Madrid. But yet, he had no problems throwing his star player under the bus, as if Hazard hasn't improved that side of his game greatly (Mourinho's words) . That's no way to represent your players. It reeks of "self", "me first and me alone". He cares more about his legacy. His scathing reaction to Wenger's "fear to fail" comment were very telling on reflection.

Note : This is not "I hate Jose" or "I want him to be sacked" no, this is simply stating an unpopular opinion. Nothing more, nothing less. Jose needs to change his attitude.

Yeah but we still play terrible football when comes to attack and won no trophies. Sometimes, you make your team win ugly or you try more open, attacking football and ib few years, trophies come. Mourinho was "protected" for playing such defensive tactics because he won everything. But recently; he still plays same tactics, our team is terrible in attack (might even lead to players leaving) and we dont win anything (not that I would demand trophy this season but still).

I hope Mou implements at least bit more attacking football, or better; make our attack play with some patern, sense and efficiency.

I always said either you play ugly but win trophies or play nice football and maybe in few years get those trophies too. We arent closer to any of the two.

The question is can he?

I think since he just all but unofficially confirmed our signing of Costa in his press conference I think now it is title or bust. He got his world class ST and Mid he demanded with Zouma as CB back up. So if we don't win the title next season we will be looking for a new manager.

I think since he just all but unofficially confirmed our signing of Costa in his press conference I think now it is title or bust. He got his world class ST and Mid he demanded with Zouma as CB back up. So if we don't win the title next season we will be looking for a new manager.

What did he say about costa?

What did he say about costa?

Basically when asked if we are interested in him he said yes and all the press in Spain are confirming it is a done deal so I say baring a Willian style last min deal with Spurs he is going to join us. Usually he rules out rumors straight away but this time he confirmed it.

Mourinho asked about trophy drought: "I'm going to tell you something about my career...In 2010, I reached the maximum of my career, I won everything. This is the maximum. In the first season, I won the cup against the best team in the world, I finished second to the best team in the world, and lost SemiFinals to best team in the world. then we won the league against the best team in the world, with all the records.. We lost in the semi0finals of the CL [against Bayern] when two of the best penalty-takers in the world missed penalties. Bad.. The next season, we beat Barca in all the big matches, and lost the CL SemiFinal by one goal.. In my fourth season, I go to CL SemiFinal, I fight for title until last moment, so these are four bad seasons of my career?... I got wrong by doing year after year like nobody else did. You arrive into a level where finish second is not good, SemiFinal not good... I'm guilty of that [being judged by higher standards], and I'm proud to be guilty of that''