The Mourinho Thread

This is what does my head in. Where did he get the idea from that we ever played "stylish" football at any point in time under him. He said something similar at the start of the season. if the struggle, bootleg version of counter attacking football we were playing earlier in the season is his idea of "stylish" football then . . . . . .

Day after day, Mourinho becomes a god-like character for his fans, and a pathetic and hated character for 95% of people outside Chelsea fan base.

He said today he is a victim of his own success, actually I think he is a victim of his own big ego.

"I'm going to tell you something -- a bit of the history of my career,"

Its pretty hard to imagine a manager that loves to gives himself so much credit, as Mourinho does. His interview today reminds of one of his last interviews in Spain, when he tried to covince everyone his 3 years with Real were a huge success, because he won a small trophy against "the best team in the world", "came second, after the best team in the world", won one La Liga against "the best team in the world". Ok, its really hard to beat Barcelona, "the best team in the world", but Juade Ramos and Pellegrini managed to came second, only after "the best team in the world". Nothing special about that. Real hired Mourinho not to make them the second best team in Spain, but to make them the best in the world, but it seems he still thinks what he did in Spain was something really special, even if the whole country disagree.

In the beginning of the season his comments were like" "you have nothing to celebrate if you come second", now he is trying to convince us all he had a very good season because the team made a "major step". Well, last season we fired our manager after 4 months, and then hired a quick fix. Only a jackass of a manager would "manage" to make it worse than we were last season.

Another thing he is not saying: we are still "fighting" for the PL (and thats only virtually) because this season is lacking a solid team like past seasons. If we win our 2 remaining games, we will be only 9 points above last season. No doubt thats an improvement, but far from a "big step".

Last season we faced Shaktar and Juventus in the group stage, this season it was Basel and Schalke, how can anyone expect anything different from reaching the knockout-stage?

But Mourinho is never wrong, he never fails, there is always something or someone else to blame.

It's funny cause I thought the same.

That's why I didn't mind the dog shit that we saw sometimes.

I do wonder how very little creativity we have at times, but it was very important to address the key areas in defense.

We now have a template to work from in that area, now hopefully next season we can start opening a bit more with freedom, especially after getting a good striker.

Creativity has hurt us against the small teams that park the bus, next season with a foundation in defense and mid we can be more open regularly.

Personally i agree with hazard, we were playing a boring, fuck and shit game.For some reason they don’t have the structure. At the moment they lack fluidity to their game, either by design or other factors. But this is not a mourinho team. This is a transisional team that avb, rdm, rafa left in chelsea. And maybe those emenalo team. It isn't fair to judge mourinho this season, though i don't like parking bus tactics.

I like an effective counter attack but not too deep like this! I DON'T LIKE IT! But to be fair, if we wouldn't play with parking bus tactic with this team, we wouldn't in tittle race or semifinals.

For next season: i would like to see a new mourinho team with an EFFECTIVE COUNTER ATTACKING FOOTBALL, not a deep defence counter attacking football. That's it. Roman will be happy afterwards, if don't, you know what i mean

It's funny how people are so quick to turn on Mourinho, when we win they're positive and upbeat, when we lose they turn on Mourinho, typical. It's alright to criticise a manager but to slate him with such discontent is staggering. Many people on this forum preach longevity but when push comes to shove deep down in their hearts they want instant success, if we don't get it they cry on a public forum and spout their negative bullshit.

Forget football. Forget results. The exact same thing must be said about our manager. Mourinho is the one that brings it on himself. He brings negativity to the club that is not limited to what happens on the football pitch. He has always been this way, but he has become more worse since his stint at Madrid.

Personally, I was on this same thread preaching a message of positivity after the Atletico defeat. You can go back and read my post immediately after the game. Mourinho showed me today (and not just today, but all season) that he cares more about personal glory than his so-called love for Chelsea.

what does this generation that is used to Football Manager actually knows about building a team and buying a squad? Of course, not all people who play it are like that, but the enormous amount of people using a squad value to justify things just prove they don't know the first thing about football...

They don't know about sports in general, expensive teams don't equal championships, ask the Cowboys, Dodgers, Yankees, Redskins, etc. People are silly.

Day after day, Mourinho becomes a god-like character for his fans, and a pathetic and hated character for 95% of people outside Chelsea fan base.

He said today he is a victim of his own success, actually I think he is a victim of his own big ego.

Its pretty hard to imagine a manager that loves to gives himself so much credit, as Mourinho does. His interview today reminds of one of his last interviews in Spain, when he tried to covince everyone his 3 years with Real were a huge success, because he won a small trophy against "the best team in the world", "came second, after the best team in the world", won one La Liga against "the best team in the world". Ok, its really hard to beat Barcelona, "the best team in the world", but Juade Ramos and Pellegrini managed to came second, only after "the best team in the world". Nothing special about that. Real hired Mourinho not to make them the second best team in Spain, but to make them the best in the world, but it seems he still thinks what he did in Spain was something really special, even if the whole country disagree.

In the beginning of the season his comments were like" "you have nothing to celebrate if you come second", now he is trying to convince us all he had a very good season because the team made a "major step". Well, last season we fired our manager after 4 months, and then hired a quick fix. Only a jackass of a manager would "manage" to make it worse than we were last season.

Another thing he is not saying: we are still "fighting" for the PL (and thats only virtually) because this season is lacking a solid team like past seasons. If we win our 2 remaining games, we will be only 9 points above last season. No doubt thats an improvement, but far from a "big step".

Last season we faced Shaktar and Juventus in the group stage, this season it was Basel and Schalke, how can anyone expect anything different from reaching the knockout-stage?

But Mourinho is never wrong, he never fails, there is always something or someone else to blame.

Mourinho is never wrong. He's the best manager ever, why not boast? I would. 9 points is only slightly better? Thats 3 wins, along with making it farther in the CL. He did have a good season, he had to rebuild the team on the fly. Next season we'll win CL/PL.

It's funny how people are so quick to turn on Mourinho, when we win they're positive and upbeat, when we lose they turn on Mourinho, typical. It's alright to criticise a manager but to slate him with such discontent is staggering. Many people on this forum preach longevity but when push comes to shove deep down in their hearts they want instant success, if we don't get it they cry on a public forum and spout their negative bullshit.

Exactly. If we lose the first game next season people will be calling for his head. If we keep him we can dominate Europe.

Forget football. Forget results. The exact same thing must be said about our manager. Mourinho is the one that brings it on himself. He brings negativity to the club that is not limited to what happens on the football pitch. He has always been this way, but he has become more worse since his stint at Madrid.

Personally, I was on this same thread preaching a message of positivity after the Atletico defeat. You can go back and read my post immediately after the game. Mourinho showed me today (and not just today, but all season) that he cares more about personal glory than his so-called love for Chelsea. He is not the same guy that he was in his first stint at the club.

Mourinho brings success.

We don't agree on some stuff, and I don't agree with the way you attack some of our best players unfairly, but I agree with you 101%.

This is what bothers me the most about Jose. Even Ferguson, the best ever manager never gave himself so much credit for his achievements. This is not about being a bad loser but this is about having a tremendous ego, a Cult of Personality in every sense of that phrase. The way he sometimes speaks in first person "I did this", "I won the league from the best Barcelona" "I broke the goalscoring record in Spain" is funny. I initially thought it was a language issue but I realize that he speaks this way in both Spanish and Portuguese.

He also doesn't miss a chance to berate our previous achievements. "I don't like the way Chelsea played in the last 2 seasons".Well, hello, we are not playing that much better in terms of style! When the journo asked him about Terry crying, he used it as an opportunity to praise himself indirectly. "He's crying because he got knocked out in the 2nd leg of a semi-final, last season how could he cry when he got knocked out in the group". Then belittling our Europa league achievement. Dude, we won a league title, FA cups, Champions league and Europa league without you.

But all that stuff is not even that important. The sad thing is when his ego extends to the players and the team and causes unrest in the camp, a'la Madrid.

They don't know about sports in general, expensive teams don't equal championships, ask the Cowboys, Dodgers, Yankees, Redskins, etc. People are silly.

Mourinho is never wrong. He's the best manager ever, why not boast? I would. 9 points is only slightly better? Thats 3 wins, along with making it farther in the CL. He did have a good season, he had to rebuild the team on the fly. Next season we'll win CL/PL.

Exactly. If we lose the first game next season people will be calling for his head. If we keep him we can dominate Europe.

Mourinho brings success.

(1) Well that's just bullshit, he is not the best ever manager. He is one of the best of all time though. But he has already said we shouldn't judge him by his past laurels.

(2) He hasn't done so for two years. 620 days according to MARCA. He also brings with him a lot of undesirable bullshit, which is precisely what the last five pages have been about .

Mourinho critical of Hazard. Don't like this

While it is reminiscent of his criticism of Joe Cole....I don't see a big issue. Hazard is not an established player yet like Ronaldo, and this is the time when he should use every bit of criticism aimed at him for improving himself.

Yes Mourinho has taken a gamble by putting comments out in public...But what of Hazard? Is he going to cry and throw his toys out of his pram, or is he going to come back stronger? If he's the player we hope he's going to become it should be the latter.

While it is reminiscent of his criticism of Joe Cole....I don't see a big issue. Hazard is not an established player yet like Ronaldo, and this is the time when he should use every bit of criticism aimed at him for improving himself.

Yes Mourinho has taken a gamble by putting comments out in public...But what of Hazard? Is he going to cry and throw his toys out of his pram, or is he going to come back stronger? If he's the player we hope he's going to become it should be the latter.

He also did the same to Ronaldo. Ronaldo like Hazard complained about his negative, rigid tactics, especially in the clasicos. It wasn't just Casillas and Ramos. He fell out with almost all his players at Madrid.

http://www.goal.com/en-gh/news/4375/editorials/2013/08/07/4170817/how-ronaldo-mourinhos-relationship-deteriorated-at-real

Geez so much negativity because of ONE game!

This is actually the first time I'm more pride than upset for losing a semi-final. No ref to steal the final from us, no ghost goal, etc. No nothing, just a better team...

I am absolutely proud of Jose and the boys. We reached the semi-finals with honor and are still in the race for the title (although it is almost impossible to win it).

KTBFFH!

I think the negativity is based around the whole season, not just the Atletico game...

I think the negativity is based around the whole season, not just the Atletico game...

How? This season hasnt been so bad!

Yeah, we didnt win any trophies but so what? Teams dont win trophies every year!

We made some important improvements and I am confident Mourinho will do the right business in this upcoming transfer window and I am absolutely positive we will come strong next season...

Geez so much negativity because of ONE game!

This is actually the first time I'm more pride than upset for losing a semi-final. No ref to steal the final from us, no ghost goal, etc. No nothing, just a better team...

I am absolutely proud of Jose and the boys. We reached the semi-finals with honor and are still in the race for the title (although it is almost impossible to win it).

KTBFFH!

Great post amongst a trailer load of shit.

Exactly as I thought. He did this after we lost to sunderland in the carling cup in december. We were scoring more goals but conceding a lot in the process, so we were losing points and too close to 5th.

But next season we have to try and build properly now we have foundations of a good back line. I hope he's having plans of total attack/ total defense with the left back supporting hazard at every chance when attacking so that hazard can't come out and say he's left to attack all alone again.